Tennis: Wimbledon 2019

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nadal gets it done. Well, that's a relief. Though I am curious about what would happen, I don't want to see Rafa go five on grass these days.

Reactions: Wrigley

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
So far, Nick taking that lost breaker in stride splendidly, paying attention to business, and holding serve easily, 4-3. He's still in the match in a big way.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
One of Nick's problems is that even when he is concentrating and being good, part of him is still looking for the circus shot to end a point with. It's just catnip to him--he can't resist the impulse too often.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Rafa fan in me wants him to end it: the neutral fan in me wants a fifth set. Can't lose, right?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
A model of concentration to the end, Rafa ends it with an easy win in the fourth set tie breaker. Looks like he can still play on grass pretty damn good.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Fucs and Fog at two sets apiece, on serve in the fifth set, 3-2. This one looked like it was going to be too close to call and it is.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Fabio plays beautifully to get the late break and then serves out the match at love, 6-3. Very positive win for him.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Because they are talented enough that they should have made a much bigger dent by now. Because I'm tired of seeing the same players go deep into majors and 1000s all the time. As much as I love Roger, a guy his age shouldn't be regularly making quarters, semis and finals. Generation useless was brutal and I'd love to see the young guys start to move.

Talented enough? Nope, results say you're wrong. Tired of the Big 3 winning? Tough noogies. The 3 greatest players winning, winning and winning some more is a blessing you, me and everyone needs to be grateful for. As for your age remark, you need to re-examine your definition of what "old" for a pro athlete is, because that's evolving, like it or not.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Milos gets an early break and is playing really confidently. Opelka is dejected.

Good job Milos! He destroyed Opelka in the last two sets, 2 and 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tuggy

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Kyrgios' presser after the match yesterday was something else. He said he wanted to hit Rafa in the chest. He was also at a pub the night before the match. Admits he doesn't train hard enough. I agree with him saying the ump let Rafa dictate the pace of play on his return, everyone knows you play to the server's pace.

Has he ever dissed Roger? He seems to really dislike Rafa and Djokovic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad