Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah his slewfoots have much more angelic intent than shoulder to shoulder bodychecks.

Like I said, I genuinely wish Ovi would have left the Capitals and won a cup elsewhere. And you're doing a great job at proving my point.

What's his defense? All my previous suspensions were different?

To the eyes of Capitals homers here, it's because:

1. It was somehow a clean hit, despite it not being a clean hit.
2. Because other players didn't get suspended for completely different plays.

So just nonsense basically.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
anyone who thinks this is too many games, I say wait and see the results of Mark Pavelich's brain examination

It's confirmed they will check it for chronic traumatic encephalopathy

These repeated head shots are no joke, ruining someone's career is nothing compared to what happens to some players
Mark Pavelich played 40 years ago. These hits happened before Tom Wilson and they will happen after Tom Wilson. So maybe your problem here is with the sport itself which has left a lot of players with a lot of concussions. That’s all I got for you

Reactions: AussieCapsFan

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Wilson would get laughed out of the room if he tried to take this up to an independent arbitrator.

His last suspension was reduced.

His current suspension they literally had to pull a reason out of their ass because "no individual parts of the play were suspension worthy"

it'll be knocked down to 3 games and Penguins, Bruins and Isles fans can share kleenex in their support circle

Reactions: Foots

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
It will be interesting to see how this ruling is used moving forward. Eller was boarded from behind and had a concussion and missed some games. No suspension.

You talking about the Komarov hit? He should have been suspended for that. 5 minute major on the play, not even sure if he had a hearing.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
His last suspension was reduced.

His current suspension they literally had to pull a reason out of their ass because "no individual parts of the play were suspension worthy"

it'll be knocked down to 3 games and Penguins, Bruins and Isles fans can share kleenex in their support circle

God some of you Capitals fans in here are such horrible homers.

How can you genuinely believe the nonsense you're posting here? Are you just posting this to screw with people or do you actually believe this?

I just have a really tough time understanding this, because if a Penguins player threw that kind of hit, I'd absolutely say he should be suspended. I don't understand how someone can be so biased towards their team that they'd seriously defend that kind of hit.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Imagine seriously believing this nonsense. The only player that's even in the same stratosphere as Wilson is Cooke.

But you're doing a great job at supporting my point. You Capitals fans didn't deserve to have a cup winner, and I'm genuinely sad Ovi had to win it with your fanbase with Wilson on his team.
Ha I hate Wilson but this post is a joke.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Like I said, I genuinely wish Ovi would have left the Capitals and won a cup elsewhere. And you're doing a great job at proving my point.

Why, because I don't like slewfoots (something super dirty Wilson doesn't seem to do for whatever reason)? I also don't like actual headshots like the one Cooke ended Savard's career with. Or achilles stomps that crippled one of the most dynamic defenseman of our generation. You know, actual dirty plays rather than big hits gone wrong.

No amount of projection will help you cope with the fact that you root for a far dirtier team. Look within

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
You talking about the Komarov hit? He should have been suspended for that. 5 minute major on the play, not even sure if he had a hearing.
Yup that hit and the one on Oshie in the playoffs that broke his collarbone. The consistency is what gets me. If you want to suspend players now for hits that send them violently into the boards then fine. But please do it consistently.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Why, because I don't like slewfoots (something super dirty Wilson doesn't seem to do for whatever reason)? I also don't like actual headshots like the one Cooke ended Savard's career with. Or achilles stomps that crippled one of the most dynamic defenseman of our generation. You know, actual dirty plays rather than big hits gone wrong.

No amount of projection will help you cope with the fact that you root for a far dirtier team. Look within

No, because you defend a guy who takes cheap shots for fun as being clean.

If you seriously think the Penguins are a far dirtier team, you must really enjoy dropping bricks on your head from the roof of a building or something like that. Tom Wilson alone brings more dirtiness than literally anyone in the Penguins organization, and the fact that you're trying to deflect it now just shows how desperate you are here.

Ha I hate Wilson but this post is a joke.

No, it's totally spot on. I wish Ovi would have won in another organization because I hate that Capitals fans got to celebrate it and I hate that Wilson got his name on the cup.

I would prefer Ovi to win 10 cups in a row on literally any other team over him winning 1 with Tom Wilson on the Capitals.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
God some of you Capitals fans in here are such horrible homers.

How can you genuinely believe the nonsense you're posting here? Are you just posting this to screw with people or do you actually believe this?

I just have a really tough time understanding this, because if a Penguins player threw that kind of hit, I'd absolutely say he should be suspended. I don't understand how someone can be so biased towards their team that they'd seriously defend that kind of hit.

Their ruling is literally "totality of circumstances" lol. They couldn't even call it a hit to the head no matter how much myopic fanbases on here wanted them to. Wilson's side will bring up Carlo's turn at the last second and butt end he got in front of an independent arbiter coupled with the murky ruling itself and that will be that.

Cry as much as you want, facts are on our side. His last suspension was reduced and this one will be as well

Reactions: Hatfield

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
You may want to look up actual information and statistics about reffing. Bruins had like 5 seasons in a row with the worst ratio of penalty kills to power plays instead of saying dumb shit like this.
I mean, they were by far the dirtiest team in the league. And calling less penalties favored the Bruins at that time.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Their ruling is literally "totality of circumstances" lol. They couldn't even call it a hit to the head no matter how much myopic fanbases on here wanted them to. Wilson's side will bring up Carlo's turn at the last second and butt end he got in front of an independent arbiter coupled with the murky ruling itself and that will be that.

Cry as much as you want, facts are on our side. His last suspension was reduced and this one will be as well

Oh, you mean the facts like Tom Wilson getting suspended for 7 games?

The "facts" of this case say this hit was a dirty and suspendable hit, hence why he was suspended. It's just a bunch of Capitals homers who probably enjoy playing catch with bricks who say this is a clean hit.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Totality of circumstances. Hit to head. Boarding. Predatory. Premeditated. All of the above.

You pointing to Carlo as a cause of his own injury is disturbing.

Reactions: Alicat

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
NHLOL and DoPeS at it again. They don’t care about player safety. Then again, when you have a putrid goon in Parros in charge what do you expect? Wilson getting less than 20 games is a detriment to the sport.

The animal will be released again ready to maim the next player.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004

If you seriously think the Penguins are a far dirtier team, you must really enjoy dropping bricks on your head from the roof of a building or something like that. Tom Wilson alone brings more dirtiness than literally anyone in the Penguins organization, and the fact that you're trying to deflect it now just shows how desperate you are here.

No, it's totally spot on. I wish Ovi would have won in another organization because I hate that Capitals fans got to celebrate it and I hate that Wilson got his name on the cup.

I would prefer Ovi to win 10 cups in a row on literally any other team over him winning 1 with Tom Wilson on the Capitals.
This is next level envy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Sorry I meant Matt cooke

We are as close to the year 2030 as we are to the last time Matt Cooke played a game with the Penguins.

Cooke is the only guy on the Penguins in the last 20 years that's even in the same stratosphere in terms of dirtiness as Wilson. Based on suspension history, that's a flat out fact.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Are we just gonna ignore the 99% of the Caps fanbase whining about Wilson being the victim here?

he is the victim but that's besides the point, no one really cares

Cool. Show me his slewfoots, his stomps, his stickwork, his butt ends, him chopping the fingers off of other players for fun, his Cooke on Savard hits to the head and nothing else. All you'll find is big hits that go wrong few and far in between given that he's one of the most prolific hitters in the league. For someone who takes cheapshots for fun he went for 2 years without a single hit going wrong despite dishing out a mountain of them

Are you just jealous that he finishes his checks like a man, fights his fights and doesn't resort to any underhanded shit like everyone the Pens roll out and goes about his day?

Reactions: Hatfield
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad