Tennis: Wimbledon 2021

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Shapovalov misses probably his easiest put away shot of the match costing him a set point. Djokovic winds up getting his first break. Feels like it might be a turning point.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Shapovalov lost 2 points total in his first 4 service games. He lost 5 points on his serve in the tiebreaker. Felt like Shapovalov was in control for 90% of that set and yet still couldn't take it. That's why Djokovic is the best player in the world though.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
From serving for the set to looking really overmatched in just three games.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
A bit disappointed that Shapo couldn't close out the set, but that's what happens when you go up against one of the GOATs. Gotta keep composure and don't let the moment get to you, which is much easier said than done.

Reactions: Tuggy

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
A bit disappointed that Shapo couldn't close out the set, but that's what happens when you go up against one of the GOATs. Gotta keep composure and don't let the moment get to you, which is much easier said than done.
That missed put away forehand at the net at 30 all, 5-4 is one he'll have nightmares about assuming he loses this.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
That missed put away forehand at the net at 30 all, 5-4 is one he'll have nightmares about assuming he loses this.

Stuff like this is going to happen when you're facing one of the GOATs. I doubt anyone thinks Shapo is going win this match without facing a lot of adversity, so he's just going to have to figure out a way to block it in his head and continue playing the way he has been prior.

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Stuff like this is going to happen when you're facing one of the GOATs. I doubt anyone thinks Shapo is going win this match without facing a lot of adversity, so he's just going to have to figure out a way to block it in his head and continue playing the way he has been prior.
Agreed however you don't pull off an upset on a player like Djokovic missing those types of chances.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
So many missed opportunities in this match for Denis.

He's unlucky to be trailing right now.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Well that should do it.

Denis will have lots to build on from this match but he'll lose some sleep on what could've been.

Reactions: kihei

sjsharks92

Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Great match. A straight set win for Djokovic, but it felt like in each set there was really only one or two points that separated each player. Djokovic just happened to win all of those key points.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A very good effort, just a bit frustrating because of missed opportunities. But the future looks bright for him.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
The last time Novak lost on Center Court at Wimbledon was EIGHT years ago. Wow. Berrettini is in great form, will be a tough match.

Oct 18, 2006
The last time Novak lost on Center Court at Wimbledon was EIGHT years ago. Wow. Berrettini is in great form, will be a tough match.
I think Shapo provides a tougher matchup personally, I think it’ll be a tough match but I honestly was more anxious for Shapo than Berrettini.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Berrettini has returned serve better than I thought possible this Wimbledon. He has won a whopping 84 per cent of his first serves and his forehand has often been an intimidating force. But he hasn't exactly faced a murderer's row of competition. I think Nole will breakdown his backhand and introduce him to parts of the court where he doesn't want to play, undermining his confidence in the process. Nole in three or four sets.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Barry defeats Pliskova 6-3, 6-7, 6-3. Ash served for the match in the second but faltered and Pliskova took the breaker. In the third, Pliskova faded, and Barty took her opportunity.

Reactions: Primary Assist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad