Willy #19 - Who gets the larger piece of the Toblerone bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
come on willy sign already!!!

1) Swiss Chocolates

2) Swiss Cheese

and a brand new contract to be stashed in the

3) Swiss Bank

Lets do the Trifecta AND

Lets throw out the Swiss Knife (lewis gross)

Reactions: Scorched Earth

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Dubas holds ALLLLLLL the cards.

For UFA, Nylander either needs 7 seasons or to be age 27. I think Nylander could have 7 accrued seasons by age 26, so sitting out a year will push his UFA status back to age 27.

For arbitration, Nylander needs four professional seasons. Since he only has three, if he sits out one year he will not have arbitration rights next offseason either.

He sits. He doesn't gain new rights, he doesn't get arbitration sooner. Everything just resets as if it was at the end of last season all over again. Except Nylander is a year older, has a year less of pro hockey in him to play before he is too old, and he makes ZERO money in the NHL for 2018/19. From the player's perspective, it is a worst case scenario.

And, oh yes, the Leafs send one helluva strong message to Marner and Matthews and their agents.
And as Nylander knows this, he will cave by November 27 and sign a deal by then.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
ToneDog said:
Flights from Zurich arrive between 3:30 and 4:40 pm. Maybe somebody can hang out at Pearson starting tomorrow afternoon and let everybody know whether Willie accompanied Dubbie back.

There's nothing direct from Zurich to Pearson tomorrow, maybe Dubas took the Leafs jet. We're on a homestand it's not needed

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dubas holds ALLLLLLL the cards.

For UFA, Nylander either needs 7 seasons or to be age 27. I think Nylander could have 7 accrued seasons by age 26, so sitting out a year will push his UFA status back to age 27.

For arbitration, Nylander needs four professional seasons. Since he only has three, if he sits out one year he will not have arbitration rights next offseason either.

He sits. He doesn't gain new rights, he doesn't get arbitration sooner. Everything just resets as if it was at the end of last season all over again. Except Nylander is a year older, has a year less of pro hockey in him to play before he is too old, and he makes ZERO money in the NHL for 2018/19. From the player's perspective, it is a worst case scenario.

And, oh yes, the Leafs send one helluva strong message to Marner and Matthews and their agents.
And as Nylander knows this, he will cave by November 27 and sign a deal by then.

His first year doesn't count as he wasn't on the roster for 40 games so he's 5 years away from UFA. If he sits it still goes down to 4 because of the age 27 part, so he gets that regardless but loses his pay this year which he won't do.

Reactions: LeafsHome

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Was hoping around the 10th of these that it wouldn't get to 20...seems unlikely to avoid that now :laugh:.

If nothing comes relatively quickly from this 'summit' then yeah I'll just expect to wait until the end of November for Nylander to just crack and sign the deal.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
There's nothing direct from Zurich to Pearson tomorrow, maybe Dubas took the Leafs jet. We're on a homestand it's not needed
I don't think the Leafs have a "jet" per say. I believe they contract Air Canada. Wait MLSE prob owns a few lear jets.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I don't think the Leafs have a "jet" per say. I believe they contract Air Canada. Wait MLSE prob owns a few lear jets.

There was N512JT that was tracked to and from Detroit back when the Leafs got Babcock. Might be an MLSE airplane since it has all the teams logos on the side. Not sure if they still own it, they've prevented the public from tracking it since then.

Also the JT in that jet's registration totally was foreshadowing Tavares coming home.

Reactions: JohnnyT91

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
There was N512JT that was tracked to and from Detroit back when the Leafs got Babcock. Might be an MLSE airplane since it has all the teams logos on the side. Not sure if they still own it, they've prevented the public from tracking it since then.

Also the JT in that jet's registration totally was foreshadowing Tavares coming home.
N512JT (2010 GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE GV-SP (G550) owned by BANK OF UTAH TRUSTEE) Aircraft Registration ✈ FlightAware its coo we can look up the plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad