Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
What a joke. That wasn't even worth a suspension, if his name wasn't Tom Wilson this wouldn't be a thread
To some extent this is true, like the guy that hit MacKinnon also doesn't get suspended if it wasn't MacKinnon.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Tom Wilson is a meathead.

I would bet money that he has an account on this message board and/or visits this message board.

He probably saw people criticizing him for not doing anything in the game when Ovechkin speared Frederic in the groin. Then thought to himself that he needed to prove how big of a man he was by acting like a hooligan on the ice.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
So what you’re saying is you’re cool with head hunters? Tom Wilson does that to Matthews and I think you’d be singing a different tune

This wasn’t even the worst of Wilson’s hits, relatively speaking. Still, it was bad and he deserved to be punished. He better clean up his act or he’s probably gonna be up for much longer suspensions if he keeps pulling this crap

don’t put words in my mouth. I’m a big fan of hitting. Matthews doesn’t put himself in spots like that.

Wilson drove through the body and caught some head. This suspension will be reduced

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
If his name wasn't Tom Wilson he doesn't make that hit.

That hit gets made multiple times a game. Most players receiving it along the boards (including Wilson many times) just don't drop their head and open up their shoulders as they're getting hit.

League flat out stating that they suspended Wilson because he's judged under a different set of rules is hilarious. Can't say no when an O6 franchise is bawling their eyes out about it

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Piece of shit player who’s had a grand total of two 20+ goal seasons and something on the order of 30 games of suspensions.

if he wasn’t such a dangerous cheap shot he’d be largely irrelevant. Problem is he leaves a wake of concussions and the occasional broken jaw. Which makes him a big deal in a dangerous way. Just like the rabid dog you hope someone will put down before it attacks someone again.

Carlo paid the price with a night in the hospital. Hope the East teams send him a gift. He paid the price, but they all get 7 games of reprieve from having to play Russian roulette with Tommy Sociopath on the ice.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
anyone who thinks this is too many games, I say wait and see the results of Mark Pavelich's brain examination

It's confirmed they will check it for chronic traumatic encephalopathy

These repeated head shots are no joke, ruining someone's career is nothing compared to what happens to some players

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
This suspension costs him $300,000. (Would be double that if he was on repeat offender status)

He’s now lost $1.2 million.
His next suspension, which will surely be soon, will cost him the full value of his time missed.

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
don’t put words in my mouth. I’m a big fan of hitting. Matthews doesn’t put himself in spots like that.

Wilson drove through the body and caught some head. This suspension will be reduced
Hitting is fine. Clean, hard hits are completely normal in hockey

Wilson drove Carlo’s head into the boards. That is not clean hockey. He had PLENTY of room to make a clean, shoulder to shoulder check and instead he chose to come outside of him where his head was

If you think Wilson didn’t know exactly what he was doing, I have a bridge to sell you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad