Willy #19 - Who gets the larger piece of the Toblerone bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Well why haven’t all these teams made a trade with the leafs or tendered an offer sheet. Maybe all these teams realize nylander isn’t worth the amount he is looking for either in a trade or said offer sheet. If it isn’t a problem as you say where is the contract with the new teams.
are you okay ? you seem to have a lot of pent up anger

i never mentioned an offer sheet so why bring that up ?

it's been reported by many insiders (take that for what it worth) teams have called to see if he's available and if that's true why is it so hard to believe they wouldn't have spoken with Willie's agent first and deemed his ask to be palatable ? and maybe as Dubas has said multiple times he isn't looking to trade Willie and that's why he hasn't been dealt or maybe he wants a higher value even though it doesn't seem he values him enough to pay what he's asking for or simply can't afford to0 , why is this so hard for you to believe ?

this obsession our board has with defending every action there sacred cow GM's dois unbelievable , first it was Burke and now it's Dubas

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
there's been many reports teams have called and asked about his availability and since they can and probably did speak to his agent before they called Dubas it doesn't seem like it would be a problem for many teams to agree on a contract with him
they don't get him for free

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
As a Swede I can't help feeling embarrased by the way he acts.

He has the chance to play for a true top team in the league and winning the cup, a chance few players actually get during their carreers. Instead of taking that chance he argues over $1-2 millions... What f***ing difference does it make? He'll make enough money to live a life few others can anyway.

I do believe most players, who's not a complete Pejorative Slur, would rather take a cut and win the cup than some extra cash.

Trade him, he is obviously stupid.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
If those Labrun comments are true it sounds like they are too far apart, unwilling to budge and Nylanders camp is passive aggressively forcing a trade.

Problem is who could we get for an unsigned RFA that has put up his numbers? Is a sign and trade even possible with anyone.

More likely he sits a year, I don't think we could recoup his value in a trade right now.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
are you okay ? you seem to have a lot of pent up anger

i never mentioned an offer sheet so why bring that up ?

it's been reported by many insiders (take that for what it worth) teams have called to see if he's available and if that's true why is it so hard to believe they wouldn't have spoken with Willie's agent first and deemed his ask to be palatable ? and maybe as Dubas has said multiple times he isn't looking to trade Willie and that's why he hasn't been dealt or maybe he wants a higher value even though it doesn't seem he values him enough to pay what he's asking for or simply can't afford to0 , why is this so hard for you to believe ?

this obsession our board has with defending every action there sacred cow GM's dois unbelievable , first it was Burke and now it's Dubas
Notable quotes:
“William Nylander is not worth what William Nylander thinks he’s worth,” said an executive from the Western Conference.
“The Leafs are right,” said an Eastern Conference executive. “There is no way any team in the NHL is going to pay Nylander $8 million.”
“At $6.5 million, I don’t think he’d be underpaid,” said the second executive from the East.

What Willy is asking is common knowledge because Willy is allowed to speak to other teams.
I think you need to apologize to the forum. It seems you are the one who defends all of Willy's actions
William Nylander’s bargaining power with Leafs on thin ice, rival executives say | The Star

Reactions: Lauro

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
You've got to wonder about the brains part though, if you don't want to be shipped out of town I can't think of any better way you could make that happen than this
do you think its possible Willie can be a 90 point player 6 out of the next 8 years?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If those Labrun comments are true it sounds like they are too far apart, unwilling to budge and Nylanders camp is passive aggressively forcing a trade.

Problem is who could we get for an unsigned RFA that has put up his numbers? Is a sign and trade even possible with anyone.

More likely he sits a year, I don't think we could recoup his value in a trade right now.

If that's true it's time to debase him of that opinion

He doesn't get what he wants, he either signs something decent and fair to all sides or he sits indefinitely, if he wants to end his N/A career for the next half decade so be it

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I think maybe Dubas wants to pay Willie for what he is as of now (60 point guy) and Willie wants to be paid for the guy 2/3 years from now (90 point guy) ... im bored, so tossing stuff out there

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Notable quotes:
“William Nylander is not worth what William Nylander thinks he’s worth,” said an executive from the Western Conference.
“The Leafs are right,” said an Eastern Conference executive. “There is no way any team in the NHL is going to pay Nylander $8 million.”
“At $6.5 million, I don’t think he’d be underpaid,” said the second executive from the East.

What Willy is asking is common knowledge because Willy is allowed to speak to other teams.
I think you need to apologize to the forum. It seems you are the one who defends all of Willy's actions
William Nylander’s bargaining power with Leafs on thin ice, rival executives say | The Star
I'm glad all 4 league executives think the Leafs are doing the right thing. What I love is the quote from one league exec "Lots of people are blaming the agent, the father. The kid is 22. He should be able to figure it out".

Yes, Willy....You are 22. Figure it out FFS

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
As a Swede I can't help feeling embarrased by the way he acts.

He has the chance to play for a true top team in the league and winning the cup, a chance few players actually get during their carreers. Instead of taking that chance he argues over $1-2 millions... What ****ing difference does it make? He'll make enough money to live a life few others can anyway.

I do believe most players, who's not a complete ******, would rather take a cut and win the cup than some extra cash.

Trade him, he is obviously stupid.

If its 1-2 million times 8 years, thats a lot of money and nothing to sneeze at

Im sure that he also wants assurances that if he signs a team friendly deal he isnt going to get traded to a bottom feeder to make cap room before the Leafs win a Cup

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
you dont get it ... carry on

What you wrote was completely pointless, nobody sane is paying Nylander like a 90 point player as an RFA until he actually does it, and no I don't think he hits 90 points 6 of 8 years, I'd have doubts he hits it once

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Nylander will not get whatever he's asking for for a variety of reasons. Dubas has to send a message here. He's got his research and development department that has no doubt calculated the expected offence of a 22-year-old right-winger playing first-line minutes and has assigned a dollar value to it.
And Dubas can't be seen in his first contentious contract negotiation as soft. If Dubas pays "more" to Nylander, he'll be paying "more" to Matthews and Marner. In a salary-cap world, that's a bad idea.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
What you wrote was completely pointless, nobody sane is paying Nylander like a 90 point player as an RFA until he actually does it, and no I don't think he hits 90 points 6 of 8 years, I'd have doubts he hits it once

has Rielly out grown his contract, 5 mil AAV, he has what 3 years left on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->