Was the hit clean or dirty?

• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
There's no shame in admitting that Caps employ the dirtiest player in the league. However, there is shame in employing him when you constantly defend his actions. The Pens at least sent Cooke to a shrink and publicly supported his long suspensions. Why isn't anyone taking action with wilson? Oh its because Caps think he helps them beat the Pens by injuring them. Good strategy!

I honestly hope Wilson is booted from the league if he keeps this up.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I love how people point out Malkin retailiating... there literally was a strategy for years that was jokingly called whack a malkin, where teams repeatedly cheapshotted him till he retailiated then threw a holy fit about him doing it... So basically force him into a corner then complain when he does exactly what you did to him...

Thats what this NHL does... takes skilled players and drags them down to goon levels preaching horseshit about fighting and honor, while the scum like wilson literally play simply to hurt others.... any skilled guy finally gets fed up and does something to retailiate and its used as a free pass for scum players like wilson to run rampant... Nobody cares when a half dozen players who are lucky to be in the NHL crosscheck Crosby in the head repeatedly and intentionally trying to give him a concussion, but let him ball tap someone once in retailiation and its the end of the world...

You want to clean up the game you start with the dirtiest hitters... and if you are confused who is dirtiest... check the stats... they track these penalties you know...

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
When you take into account the history of Wilson and the injury this is what you get...

Forget all that and its a clean hit with a bad outcome.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
There's no shame in admitting that Caps employ the dirtiest player in the league. However, there is shame in employing him when you constantly defend his actions. The Pens at least sent Cooke to a shrink and publicly supported his long suspensions. Why isn't anyone taking action with wilson? Oh its because Caps think he helps them beat the Pens by injuring them. Good strategy!

I honestly hope Wilson is booted from the league if he keeps this up.
Comparing Wilson to Cooke is asinine.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
It’s actually a very apt comparison in terms of dirtiness, except Cooke was a way better player.
Not a good comparison except to Pens fans who want to feel less dirty. Wilson doesn't do anything except borderline hits that would be OK in past eras.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Not a good comparison except to Pens fans who want to feel less dirty. Wilson doesn't do anything except borderline hits that would be OK in past eras.

Caps employed Hunter for a decade, so let’s talk about him and Cooke then, since they are somehow relevant to Wilson’s goonery.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
borderline hits that were previously legal made up a lot of cookes mo?
Ya but Cooke was a Bryan Marchment level of player. It was the extra stuff that made him an abomination. He did things like stick his skate into Karlssons leg and slice his acl

Wilsons hits aren't close to the same level as Torres even who was a dirty hit goon.

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
I’ve watched Wilson for years. Save the BS about improvement. He can’t handle the puck, isn’t a good shooter, and is an avg at best passer. The Caps depth thinned out and that’s why he was thrown into a top six role.

He leeched off two good players this season and it’s pretty obvious he’s not a talented player that can create his own offense.
Again dumb, I'm sure your being real objective here. That's like saying Knuble leached off Ovie and Backstrom back in the day. Yeah Wilson is a complimentary piece on the 1st line but he's still valued on it. He's been pretty good offensively this playoff which is why I'm sure you left it off of his stats you posted. It doesn't support your argument.

Just because Wilson throws some reckless hits doesn't mean he has no talent. He's worked hard at his craft whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Ya but Cooke was a Bryan Marchment level of player. It was the extra stuff that made him an abomination. He did things like stick his skate into Karlssons leg and slice his acl

Wilsons hits aren't close to the same level as Torres even who was a dirty hit goon.

I don't remember Cooke blowing out anyone's knees or high sticking anyone

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
sr9Zkat.gif
Why does he keep hitting that dog in the shoulder?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Again dumb, I'm sure your being real objective here. That's like saying Knuble leached off Ovie and Backstrom back in the day. Yeah Wilson is a complimentary piece on the 1st line but he's still valued on it. He's been pretty good offensively this playoff which is why I'm sure you left it off of his stats you posted. It doesn't support your argument.

Just because Wilson throws some reckless hits doesn't mean he has no talent. He's worked hard at his craft whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

If you are talking bout honing his craft of head hunting guys, sure.

As for his marginal increase in production, I already attributed that to his leeching off talented players. Pay attention.

Trying to pretend Wilson is a legit top sixer, is like saying Kuhnhackel is a good complimentary piece, while ignoring that Cullen made him look good. Take away the real talent around these guys, and they are who they are, coal miners that need others to make them look decent.

Wilson creates zilch on his own, has bad hands, avg hockey sense, and does nothing particularly well, except head shots, which he has mastered.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
They wanted the Pens to win pretty much. They take out the guy that had the Pens lose their minds. It's the clear the guy did not want aim for the head but he was clumsy in his hit. One game would have been enough.
If this was Wilson's first offense, one game would have been enough. But this is his third suspension of the season. That has to factor in to his punishment. This isn't a one time thing; he keeps on doing it. The punishments will keep getting worse and worse if he doesn't stop. If he really wants to make it clear he isn't aiming for heads, he should stop hitting people in the head. At some point you lose the benefit of the doubt.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
The Caps also employed Cooke so I have no idea why they'd point fingers about him.

Because things and reasons!!!!!! Also the Penguins are crybaby, whining, cheaters, cheapshots, lucky, lotto rigging, tanking and in the pockets of the refs and the league.

It has nothing to do with they saw somebody else post about Cooke and thought it was smart. Or that they don't follow their team close enough to realize that Cooke once played for them. Nope, things and reasons!

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
If the reason the Capitals lose this series is because they didn't have Tom Wilson, then that team has bigger problems.

They didn't lose Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Carlson, or Oshie. They lost Tom ****ing Wilson.
But he's their MVP (Most Valuable Predator)

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
This is Wilson's 3rd suspension of the season. Cooke was never suspended 3 times in one season.
Both threw predatory hits that caused injury.

They are the same player.

Lets take it further than that...

has he been penalized for head hits.. yes
Has he gotten penalized for elbows.. yes
Has he gotten penalized for kneeing.. yes
Has he gotten penalized for boarding... yes
Has he gotten penalized for late hits... yes
Has he gotten instigators... yes

I could go on but the point is he has a long rap sheet of all the stuff cooke did tohurt people ... but some were just majors, fines or warnings... again guys get a ton of benefit of the doubt chances in the nhl ... then they get every call against them...you know... once tgey get the dirty label on them

illpucks

May 26, 2011
This is Wilson's 3rd suspension of the season. Cooke was never suspended 3 times in one season.
Both threw predatory hits that caused injury.

They are the same player.
Not even close to same player. Only a way to make Pens fans feel less dirty. Cooke and Neal were the same too I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad