Post-Game Talk: Willy Styles goes Tralala all over Sweden! LEAFS complete the comeback WIN!!!

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Anyone notice on the penalty shot how Lalonde signalled to the refs that there was a glove on puck? They'll just take his word for it?

Very shady.

Reactions: Leterman

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Lagesson led the team at 5v5 expected goals% according to Moneypuck, but with only 14.03 TOI. Gio was 4th on the team with a TOI of 21:13 (and a similarly high e/g%). Were I Keefe, I'd slowly try to increase Lagesson's amount of time on ice to simply spare some of the wear and tear on Gio. It's early days, but I've been impressed with Lagesson's play and while I love me some Gio, the man's body can't take these high minute games and be counted on in the playoffs.

Kudos to JT for a 62.42% at the dot. The rest of the team's Cs are not having a great year. This includes Matthews at just 50%. Kamph, at 45%, needs to pick it up.

Sammy, last two games, 9.35%. Come on kid.
How many goals did he actually get?

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Lmao I find it so fitting too.. the Detroit dman that takes the hit from bertuzzi and coughs up the puck on the game winner.. none other than Justin Holl! Seen that before haha
But...but Holl was plus 8 a week ago...:sarcasm:

Reactions: LeafSteel

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
He scored that many goals.

Who the fack is 'he'? Put some effort into your criticism. Please.
My criticism is about the nonsense stat of expected goals.
if as you say Lagesson (the guy you were talking about, who else would ”he” be? If led the team in expected goals but not in actual goals it is a nonsense stat

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
My criticism is about the nonsense stat of expected goals.
if as you say Lagesson (the guy you were talking about, who else would ”he” be? If led the team in expected goals but not in actual goals it is a nonsense stat

5v5 expected goals%

:D joke stat, btw it's 5v5 expected goals above average replacement or something like that, not even people using it bother with understanding it :D

Reactions: hotpaws

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
This is one of the concerns I expressed the other day. The same will hold true for the Minnesota game. The Leafs can beat these kinds of teams without having to play very hard, but sometimes getting by on skill alone isn't the best thing.
You go it, hit the nail on the head. When you have elite talent like a McDavid, Matthews, Marner, its easy allow them to be just run and gun individual game winners. Coaches like Sather dont get enough respect for managing so many future Hall of Famers, convincing them to be a team and not hero's. This team needs a Coach Q or a coach who can actually establish a winnable system. Keefe is out of his element.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You go it, hit the nail on the head. When you have elite talent like a McDavid, Matthews, Marner, its easy allow them to be just run and gun individual game winners. Coaches like Sather dont get enough respect for managing so many future Hall of Famers, convincing them to be a team and not hero's. This team needs a Coach Q or a coach who can actually establish a winnable system. Keefe is out of his element.
This is my biggest concern with this team. I am convinced it is usually the reason for why the often fall behind in the first period of games against mediocre teams. It rarely happens against strong teams, and I think the reason is that in the latter case they know it won't be as easy to float through a couple of periods and then score however many goals they need to in order to win (and sometimes it doesn't work against mediocre teams, as evidenced by the Ottawa game a couple of weeks ago). Whether it's a coaching issue or a player issue, I don't know. But I know with certainty that getting by on talent alone rarely works. It has to be paired with an intolerance for losing. It's that combination of attributes that separates the winners from the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators of the 2000's. Two highly skilled teams who never won anything because their attitudes didn't match their talent.

Reactions: Hellcat

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Felt like putting this one closer to top too so the full effect of his Sweden trip is in sight
Good job.

When Treliving logs into his burner account soon, seeing these two threads side by side will be the final push to cash money Nylander.

Reactions: arso40

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This is my biggest concern with this team. I am convinced it is usually the reason for why the often fall behind in the first period of games against mediocre teams. It rarely happens against strong teams, and I think the reason is that in the latter case they know it won't be as easy to float through a couple of periods and then score however many goals they need to in order to win (and sometimes it doesn't work against mediocre teams, as evidenced by the Ottawa game a couple of weeks ago). Whether it's a coaching issue or a player issue, I don't know. But I know with certainty that getting by on talent alone rarely works. It has to be paired with an intolerance for losing. It's that combination of attributes that separates the winners from the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators of the 2000's. Two highly skilled teams who never won anything because their attitudes didn't match their talent.

Those teams went to Stanley Cup finals, so basically you believe their attitudes only came to haunt them in the final series?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Those teams went to Stanley Cup finals, so basically you believe their attitudes only came to haunt them in the final series?
No, those teams were so talented that they were able to get through earlier rounds (in some years) because of the talent imbalance. But they were missing the ability to work through adversity.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00