Post-Game Talk: Willy Styles goes Tralala all over Sweden! LEAFS complete the comeback WIN!!!

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Nice to see Domi and Bertuzzi getting a chance to settle in and show their value.

Very impressed by Benoit and Lagesson. Quietly competent and competitive. We needed help from the Marlies to step up and they have.

Hoping Robertson continues to build his confidence and put his NHL game together with less pressure and facing softer competition on the 3rd line.

Marner’s season will turn around when Keefe wakes up and takes him off of Matthews line 5v5. Keefe is just slow and will only do it if his back is to the wall.

Still trying to figure out Samsonov, and hoping he figures it out too.

Loved seeing the Salming love on full display. Still such a huge and surreal loss..

8:00 AM Sunday morning??! <bleep bleeeeep bleeep censored bleep>

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Today they look like a good team, confident, strong with some areas of concern. You couldn't have a second line work any harder than we did today.
Never doubted they could pull this game out.
Robertson needs to stay and play.
This is a stretch of games when - finally - Robertson looks like an NHL player. And he’s got a lot more upside. He reminds me of a Bratt/Debrincat type - once he figures out what he can get away with and not, at this level, he can be really effective

Last edited:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
For a 3rd rdr his dad was a very very solid player. Willie is even more skilled. Both are consummate business men. The world/NHL has changed.

His dad was very coveted before he came into the league. Back then most Europeans usually resorted to latter rounds

His dad was very much like Peter Nedved. Even when they played well, you knew there was another gear. But that gear never came

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
We really have to do something about the too many men on the ice penalties. I don’t know if it’s the players or the coaching staff We now have a league leading 6.

Another concern is their penchant to overpass and pass the puck into the net. Simplify and shoot more.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
That's a great game from the 2nd line, Nylander going God mode, JT turning back the clock and Bertuzzi showing what he's capable of

It's a positive when the 1st line isn't going but we still get enough from the other lines to win important games

Nice to see the defense and goaltending starting to stabilize as well, it's exciting at times but you get the feeling the boys are starting to figure it out
Just wish they were going seems like they really haven’t been this season

Knies is killing matthews-marner line just like when he was tried there in the playoffs. He's not ready to go up against the leagues top defences
Try Robertson there

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
I swear that the majority of the fans on this board like losing more than they like winning. It's amazing to me that people can watch one of the best teams in the league and still find reasons to be negative.

You think this is one of the best teams in the league???? they played trashed for 2+ periods... 1st period they couldn't complete a pass lol

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Lagesson led the team at 5v5 expected goals% according to Moneypuck, but with only 14.03 TOI. Gio was 4th on the team with a TOI of 21:13 (and a similarly high e/g%). Were I Keefe, I'd slowly try to increase Lagesson's amount of time on ice to simply spare some of the wear and tear on Gio. It's early days, but I've been impressed with Lagesson's play and while I love me some Gio, the man's body can't take these high minute games and be counted on in the playoffs.

Kudos to JT for a 62.42% at the dot. The rest of the team's Cs are not having a great year. This includes Matthews at just 50%. Kamph, at 45%, needs to pick it up.

Sammy, last two games, 9.35%. Come on kid.

Reactions: Al14 and PROUD PAPA

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You think this is one of the best teams in the league???? they played trashed for 2+ periods... 1st period they couldn't complete a pass lol
When they continue to win game after game, will you still complain about individual periods? It's amazing that so many people care about the parts of a game than the results of the game. Do you know what the biggest problem is with games against teams like Detroit and Minnesota? The Leafs know that they can rope a dope for a couple of periods and still come back and win. The problem is that most of the Eastern conference is garbage, They need more games against Boston, Jersey (when healthy), Carolina and the Rangers. These games against mediocre teams are pointless because Toronto doesn't have to work for the victories. Today's game was literally the perfect example of this. The Leafs won because they decided to care for 20 minutes. I wish they had lost, because it would have been a better long-term lesson than the two points.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3