Tennis: Wimbledon 2021

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
The last win for Denis was exciting. This one is just a relief. He'd have been kicking himself if he'd lost after being the better player and having all those break points in the 5th.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Hurkacz breaks back in the 2nd set, 4-3 on serve. Roger, not Hurkacz, could afford to lose the first set, but, man, going down two sets would be asking a lot of the tennis gods.

Reactions: Tuggy

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
3-love in the third as Hurkacz continues to play beautiful, clutch tennis.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Federer is officially done now. A small part of me was hopeful that he could make one last run at Wimbledon (I already knew he was done at the other tournaments) but losing badly to this guy is surely confirmation that his days of competing at a high level are done. Inevitable but sad to see it play out like this.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Great win. Hurkacz left no doubt who deserved to go forward.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
It's almost like you need to play in order to, well, play.

But great job from Hurkacz. Now hopefully Shapovalov beat Djokovic tomorrow.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Federer is officially done now. A small part of me was hopeful that he could make one last run at Wimbledon (I already knew he was done at the other tournaments) but losing badly to this guy is surely confirmation that his days of competing at a high level are done. Inevitable but sad to see it play out like this.

...Probably. He'd needs to play a bit more than he does at the moment.
Which would probably require the energy he doesn't have anymore.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Barrettini looks more tired of the two. If Felix can keep up his pace and doesn't succumb to the pressure, I'm not sure Barrettini can take two more sets here.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Felix evens at a set apiece. Berrettini exhibiting everything I don't like about his game--nerves under pressure, streakinesss, vulnerable backhand, minimum defensive game. Against Felix, though, I doubt if his troubles last unless FAA really has acquied a different mind set.

Last edited:

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Maybe it happened more recently than I recall, but when was the last time Fed got bageled at a major? Has it ever happened at Wimbledon? :amazed:

Edit: BBC says first time at Wimbledon and first time in all competitions since the final vs Nadal at the French in 2008. Crazy.

Reactions: kihei

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Barrettini's not getting close at all during FAA's service games and FAA has been putting pressure on Barrettini's service games. If I had to guess, Barrettini will be the first to crack. His backhand has been hemorrhaging points the last two sets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad