Post-Game Talk: Willy Styles goes Tralala all over Sweden! LEAFS complete the comeback WIN!!!

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I propose that when someone start the Bert appreciation thread, the title must be, The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That's a great game from the 2nd line, Nylander going God mode, JT turning back the clock and Bertuzzi showing what he's capable of

It's a positive when the 1st line isn't going but we still get enough from the other lines to win important games

Nice to see the defense and goaltending starting to stabilize as well, it's exciting at times but you get the feeling the boys are starting to figure it out

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
That looked like an awesome atmosphere there.
It sure was. I haven’t seen the broadcasted game yet, so I am not sure what it sounded like to you guys. Being there in the building, it sounded like us Leafs fans were in the majority. The ”Go Leafs Go!” chant sounded loud pretty often.

Lot’s of Sundin jerseys in the crowd tonight, myself included. My Son rocked his Matthews jersey, so the generational factor was pretty obvious.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
New guy rubbing out Holl for the game winner. Haha

3 game win streak is light work for these guys

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Knies is killing matthews-marner line just like when he was tried there in the playoffs. He's not ready to go up against the leagues top defences
Wait, wasn't Bertuzzi doing the same earlier? And wasn't Knies fantastic for that line last week?

Ebbs and flows. Marner and Matthews are pretty difficult to play with. They only pass to one another and don't really like the forechecking/cycle/puck-retrieval/down-low game. Knies needs to play like Hyman and basically go to the net and get garbage - but he's more skilled and needs to adjust.

You can see why Bertuzzi works well with Tavares though, because he plays that style well. Tavares is excellent at adjusting to his linemate styles and he plays a very simple game. He's not a high-skill, fancy, highlight reel player but players seem to hit career highs when playing on his line.

I'm surprised Keefe hasn't switched the lines but then again, Auston & MItch have a five-point-night potential all the time. When they get hot (more often than not) they can produce with anyone on the left wing.

I like Knies there. He'll adjust. He's a very skilled player, very smart, strong, he's so young and it will take him time. If he's not hurting the line defensively, I wouldn't worry. He's best suited to top six than bottom six. And that Robertson-Domi-Jarnkrok line looks pretty good!

Marner's been awful this year - yet, he's so gifted offensively that he'll always rack up huge points and capable of that one play to make a difference. When he gets hot, and he will, the sentiment around him will change quickly.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Good game by the fourth line and defence. Solid netminding by Samsonov despite the second goal. But this game belonged to Nylander and the second line. Nylander took over the game and willed the team to victory. That’s the type of game we want from Matthews more often and especially in the playoffs. This was Bertuzzi’s best game and the Bert we thought we were getting.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Today they look like a good team, confident, strong with some areas of concern. You couldn't have a second line work any harder than we did today.
Never doubted they could pull this game out.
Robertson needs to stay and play.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Marner and Matthews are actually fine. Marner made a sick pass to Nylander on the PP.

The issue is their chemistry is maxed out and the league has caught up to their bag of tricks.

It's time to split them up.

I personally think Nylander-Marner would make the best duo on the team. Let Matthews QB his own line.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Great come back win from a 2-0 deficit late in the 3rd period.

Thank you Bertuzzi, Nylander, and Taveras for stepping up.

Matthews and Marner better step up on Sunday !!!

Reactions: arso40

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
It sure was. I haven’t seen the broadcasted game yet, so I am not sure what it sounded like to you guys. Being there in the building, it sounded like us Leafs fans were in the majority. The ”Go Leafs Go!” chant sounded loud pretty often.

Lot’s of Sundin jerseys in the crowd tonight, myself included. My Son rocked his Matthews jersey, so the generational factor was pretty obvious.
That’s awesome. The crowd came across as really into it on tv.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad