Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
anyone who thinks this is too many games, I say wait and see the results of Mark Pavelich's brain examination

It's confirmed they will check it for chronic traumatic encephalopathy

These repeated head shots are no joke, ruining someone's career is nothing compared to what happens to some players
What Wilson did is not comparable to

and that guy is in the HHOF

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
How many suspensions before they throw him out of the league? 6? 8? 10?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This is a reputation suspension as much as the league should protect....if his name was Nick Backstrom he would get 2 games tops.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
What utter garbage.

It was a marginal hit. He drove through the body to the head. It's a borderline roughing call.

Deeply unimpressed with the whiney Bruins org. and soy boy new NHL.

Reactions: Kuznetsnow

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
According to the caps board we’re all soft hockey fans!

It honestly makes me sad that the Capitals won a cup when I realize that Wilson won that cup too and Capitals fans got to celebrate it.

I wish Ovi would have won a cup somewhere else. He totally deserved it, but I really wish it didn't happen on Washington with Wilson on his team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What utter garbage.

It was a marginal hit. He drove through the body to the head. It's a borderline roughing call.

Deeply unimpressed with the whiney Bruins org. and soy boy new NHL.

I like how it's literally only Caps fans who defend the hit as being clean. Literally no one else is defending it as clean. Just Caps fans.

But yes, it was just a "marginal hit", despite the DoPS giving him a 7 game suspension.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Player Safety is reputation based...remember this got no fine nor discipline, if that's Wilson that's 5+ games.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
It honestly makes me sad that the Capitals won a cup when I realize that Wilson won that cup too and Capitals fans got to celebrate it.

I wish Ovi would have won a cup somewhere else. He totally deserved it, but I really wish it didn't happen on Washington with Wilson on his team.

Why? Wilson wouldn't make the top 5 dirtiest Penguins of the Crosby era. Does a rival team having a physical player really drive Pens fans so nuts?

Good memories tho

tom-wilson-cup.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why? Wilson wouldn't make the top 5 dirtiest Penguins of the Crosby era. Does a rival team having a physical player really drive Pens fans so nuts?

Good memories tho

tom-wilson-cup.jpg

Imagine seriously believing this nonsense. The only player that's even in the same stratosphere as Wilson is Cooke.

But you're doing a great job at supporting my point. You Capitals fans didn't deserve to have a cup winner, and I'm genuinely sad Ovi had to win it with your fanbase with Wilson on his team.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
The funniest part about the appeal process is that it takes so long he’ll already have served his suspension by the ruling. All he’d get back is the money but still miss 7 games.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Imagine seriously believing this nonsense.

But you're doing a great job at supporting my point. You Capitals fans didn't deserve to have a cup winner, and I'm genuinely sad Ovi had to win it with your fanbase.

Cry more lol. I'll also pretend to be upset that Crosby had to share a cup with Matt Cooke, Patrick Hornqvist, Evgeni Malkin and a whole pile of trash that's been injuring players with impunity for a decade.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Cry more lol. I'll also pretend to be upset that Crosby had to share a cup with Matt Cooke, Patrick Hornqvist, Evgeni Malkin and a whole pile of trash that's been injuring players with impunity for a decade.

Imagine seriously thinking that Evgeni Malkin is even on the same planet in terms of "dirtiness" as Tom Wilson.

Well, if you're an insane Capitals homer, I guess I can get it.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Imagine seriously thinking that Evgeni Malkin is even on the same planet in terms of "dirtiness" as Tom Wilson.

Well, if you're an insane Capitals homer, I guess I can get it.

Yeah his slewfoots have much more angelic intent than shoulder to shoulder bodychecks.

If he wasn't made of glass and didn't injure himself on half of his dirty hits his trail of bodies would dwarf anyone else

Reactions: AussieCapsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad