Willy #19 - Who gets the larger piece of the Toblerone bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
god, you guys are still insufferable. good to see that nothing has really changed.

"i DoNt UnDerStAnD wHy He WoUlDnT wAnNa SiGn RiGhT nOw??????"

well, idk, maybe because people have treated him like shit? have verbally abused him? have dragged his name through the mud and slandered his family? who would wanna play for any of you?

eta: thats, at least, how i would feel like if i was him.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
god, you guys are still insufferable. good to see that nothing has really changed.

well, idk, maybe because people have treated him like ****? have verbally abused him? have dragged his name through the mud and slandered his family? who would wanna play for any of you?

Who exactly?

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

well, idk, maybe because people have treated him like ****? have verbally abused him? have dragged his name through the mud and slandered his family? who would wanna play for any of you?

Lol what? I'm sure Willy spends all his free time on HF, and hasn't signed yet because some people on the internet are calling him mean names.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Who exactly?
well it isn't the Me-Willie crowd on here that's for sure , lol

anyway i doubt this has much to do with the continued stalemate , hopefully Dube's little book contains more than just random thoughts that came to him while he was dropping a deuce on the toilet since he game plan of low balling him and waiting Willie out doesn't seem to be working

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Maybe I'm looking into this too deeply, but up until now, I've seen Photos of Nylander practicing in Leafs gear... is this this first time he elected not to wear Leafs gear...? Maybe he has no plans on budging and realizes his Leafs days are numbered??
He has a Maple Leaf on his helmet.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer

how do you know anyone has done that.

you can't be referring to social media...as that isn't real life. that is just internet trolls.

i don't think willy gives a rats arse about internet trolls and what they spew on social media.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015

“Oh... won’t anybody think of the utterly elite millionaire athletes before they type mere words on obscure internet message boards?”

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007

Boo hoo. He's a hockey player. Get out there and play hockey!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
That seems kind of weird. Having a player or agent ask around the league if their team would take him?

Not really

You just tell Gross if he can find someone willing to pay Nylander what he wants to get them to call the Leafs and we'll try to work out a trade with them

It's a "if your going to be a pain in the ass you can do the work yourself" move

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
why do you think he is training with an Austrian team? think about it, it is the most non-threatening league in Europe for the T.O media to catch onto and run wild with speculation. If he were seriously thinking about not coming back to N.A he's be with a Swedish team or a KHL team.
i think he is in Austria watching his sister in a tennis tourney, i could be wrong

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012

Wait, wait, wait...I'm one of many people on this board who continue to argue to bring in Nylander and have him remain a Maple Leaf for a very long time. I'm not in the minority and I'm one of many who continue to note his value opposite to the numerous, insufferable Brett Pesce proposals that see William Nylander for the very talented player and desirable piece for our club that he is.

The accusation is "treated him like ****"? By appealing to sign for less millions noting the opportunity to compensate that loss of millions through endorsement deals and future opportunities to sign many more millions when the appropriate time arises, customary with most star NHL traditional contract routes?

And "have verbally abused him?" With an essentially staff controlled (i.e. albeit of one perhaps) Twitter account and sports psychologists on the ready, media training in hand, it's as though you're attempting to characterize Nylander as an isolated and bullied 13-year old over image and relationship issues. This is a well-trained, well-sourced professional athlete who knows more about his identity and strength of character than you'll likely ever have to be tested to determine. What absolute nonsense.

And "have dragged his name through the mud and slandered his family"? That's babble too. A fanbase such as Toronto's - worldwide mind you - is given to cite his father on contextual related concerns, but implying and impugning the entire fan base as having behaved this way towards William and his (implied, entire) family, is just degenerative wishful thinking.

And it's rejected wishful thinking, thank you very much.

Reactions: johnny_rudeboy

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

If Nylander is reading posts on here he Has far to much time on his hands. No one slandered his family as truth is not slander. His father was a pain in the ass when it came to contracts as well as he was not a well like team mates. Willy is well liked by his team mates.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Not really

You just tell Gross if he can find someone willing to pay Nylander what he wants to get them to call the Leafs and we'll try to work out a trade with them
there's been many reports teams have called and asked about his availability and since they can and probably did speak to his agent before they called Dubas it doesn't seem like it would be a problem for many teams to agree on a contract with him

kindalaidback

숨 참고 LOVE DIVE
Nov 24, 2017
NYC
Lol what? I'm sure Willy spends all his free time on HF, and hasn't signed yet because some people on the internet are calling him mean names.
you don't think he reads the stuff people write about him on social media, on twitter? matthews said that fans dm him when he has a bad game. don't you think that hasn't happened to nylander? if it's true that he is worried about being traded (dubas said they're not interested in trading him), then it's because the media has talked about trading him for a defenseman for the past two years.

and i added that it would be my reason for not signing if i was him. my take on why he hasn't signed yet because i don't believe it's about not getting 8m. but even if my take isn't true, insulting him and calling him names it's still a shitty thing to do. i dont get why the majority of you (not only on hf boards) think it's ok to do it. and it has nothing to do with being a passionate fan that cares about their team, it's just about being an asshole.

and if some of you think that's fair game [calling him names], then i feel kinda sad for you.

Reactions: freshwind

RAM

Feb 16, 2015
well it isn't the Me-Willie crowd on here that's for sure , lol

anyway i doubt this has much to do with the continued stalemate , hopefully Dube's little book contains more than just random thoughts that came to him while he was dropping a deuce on the toilet since he game plan of low balling him and waiting Willie out doesn't seem to be working
No one knows what was offered so we do not know if he was low balling him or not. From all the speculation what is being offered is 6million + per season that is not a low ball offer that is full price on the closest comparables

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
We should sign Nylander to a bridge deal and make him the 3rd line center. If he's as good as he thinks he is, he should be able to drive that line and put up points without Matthews. The Kadri line hasn't really been working well and this will allow Kadri to have more icetime and play in a more shutdown/matchup role with a scoring threat with Tavares... which is where he is best. If Nylander can put up big numbers centering that 3rd line on his bridge deal... then he gets paid big for his next contract. So this will give him a chance to show everyone what he can do. Kapanen is a competent RW and the guys who could play on his LW would be pretty good too.

____ - Matthews - Marner
Kadri - Tavares - Hyman
_____ - Nylander - Kapanen
_____ - Goat/Lindholm - Brown

Slot in Marleau, Leivo, Johnsson, Ennis, or Lindholm into the blank LW spots.
Why are people obsessing with the production of the 3rd line - who cares about their production or the 4th line for that matter - their primary job should be to keep the other team from scoring. This team is all about AM MM JT and WN and they need to be stacked on two lines.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
there's been many reports teams have called and asked about his availability and since they can and probably did speak to his agent before they called Dubas it doesn't seem like it would be a problem for many teams to agree on a contract with him

I'm not entirely sure on that, I'd imagine a lot of those teams making enquiries haven't gone that far down the road, I'd think it's just a check to see how things are going just in case it gets toxic and he becomes available

I wouldn't bother with the agent and potential money demands until Nylander is "on the market" so to speak

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
No one knows what was offered so we do not know if he was low balling him or not. From all the speculation what is being offered is 6million + per season that is not a low ball offer that is full price on the closest comparables
Kyper said he heard we offered just over 4m x 4yrs , others keep speculating 6per but without knowing what the term is 6m per could go from an overpayment -6m x 2yrs to a lowball -6m x 7/8yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad