Willie Desjardins must be launched into the Sun

KingsRule

Jul 1, 2008
SoCal
to Kingsrule. . . Yes, I am. and let me steal a line from my favorite albino redneck rock ;n roll guitarist:

"I'm still alive and well, (da-da-dun.)
Still alive and well (da-da-dun.)
Every now and then,
I know its kind of hard to tell,
but I'm still alive and well."

And I'm still in section 214 row 4 on the aisle. Not always at the start of every game but I'm there.
Zad is around, building his empire and raising a family.
Even Surly makes an occasional appearance at games.

And yes Fat, I felt exactly like a moth pulled into the light, but it must be said in the little weird lady's voice from Poltergeist...
"Come in to the light!"
nice! good to hear. I had been away for the last few years, lurked here and there, but this abomination of a season has brought me back! haha

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
who knows? All I know for a fact they didn't get the best coach available, they could have tried out some up and coming coach instead of someone who's failed miserably everywhere he's went in his NHL career

"Everywhere" aka the Canucks where Green is posting even worse numbers...

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Willie isn't bad. I just think it's unlucky that we fired Stevens after a win. If we had waited a few more days, we could've hired Quenneville.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Willie isn't bad. I just think it's unlucky that we fired Stevens after a win. If we had waited a few more days, we could've hired Quenneville.

You assume that Quennville would have accepted a job offer with the Kings...I'm not buying that. A coach of his level is not looking to walk into a hot mess like this team has become.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
This team needs a young, fresh offensive mind behind the bench. The same old coaching BS with the ice time limits on some and ice time rewards to others despite results has to end. Clifford scores a goal-immediately launched onto the 2nd line permanently. Iafallo doesn't score for 10 straight games, still on the top line. Kovalchuk leads the team in scoring, gets benched for not getting back full speed on an empty net goal. Can't escape the 4th line. Goalie pulled-throw Nate Thompson out there! The Kings need to take a page from the NFL like the Rams hiring McVay. Somebody who is young with pedigree, enthusiastic, coaches to players strengths rather than their weaknesses, has worked his way up the coaching ladder. The Kings need a coach with an OUNCE of personality, the angry robot behind the bench reflects the team on the ice minus the anger.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't know why people think the strength of most players, or at least the "best" players on this roster isn't "Sutter hockey".

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
This team needs a young, fresh offensive mind behind the bench. The same old coaching BS with the ice time limits on some and ice time rewards to others despite results has to end. Clifford scores a goal-immediately launched onto the 2nd line permanently. Iafallo doesn't score for 10 straight games, still on the top line. Kovalchuk leads the team in scoring, gets benched for not getting back full speed on an empty net goal. Can't escape the 4th line. Goalie pulled-throw Nate Thompson out there! The Kings need to take a page from the NFL like the Rams hiring McVay. Somebody who is young with pedigree, enthusiastic, coaches to players strengths rather than their weaknesses, has worked his way up the coaching ladder. The Kings need a coach with an OUNCE of personality, the angry robot behind the bench reflects the team on the ice minus the anger.
Like Chicago did with Colliton? DeBoer, Green, Dineen, Eakins were all like McVay, up and coming coaches and for the most part have been pretty meh at the NHL level. I get it and would probably be ok with that over a league retread like AV or Quenneville but I'm still hesitant.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If you are going to get a young, cutting edge coach, you better get some players who have the skill set to play whatever system the coach wants to implement. Remember there is a reason Sutter had Lombardi almost immediately bring King and Nolan up from Manchester and put them on the 2nd line with Richards.

The Kings do not have the personnel to play the style most here seem to favor.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
We’ve heard literally nothing about Marco Sturm since he cleared immigration. Granted I’m drunk or asleep most games, but I can’t recall even seeing him on the bench, much less mentioned by the game crew. Maybe I missed a bench interview?

Winger23

May 3, 2007
If you are going to get a young, cutting edge coach, you better get some players who have the skill set to play whatever system the coach wants to implement. Remember there is a reason Sutter had Lombardi almost immediately bring King and Nolan up from Manchester and put them on the 2nd line with Richards.

The Kings do not have the personnel to play the style most here seem to favor.

Honestly I'm not asking much. I just want a team that can actually score consistently...

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Honestly I'm not asking much. I just want a team that can actually score consistently...
Actually, without a plan and the players with the right skill set to execute that plan, you are asking quite a bit. The Kings were built to put the puck into a corner in the offensive zone, then forecheck to get it back. The players bitched and moaned about how much work it was, and got the coaches who implemented that system fired.

Did these players ever consider that maybe, just maybe, they are not as skilled as the Tampa Bay Lightning?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Actually, without a plan and the players with the right skill set to execute that plan, you are asking quite a bit. The Kings were built to put the puck into a corner in the offensive zone, then forecheck to get it back. The players *****ed and moaned about how much work it was, and got the coaches who implemented that system fired.

Did these players ever consider that maybe, just maybe, they are not as skilled as the Tampa Bay Lightning?

Doughty figured that out this season. Said so in his last interview :)

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Does Willie decide to sit LaDue after last nights loss, or is there any chance we see Phaneuf sit instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad