• Clean

• Dirty

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
At first glance I didn't agree with the suspension. However, after listening to Burke and seeing the back angle I gotta agree with it. Wilson changing shoulders to get an angle towards the head more and the way he explodes upwards (doesn't leave his feet) I think the suspension is right. This was a predatory hit. Yeah, he has to play physical and on the line to be effective, but he doesn't have to murder people.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
At first glance I didn't agree with the suspension. However, after listening to Burke and seeing the back angle I gotta agree with it. Wilson changing shoulders to get an angle towards the head more and the way he explodes upwards (doesn't leave his feet) I think the suspension is right. This was a predatory hit. Yeah, he has to play physical and on the line to be effective, but he doesn't have to murder people.

:biglaugh:

He jumped straight into his own bunch he leapt with so much force.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
3 games is absolutely deserved, in my mind...

The DoPS put out an incredible video explaining the suspension, I'm not sure how anyone can argue it. It seems that they went into more depth with this one than in previous suspension videos. They were so thorough in breaking down and explaining every piece of the footage.

I would wager that a majority of people against the suspension didn't actually watch the video explanation.
The guy should be thanking his lucky stars he only got 3. He's literally had a historically dirty season. :laugh:

Can somebody point me to Mario and the Penguins whining about this hit?

Or are you just spouting borderline conspiratorial nonsense again?
Collusion, intrigue, suspense, Mario, Buttman. PenHL: Making a Murderer Good Hockey Team

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
There was no intent to injure from Wilson....he gets THREE games suspension?? The same suspension as when Kedri tried to kill Wingels last month. This has both hits:

Tom Wilson’s 3-Game Suspension Is Overkill by NHL

They need to get some parity back.

:laugh:

good grief....well, thank god Wingels is back in the lineup after the crippling injuries inflicted by Kadri. It's a miracle he can even walk

#prayersfortommy

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
:biglaugh:

He jumped straight into his own bunch he leapt with so much force.

I believe you misunderstood. He exploded upwards and the impact of the hit brought him off his feet into the bench. When he made contract, he was on his feet and if he missed the hit, I do not believe he would have left his feet at all.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I thought 3 was a bit much but then they said that he is a repeat offender. I think the repeat offenders get the harsher punishments.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I believe you misunderstood. He exploded upwards and the impact of the hit brought him off his feet into the bench. When he made contract, he was on his feet and if he missed the hit, I do not believe he would have left his feet at all.

again, Kerry Frasier , ex NHL ref and long time nemisis of Pens fans everywhere was on the radio this morning and explained that in his day, leaving ones feet in an upward motion, even after contact, was usually called charging... before the 90's this was a common call... the league refs dont call charges anymore and that, in his opinion, has led to all the high hits....

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He, Marchand and Gudas are basically in a league of their own when it comes to dirty, potentially life altering shenanigans. He should be approaching 10 suspensions in his piss poor career thus far.

Reactions: TorstenFrings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad