• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Have they officially renamed it the Department of Penguins Safety yet?

The Pens pay hundreds of thousands of dollars bribe money to the league every year to favor them.

Last round the Pens played the Flyers. Owned by Comcast. Have you seen my cable bills?

This round the Caps, in Washington where a turtle could get bribed with a hundred thousand dollars there is so much graft floating around.

I wish people would stop whining and get on their teams to pony up.

I mean you can not out bribe Pittsburgh? PITTSBURGH?

You and your team should be embarrassed.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
There was no intent to injure from Wilson....he gets THREE games suspension?? The same suspension as when Kedri tried to kill Wingels last month. This has both hits:

Tom Wilson’s 3-Game Suspension Is Overkill by NHL

They need to get some parity back.

This is your opportunity to see if Washington can win without Wilson out there trying to put opponents in the hospital. You should cherish this!!!

Reactions: Viqsi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Mike Sullivan and the pens basically forced the leagues hand. Disgusting. Should be an investigation into this.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I believe you misunderstood. He exploded upwards and the impact of the hit brought him off his feet into the bench. When he made contract, he was on his feet and if he missed the hit, I do not believe he would have left his feet at all.

:laugh:

Hockey fans are a special breed of stupid.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
To me, Wilson's hit was a bit worse than Kadri's. I'm not saying that Kadri's wasn't bad, because it was, but his was an emotional response to seeing Marner take a cheapshot from Wingels. Wilson's hit seems to be completely predatory and unprovoked.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Crappy situation for the Caps. This really hurts them going forward. I would say Wilson needs to be smarter but that's just the way he plays, not sure he can learn how to hit guys at 80% instead of 100%. This was a bang bang play and I don't think there was any intent to actually hurt. Intent to level the biggest hit he possibly could..yeah. They both squared up and lowered shoulders, the problem is the little guy folded like a shitty lawn chair upon contact. When that happens it doesn't matter where contact begins, the force will inevitably reach your head/face. If the guy had gotten right up nobody would be complaining at all. Suspension was definitely given due to player reputation and injury severity.

Syrinx

Jul 7, 2005
Cary, NC
I believe you misunderstood. He exploded upwards and the impact of the hit brought him off his feet into the bench. When he made contract, he was on his feet and if he missed the hit, I do not believe he would have left his feet at all.
So jumping and running into something he went higher than if he had jumped and not hit anything? Like, reverse physics?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Crappy situation for the Caps. This really hurts them going forward. I would say Wilson needs to be smarter but that's just the way he plays, not sure he can learn how to hit guys at 80% instead of 100%. This was a bang bang play and I don't think there was any intent to actually hurt. Intent to level the biggest hit he possibly could..yeah. They both squared up and lowered shoulders, the problem is the little guy folded like a ****ty lawn chair upon contact. When that happens it doesn't matter where contact begins, the force will inevitably reach your head/face. If the guy had gotten right up nobody would be complaining at all. Suspension was definitely given due to player reputation and injury severity.

Ovechkin adjusted after his last suspension. Even Matt Cooke adjusted his last couple of years.

For where this league is heading you either adjust or will not have a job.

Reactions: NewAgeOutlaw

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
I see a guy going in for a hit hard which is fine...going for the shoulder...smaller player can see Wilson coming lowers for contact...

Wilson follows through with the hit as you should...first contact shoulder...second contact head...Repeat offender though so I kinda get it? ish

Clean hit for me!

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
3 games in the playoffs is a lot from a borderline hit. Every news outlet and sports radio that I listen to all have different takes. Voting from fans here is mostly split too.

I thought he deserved a game. 3 games in the playoffs is excessive.

Hope Reese gets better though. Tough injury to take as he tries to pave out his NHL career.

Reactions: BernieParent

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
People accuse Pens of tanking in 84? Caps tanked in 2004 for OV.

People bash the Pens of employing Cooke (over 5 years ago)? Wilson has more suspensions this season than Cooke EVER had in one season.

irony.

I keep saying if you look at the trajectory of some of the biggest NHL dirty jackasses through the years, Goony McGoonerson over in Washington is on pace to surpass all of them, chalking up events at a younger age in fewer years... Unless an AHL guy gets called up specifically for meyhem, The NHL typically takes well over a half decade for a POS player to just get on the radar of DPOS to the point they are fining and suspending them... this guy is into major suspensions and he is what, 25?

Reactions: BigEezyE22

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
I see a guy going in for a hit hard which is fine...going for the shoulder...smaller player can see Wilson coming lowers for contact...

Wilson follows through with the hit as you should...first contact shoulder...second contact head...Repeat offender though so I kinda get it? ish

Clean hit for me!

Did you watch the replay? He literally did the opposite.

HomeAndHome

All aboard the Lane train! WooWoo
Mar 10, 2017
London, ON

Clean hit for me!
Right, going for a hard big hit is fine.

Sure we'll say he was aiming for the shoulder.

I disagree that ZAR lowers himself before the hit, he braces and if anything raises up a bit.

This is where I differ and why he was suspended, the initial point of contact may have been the shoulder, also may not have been. But, we can see that the principal point of contact was the head, which explains why it is not a clean hit because the brunt of the force was to the head.

The repeat offender part is why he gets 3 games instead of 1-2.

Reactions: mouser and Riptide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad