Willie Desjardins must be launched into the Sun

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
To do what?

Look at what you just typed FFS, you literally have it there..... Blake thought the team was good? I wouldn't go that far, I think he believed the holes were on offense....that the defense was good....everyone in the league thought that......and that the offense needed a boost.

Spending 6M on cap and not giving up a 1st or 2nd, or a JAD or Vilardi to acquire scoring, THATS restraint...now you are just trying to be obtuse.....

After 2017-2018 where your defense was the best in the league and your offense was not....what exactly would you want him to do?

He kept everyone and added another older player to the offense. He apparently thought he had the best defense in the league and an offense that needed more help. That means he thought he had a good team, no? If he thought he had a bad team, he wouldn't have just added Kovalchuk and kept all the bad, right?

Restraint by not giving up prospects and picks. Cool. What a genius. I do thank the heavens that he didn't get his Patches deal done.

What do I want him to do after 2017-18? Correctly assess the roster and plan accordingly. It's his job to know this. Next you are going to tell me that scouts and GMs shouldn't be held accountable for drafting poorly because "How would they know if a guy would bust or not?!?!"

There was four years of post-Cup tape on these guys heading in to this off-season. Blake has been here for all of it anyways. There is also the fact that Father Time wins in the end.

If even the most optimistic of posters on here are saying before the season, even with Kovalchuk, that they could finish anywhere from first to last, then one should be looking at rebuilding. The first to last thing wasn't just because maybe someone gets hurt either: it is because there isn't any consistency from even the core since 2014 coupled with a complete lack of a supporting cast.

It's okay to say Blake has been bad so far. It actually might be good for him if he happens to fall ass-backwards into Hughes as him and Vilardi being impactful players next season is the only way a retool could see traction. It's just laughable right now because tanking is the right move: he just wasn't trying to tank whatsoever.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Agree on your first bullet point,
Kovalchuk isn't just sloppy D...that would be an upgrade...it's no D and lately no work ethic no hustle....
Huge difference between LaDue and Kovalchuk just as with LaDue and Phaneuf, you aren't going to ruin Kovalchuks confidence because one game he played 6:20 or Phaneuf's because he sat for a youngster etc.

These are fair arguments, although we just disagree. I think they all just build up to mixed messages.

And it further reinforces my concern of Blake lacking an identity. He wants more offense, but hires a coach with a history of balancing minutes (which I actually agree with). That coach then plays Kopitar massive minutes, just like Stevens used to, and plays Kovalchuk grinder minutes for not playing defense.

I get WD wants to win games, but what made the Kings so successful was how Sutter reinforced the identity Lombardi wanted. Blake and WD seem very out of sync.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
He kept everyone and added another older player to the offense. He apparently thought he had the best defense in the league and an offense that needed more help. That means he thought he had a good team, no? If he thought he had a bad team, he wouldn't have just added Kovalchuk and kept all the bad, right?

Restraint by not giving up prospects and picks. Cool. What a genius. I do thank the heavens that he didn't get his Patches deal done.

What do I want him to do after 2017-18? Correctly assess the roster and plan accordingly. It's his job to know this. Next you are going to tell me that scouts and GMs shouldn't be held accountable for drafting poorly because "How would they know if a guy would bust or not?!?!"

There was four years of post-Cup tape on these guys heading in to this off-season. Blake has been here for all of it anyways. There is also the fact that Father Time wins in the end.

If even the most optimistic of posters on here are saying before the season, even with Kovalchuk, that they could finish anywhere from first to last, then one should be looking at rebuilding. The first to last thing wasn't just because maybe someone gets hurt either: it is because there isn't any consistency from even the core since 2014 coupled with a complete lack of a supporting cast.

It's okay to say Blake has been bad so far. It actually might be good for him if he happens to fall ass-backwards into Hughes as him and Vilardi being impactful players next season is the only way a retool could see traction. It's just laughable right now because tanking is the right move: he just wasn't trying to tank whatsoever.
Blake has been bad so far. It will be a tragedy if this team performs well enough the rest of the way to miss out on a top 1-4 pick in a "who cares (the players certainly don't)" season.

The long time fans of the Kings deserve the excitement that comes with a high pick. It would be awesome if for the first time in their history the Kings get the first pick overall. I just hope the day after the season a whole new management team is responsible for making the pick, but that is probably being too greedy.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Let’s pretend for a hot second that Moustachio is correct and that Kovalchuk, despite being nearly PPG his entire career, is a huge liability on defense. Who actually believes that he’s going to change his game at age 35 because an interim coach is shafting him?

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Let’s pretend for a hot second that Moustachio is correct and that Kovalchuk, despite being nearly PPG his entire career, is a huge liability on defense. Who actually believes that he’s going to change his game at age 35 because an interim coach is shafting him?

thats the real question, and it makes me wonder whats going on in Blake's head. why would he make a huge push for Kovi, be fortunate enough to sign him, and then be okay with a coach playing him for 6-7 minutes a game? Blake/Stevens specifically talked about Kovi getting PP time because thats where he really shines and yet WD barely gives him any ice time let alone PP time. why didnt he (Blake*) go for AV instead of this turd of a coach? nothing makes sense

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Why would Blake and Robitaille make a huge push for Kovalchuk, then be okay with a coach playing him 6-7 minutes a game? Easy, Blake and Robitaille don't know WTF they are doing.

This is just my conjecture, but I imagine the first part of your post could be because they only thought about where the year finished, which is in the playoffs, instead of taking some time to carefully consider the overall picture of how the season unfolded as a whole.

If all you look at is that the Kings made the playoffs then yeah, it makes sense that a bit of spit and polish can only improve the results. However, if you take out that winning streak to start last season they really struggled with consistency the entire year and they barely squeaked into the playoffs by eating all of the equity they built up by their early season performance.

What we are seeing now (a surprisingly fragile team that lacks confidence and consistency) is probably what was creeping into their game over the years as the older veterans they leaned on in 2012 and 2014 started to leave the club. So the results this year could just be a continuation and culmination of problems that had been building up, but it's just more obvious now because they don't have a piggy bank of points as a cushion as they fall flat on their face.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
thats the real question, and it makes me wonder whats going on in Blake's head. why would he make a huge push for Kovi, be fortunate enough to sign him, and then be okay with a coach playing him for 6-7 minutes a game? Blake/Stevens specifically talked about Kovi getting PP time because thats where he really shines and yet WD barely gives him any ice time let alone PP time. why didnt he (Blake*) go for AV instead of this turd of a coach? nothing makes sense

Who says AV wants to coach the Kings ? I wouldn't if I was AV.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This is just my conjecture, but I imagine the first part of your post could be because they only thought about where the year finished, which is in the playoffs, instead of taking some time to carefully consider the overall picture of how the season unfolded as a whole.

If all you look at is that the Kings made the playoffs then yeah, it makes sense that a bit of spit and polish can only improve the results. However, if you take out that winning streak to start last season they really struggled with consistency the entire year and they barely squeaked into the playoffs by eating all of the equity they built up by their early season performance.

What we are seeing now (a surprisingly fragile team that lacks confidence and consistency) is probably what was creeping into their game over the years as the older veterans they leaned on in 2012 and 2014 started to leave the club. So the results this year could just be a continuation and culmination of problems that had been building up, but it's just more obvious now because they don't have a piggy bank of points as a cushion as they fall flat on their face.
i.e. Robitaille and Blake don't know WTF they are doing.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I don't think Blake expected WD to be like this. I don't think he brought in Kovy to be benched. I don't think he brought in WD to have him roll two lines the same way Stevens did. It's more of the same. I think they were wrong with WD and I think they were dumb as f*** to think he was a good addition..

Adding Kovy was a logical move. I don't question the acquisition

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I don't think Blake expected WD to be like this. I don't think he brought in Kovy to be benched. I don't think he brought in WD to have him roll two lines the same way Stevens did. It's more of the same. I think they were wrong with WD and I think they were dumb as **** to think he was a good addition..

Adding Kovy was a logical move. I don't question the acquisition

Maybe Willie D saw Blake and Stevens talk about bringing him in as a PP weapon and such, and realized they were stone-faced liars, so he went to the interview and was like "oh yeah I TOTALLY roll four lines, full accountability for everyone" before just stealing Stevens' game notes and using those.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Maybe Willie D saw Blake and Stevens talk about bringing him in as a PP weapon and such, and realized they were stone-faced liars, so he went to the interview and was like "oh yeah I TOTALLY roll four lines, full accountability for everyone" before just stealing Stevens' game notes and using those.

It's all likely at this point lol. But yeah, I do strongly believe they didn't expect him to be a lot like Stevens

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
To do what?

Look at what you just typed FFS, you literally have it there..... Blake thought the team was good? I wouldn't go that far, I think he believed the holes were on offense....that the defense was good....everyone in the league thought that......and that the offense needed a boost.

Spending 6M on cap and not giving up a 1st or 2nd, or a JAD or Vilardi to acquire scoring, THATS restraint...now you are just trying to be obtuse.....

After 2017-2018 where your defense was the best in the league and your offense was not....what exactly would you want him to do?

They have 1 playoff win in 4 seasons, with the same core! Why on Earth would they continue to try and win with this group?

It was clearly time to blow it up.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
The Kings obviously suck but when you sign a guy for 3 years 6.5 million don't you think he should get more ice time than 7-8 minutes? Watching Kovy play is one of the very few interesting things with this team right now and he is getting the middle finger from Willie D. I really hope the Kings get a new coach soon that at least understands how many minutes each player should play. What a waste of money to play Kovalchuk for so little...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
John Stevens sent some pictures from his vacation. As with many tasks undertaken by Luc and Rob, the rocket was fired in the wrong direction.

John says, "Beautiful sunset from my first day on Mars!"

635669645935481072-pia19400-16.jpg

vl1_12a240.gif

Reactions: KingsRule

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
. . . And. . . I'm Baaack! Watching the listless and lethargic lugs who are taking the ice this season in Kings jerseys (and isn't it somehow appropriate that the new third jerseys are gray?) has been difficult, not only because its been mostly boring and downright awful hockey but primarily because its a grim reminder of what I and many, many other old-timers suffered through for years and years at the House that Jack Built over on Manchester and Prairie. (At least you could use the pass gate there during the period breaks to go out to the car and tank up to make it bearable.)

Unfortunately, every longtime King Fan and poster on this board (Hello KING17, Ziggy, Reaper, BigKing, Telos, Herby, johnjm and whoever else I forgot) knew that the deficient duo of Luuuc and Mr. Cha-Ching was a disaster just waiting to unfold and a reversion to the "Old-Boys" type mentality that handcuffed this organ-eye-zation for far too many years. And this has nothing to do with the like-ability of Luc. If he can handle the business side of this enterprise, great. I have my doubts but thats really not the issue here.

The organization has a malaise about it now. You can feel the DL inspired culture melting away and you can see the lethargy set in. Talk to those around the organ-eye-zation, those who cover it and read between the lines. The play on the ice is reflective of something more than a changing game, a lack of speed and an aging lineup. The poor effort isn't a result of injuries or poor chemistry. although lack of conditioning is starting to show(isn't it Anze?)

Putting Blake in charge as a GM was a mistake, but we could all see it was being written on the wall when he became an assistant to DL.

You can second guess on player moves, or the lack thereof, from now til the cries of TANK FOR HUGHES are being shouted even by the newby fans when this season ultimately draws to a close. But just as Cha-Ching as GM was a bad move the choice of Willie Desjardins was far far worse. There was clear indication that the Kings need a strong hand that can light a fire under their collective and individual butts. Frankly, both our vaunted 1A and 1B centers need some pressbox time to remind them that this is a game of continuous not occasional effort. I don't think we lack the necessary speed, but we certainly are not conditioned to play at that fast speedy rate that many other teams do for 60 or 40 or even 30 minutes a night. (I think it is telling. after Cal Peterson won his first game, against Chicago, and was interviewed afterwards, that in the background, the only player riding the bike in the hallway . . . was none other than Ilya Kovolchuk, and he was pedaling hard.)

I'm not suggesting we go back to Andy Murray style hard practices all the time, to the point of setting records for man-games lost, but this team could use a few (okay more than a few) bag skates. And when that is what's required to energize a team it generally comes not from the players friend type coach (Stevens) or the intelligent system and tweaks coach (Desjardins), it comes from a fire and brimstone Hard as Iron style coach, who will grab this team by the scruff of its neck and whip them into shape. We know that Daryl Sutter isnt going to do the trick any longer because our players tuned him out about halfway through 2015, and coaches of that style have a effectiveness diminishes date that they come with that rarely much longer than 2 years, if that. But I'm o.k. with that. Personally I would have given the job to Iron Mike Keenan, (if he'd take it) and next choice would have been either Hitchcock or Dave Tippett. The idea of anyone as an interim coach leands further support to the conclusion that current management is unsure of what to do and lacks conviction of its own abilities. While questioning ones own decision making is a good thing once in a while, if the heads of this team, or any team, dont know which direction to go. how the hell is the team supposed to know.

At this point, the team and certain players are rudderless. I hand it to Brown and Clifford for their professionalism and continued efforts. It is immensely difficult to give it your all if players around you aren't serious or just dont care, and judging from what we all can see on the ice, it is either that or a silent rebellion. Whatever it is, core players particularly Kopitar, Carter, Tofolli and even Doughty need to be called out: and it is not too drastic to rip the "C" off Kopitar's jersey and give it to Clifford, to whom there is no question as to his effort or willingness to battle night in and night out. But of course that would require a GM who had a firm grasp of this team and a understanding of what needs to be done, combined with the conviction and confidence in his own abilities and decision making to follow through on his decisions. Yet what is clear, crystal clear to many, even if due to their proximity to management and the team itself, they cant say it, is that we don't have management that knows what the hell they are doing. They are currently faced with something they were never taught how to handle, and lacking the innate natural abilities necessary to lead a professional hockey organ-eye-zation, they cant figure it out for themselves either.

We are stuck with leaders who cant lead, and before too long it will be an entire team of players who wont follow. It would be easy to say that under those circumstances, why should they? But these are professional athletes whose maximum effort is required night in and night out. It is what they are paid for, results notwithstanding. Where results can be attained without maximum effort, the withheld effort will not be seen as a problem, if it is even seen at all. Where a previously championship caliber team is playing in the basement with no urgency to get out, where the lack of effort is obvious, every half stride, or unfinished or unmade check, every missed pass or shanked shot on an open net, every turn away from crashing the net and every half-hearted backcheck will be viewed under a microscope. A strong willed dictator of a coach may ruffle some feathers, and those feathers damn well need to be ruffled. But such a coach will also have an instant effect on this team, just as Sutter once did. But that decision wasnt made before and it may be too late now. But from a person whose often late himself, I'm fine with better late than never or as I prefer to say: Not too late and certainly never early, I arrive just when I'm needed most.

Already, watching a third of a season of hockey through a microscope lens has becomes tiring and quickly irritating as well. So much so that it brought me back here. (i know you are all pleased to see me! Ha!) But, Far worse for any longtime King fan, it conjures memories, bad bad memories of a hapless hockey franchise where the initial owner's goal was to fill seats, not win championships. His unsuccessful strategy to achieve that result was to bring in aging marquee named players at the twilight of their careers in hopes that transplants from colder more hockey inclined regions would flock to see names they recalled from those player's glory days. It resulted in some of the worst hockey deals ever and the trading away of draft picks and players who would have legendary careers, winning championships and ending up in the HHOF. The players who came here came for the weather and to sample southern California living at the end of their hockey careers. In doing so they quietly let their dreams of winning a championship die forever. We were rudderless and had clueless "old boy" leaders back then (Mcguire and McMaster), and it took a visionary, (a shill no more) to start from the ground up building not just a team but an entire hockey organ-eye-zation, and instilled in the players something unheard of here: a winning culture. He brought us not one but two championships, and but for a vicious Dave Boland cross-check to the head of one of our best players in 2013 and a few personal mis-steps from certain players , not the least of which was the victim of that crosscheck, and we would have likely had even more.

But that builder was cut loose and castaway along with the coach he hired, whom he was too loyal to fire when that coach had ceased to be effective as all iron willed coaches do after a point in this era of soft hearts and touchy feelings. He was replaced by a person he trained but who had none of the abilities he had. What was left was a duo of good ole team boys, (one of whom is the nicest guy around, the other one whose middle name is "Bowlby" ) Yet, being ex players and being nice and/or well liked are not necessary prerequisites for heading a professional sports franchise whereas vision, intelligence, insight and a tried and true plan to build a championship team absolutely are. I'm reasonably certain that I'm not going too far out on a limb to say that the deficient duo currently in charge lack all of those essential qualities.

If real change is to be had, change that makes a difference in the on ice results, it will have to start at the very top.
I will paraphrase what someone once said about the L.A. Raiders, "Unless they can trade for a new ownership group, this team is done."

KingsRule

Jul 1, 2008
SoCal
. . . And. . . I'm Baaack! Watching the listless and lethargic lugs who are taking the ice this season in Kings jerseys (and isn't it somehow appropriate that the new third jerseys are gray?) has been difficult, not only because its been mostly boring and downright awful hockey but primarily because its a grim reminder of what I and many, many other old-timers suffered through for years and years at the House that Jack Built over on Manchester and Prairie. (At least you could use the pass gate there during the period breaks to go out to the car and tank up to make it bearable.)

Unfortunately, every longtime King Fan and poster on this board (Hello KING17, Ziggy, Reaper, BigKing, Telos, Herby, johnjm and whoever else I forgot) knew that the deficient duo of Luuuc and Mr. Cha-Ching was a disaster just waiting to unfold and a reversion to the "Old-Boys" type mentality that handcuffed this organ-eye-zation for far too many years. And this has nothing to do with the like-ability of Luc. If he can handle the business side of this enterprise, great. I have my doubts but thats really not the issue here.

The organization has a malaise about it now. You can feel the DL inspired culture melting away and you can see the lethargy set in. Talk to those around the organ-eye-zation, those who cover it and read between the lines. The play on the ice is reflective of something more than a changing game, a lack of speed and an aging lineup. The poor effort isn't a result of injuries or poor chemistry. although lack of conditioning is starting to show(isn't it Anze?)

Putting Blake in charge as a GM was a mistake, but we could all see it was being written on the wall when he became an assistant to DL.

You can second guess on player moves, or the lack thereof, from now til the cries of TANK FOR HUGHES are being shouted even by the newby fans when this season ultimately draws to a close. But just as Cha-Ching as GM was a bad move the choice of Willie Desjardins was far far worse. There was clear indication that the Kings need a strong hand that can light a fire under their collective and individual butts. Frankly, both our vaunted 1A and 1B centers need some pressbox time to remind them that this is a game of continuous not occasional effort. I don't think we lack the necessary speed, but we certainly are not conditioned to play at that fast speedy rate that many other teams do for 60 or 40 or even 30 minutes a night. (I think it is telling. after Cal Peterson won his first game, against Chicago, and was interviewed afterwards, that in the background, the only player riding the bike in the hallway . . . was none other than Ilya Kovolchuk, and he was pedaling hard.)

I'm not suggesting we go back to Andy Murray style hard practices all the time, to the point of setting records for man-games lost, but this team could use a few (okay more than a few) bag skates. And when that is what's required to energize a team it generally comes not from the players friend type coach (Stevens) or the intelligent system and tweaks coach (Desjardins), it comes from a fire and brimstone Hard as Iron style coach, who will grab this team by the scruff of its neck and whip them into shape. We know that Daryl Sutter isnt going to do the trick any longer because our players tuned him out about halfway through 2015, and coaches of that style have a effectiveness diminishes date that they come with that rarely much longer than 2 years, if that. But I'm o.k. with that. Personally I would have given the job to Iron Mike Keenan, (if he'd take it) and next choice would have been either Hitchcock or Dave Tippett. The idea of anyone as an interim coach leands further support to the conclusion that current management is unsure of what to do and lacks conviction of its own abilities. While questioning ones own decision making is a good thing once in a while, if the heads of this team, or any team, dont know which direction to go. how the hell is the team supposed to know.

At this point, the team and certain players are rudderless. I hand it to Brown and Clifford for their professionalism and continued efforts. It is immensely difficult to give it your all if players around you aren't serious or just dont care, and judging from what we all can see on the ice, it is either that or a silent rebellion. Whatever it is, core players particularly Kopitar, Carter, Tofolli and even Doughty need to be called out: and it is not too drastic to rip the "C" off Kopitar's jersey and give it to Clifford, to whom there is no question as to his effort or willingness to battle night in and night out. But of course that would require a GM who had a firm grasp of this team and a understanding of what needs to be done, combined with the conviction and confidence in his own abilities and decision making to follow through on his decisions. Yet what is clear, crystal clear to many, even if due to their proximity to management and the team itself, they cant say it, is that we don't have management that knows what the hell they are doing. They are currently faced with something they were never taught how to handle, and lacking the innate natural abilities necessary to lead a professional hockey organ-eye-zation, they cant figure it out for themselves either.

We are stuck with leaders who cant lead, and before too long it will be an entire team of players who wont follow. It would be easy to say that under those circumstances, why should they? But these are professional athletes whose maximum effort is required night in and night out. It is what they are paid for, results notwithstanding. Where results can be attained without maximum effort, the withheld effort will not be seen as a problem, if it is even seen at all. Where a previously championship caliber team is playing in the basement with no urgency to get out, where the lack of effort is obvious, every half stride, or unfinished or unmade check, every missed pass or shanked shot on an open net, every turn away from crashing the net and every half-hearted backcheck will be viewed under a microscope. A strong willed dictator of a coach may ruffle some feathers, and those feathers damn well need to be ruffled. But such a coach will also have an instant effect on this team, just as Sutter once did. But that decision wasnt made before and it may be too late now. But from a person whose often late himself, I'm fine with better late than never or as I prefer to say: Not too late and certainly never early, I arrive just when I'm needed most.

Already, watching a third of a season of hockey through a microscope lens has becomes tiring and quickly irritating as well. So much so that it brought me back here. (i know you are all pleased to see me! Ha!) But, Far worse for any longtime King fan, it conjures memories, bad bad memories of a hapless hockey franchise where the initial owner's goal was to fill seats, not win championships. His unsuccessful strategy to achieve that result was to bring in aging marquee named players at the twilight of their careers in hopes that transplants from colder more hockey inclined regions would flock to see names they recalled from those player's glory days. It resulted in some of the worst hockey deals ever and the trading away of draft picks and players who would have legendary careers, winning championships and ending up in the HHOF. The players who came here came for the weather and to sample southern California living at the end of their hockey careers. In doing so they quietly let their dreams of winning a championship die forever. We were rudderless and had clueless "old boy" leaders back then (Mcguire and McMaster), and it took a visionary, (a shill no more) to start from the ground up building not just a team but an entire hockey organ-eye-zation, and instilled in the players something unheard of here: a winning culture. He brought us not one but two championships, and but for a vicious Dave Boland cross-check to the head of one of our best players in 2013 and a few personal mis-steps from certain players , not the least of which was the victim of that crosscheck, and we would have likely had even more.

But that builder was cut loose and castaway along with the coach he hired, whom he was too loyal to fire when that coach had ceased to be effective as all iron willed coaches do after a point in this era of soft hearts and touchy feelings. He was replaced by a person he trained but who had none of the abilities he had. What was left was a duo of good ole team boys, (one of whom is the nicest guy around, the other one whose middle name is "Bowlby" ) Yet, being ex players and being nice and/or well liked are not necessary prerequisites for heading a professional sports franchise whereas vision, intelligence, insight and a tried and true plan to build a championship team absolutely are. I'm reasonably certain that I'm not going too far out on a limb to say that the deficient duo currently in charge lack all of those essential qualities.

If real change is to be had, change that makes a difference in the on ice results, it will have to start at the very top.
I will paraphrase what someone once said about the L.A. Raiders, "Unless they can trade for a new ownership group, this team is done."

youre alive!!!!! hope youre doin well.... great post BTW... wheres zad?????

Last edited:

DIEHARD the King fan

Apr 6, 2008
blueline to slot
to Kingsrule. . . Yes, I am. and let me steal a line from my favorite albino redneck rock ;n roll guitarist:

"I'm still alive and well, (da-da-dun.)
Still alive and well (da-da-dun.)
Every now and then,
I know its kind of hard to tell,
but I'm still alive and well."

And I'm still in section 214 row 4 on the aisle. Not always at the start of every game but I'm there.
Zad is around, building his empire and raising a family.
Even Surly makes an occasional appearance at games.

And yes Fat, I felt exactly like a moth pulled into the light, but it must be said in the little weird lady's voice from Poltergeist...
"Come in to the light!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad