Willie Desjardins must be launched into the Sun

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Why do the Kings want to change anything about how they are playing at this point in the season. I am perfectly fine with watching Blake ride this rocket into the ground.

Reactions: King Trouty

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
this guy is the only poster on the canucks board who defends willie

More like I'm the only one on the Canuck board who doesn't blame everything that has gone wrong (and that continues to go wrong) on him. I think he is a pretty good coach and championships at every level up to pro back me up on that. He doesn't pander to entitled rock stars (Tryamkin) which got him into hot water in Van and which should hold him in good stead with the LA country club. He's a classy dude who takes on gigs like this one (or the Olympic gig) because he loves to coach and wants to prove his worth at the highest level where others (AV?) would have demanded the moon to show up to the tire fire that is currently LA (or avoided the Olympics because the available team was so wretched), a place that I view fondly ever since the last Willie from Vancouver finally found some respect (and success!). Now if only the Kings would go back to jerseys that have some COLOUR in them (like purple)...

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
>>>>>>>>>>–Paul LaDue has played once since the Ottawa game on October 13. What’s it going to take to get him back into a game? Unfortunately, probably the loss of personnel, according to Dejardins. “It’s not that I don’t think LaDue can play, it’s like, who am I going to take out? And that’s kind of been the big issue – like, who comes out?” Desjardins said. “Right now, he’s probably waiting for an injury before he’ll get his chance. I haven’t even seen him, so it’s not like I’ve made a ruling on him that I don’t think he can play. It’s not that at all. It’s just that you take somebody out, you hurt their confidence, and right now we’ll probably run with what we’ve got.”<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's it...launch WD into the sun. what an imbecile.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
>>>>>>>>>>–Paul LaDue has played once since the Ottawa game on October 13. What’s it going to take to get him back into a game? Unfortunately, probably the loss of personnel, according to Dejardins. “It’s not that I don’t think LaDue can play, it’s like, who am I going to take out? And that’s kind of been the big issue – like, who comes out?” Desjardins said. “Right now, he’s probably waiting for an injury before he’ll get his chance. I haven’t even seen him, so it’s not like I’ve made a ruling on him that I don’t think he can play. It’s not that at all. It’s just that you take somebody out, you hurt their confidence, and right now we’ll probably run with what we’ve got.”<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

That's it...launch WD into the sun. what an imbecile.

Forbort, Phaneuf, and Fantenberg are all better than LaDue at this point

so who are you taking out?

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Forbort, Phaneuf, and Fantenberg are all better than LaDue at this point

so who are you taking out?

IF what he is waiting for is a spot to take him out, pull Phaneuf out on a back to back, explain to him the reason, be honest, I wanna see the kid play, it's a back to back, go up in the box, take notes for me what you see, take it as a maintenance rest day and be ready for the next game,

It's not hard to find a place for the kid to play, I don't think he will stick...but it's not hard to find a spot for him.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
IF what he is waiting for is a spot to take him out, pull Phaneuf out on a back to back, explain to him the reason, be honest, I wanna see the kid play, it's a back to back, go up in the box, take notes for me what you see, take it as a maintenance rest day and be ready for the next game,

It's not hard to find a place for the kid to play, I don't think he will stick...but it's not hard to find a spot for him.

I also feel it's a flimsy excuse to say taking out one player to give another player a chance to play will ruin confidence.

To basically say the only way he'll play is if someone gets injured is a pretty dangerous mindset. Why is it the forwards can be rotated in and out of the lineup but the defense can't?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

I think he’ll be in sooner than expect... I’m expecting a trade involving one of our Dman Amart or Muzz to happen soon

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I also feel it's a flimsy excuse to say taking out one player to give another player a chance to play will ruin confidence.

To basically say the only way he'll play is if someone gets injured is a pretty dangerous mindset. Why is it the forwards can be rotated in and out of the lineup but the defense can't?

He hasn't rotated too much of the forwards, and to a certain degree he is correct, Forbort, Fantenberg, they haven't had bad games lately where you can justify and they are young enough to damage their confidence if you take them out while they are playing good....Phaneuf....another story, long time vet, building team, be honest with him and do it on a back to back, it's a win win imo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He hasn't rotated too much of the forwards, and to a certain degree he is correct, Forbort, Fantenberg, they haven't had bad games lately where you can justify and they are young enough to damage their confidence if you take them out while they are playing good....Phaneuf....another story, long time vet, building team, be honest with him and do it on a back to back, it's a win win imo

I don't entirely disagree, but if players are getting rotated anyway, why would confidence be affected? How confident is LaDue supposed to be if, no matter how hard he works in practice, he will only get a chance if someone gets injured or someone plays themself off the roster?

Reactions: King Trouty

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
someone on the oiler board is saying John Shannon is saying Tmac might be your next coach

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

:sarcasm:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

:sarcasm:

I tweeted Shannon to clarify--but he has not responded yet. The person tweeted Shannon said that prior to the CHL game today at about 15:45 PDT

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I have been a fan since 1972..first game age 11 at the Forum and was at BOTH the Miracle on Manchester and Frenzy on Figueroa. Not bad, since my avg annual attendance
was about 10 games....to have been at both. Could write a book of stories...including being at training camp in Van Nuys, Iceoplex or whatever Luc's place was
and sitting in that little center ice cafe...1995...and was a bit flustered, having taken an hour plus to get there in morning traffic...and I had THE HOCKEY NEWS papaer
(1995 - internet just starting and I still got the HOCKEY NEWS shipped from Toronto to me) and had my King hat on....got some coffee and was looking over the
roster of training camp players and I looked up and Gretzky is sitting there, talking to someone...apparently, he was in group 2 and hanging out...He looks
at me and asks me "Hey, can I see your 'News'?" I replied, yes, if you sign my hat" and he sure. signed my hat and I gave him the 'News'...I sat back down and
noticed he thumbed through it real fast...like in less than 2 minutes...I gathered he was just looking to see where they placed his ads! wayne often had an add
of some sort in it...and he passed it back.

Well, 46 f'ing years...many of them much like this season - shtt teams and always a fan. I have never loathed or despised a single King player, coach, staff member,
any in the media, or anyone I met...and I have talked to scouts in person and Dave Taylor, Al murray a few times. Minor League Coach Bruce Boudreau...and
euro scout Vaclav Nedomansky, on Sept 12, 2001..a day after 911 and he was almost crying, talking about Ace Baily and the other scout killed in the 911 plane crash....but Willie Fing Desjardins is a fkkking disgrace
and has something against Kovy...probably Canada pride - Kovy fist pump 2001 and also just winning Gold for Russia this past Olympic while Willies team got a Bronze.

What a total PieceOfDogsHTT. You can't tell me Toffoli and others are playing better defense than Kovalchuk. Iafallo has been flat for about 8 games,
except for that 1 goal.

Ilya Kovalchuk is a legend and one of the top 20 ice hockey players of alltime. Who is WILLIE DESJARDINS??? AN INTERIM pea brained amateur coach.

Kovalchuk was #1 Kings scorer the day WD took over...and still #1.

I miss John Stevens right now....Willie Desjardins has ST VITUS DANCE and cannot stop moving side to side...
Sydenham's chorea (SC) or chorea minor (historically and traditionally referred to as St Vitus' dance) is a disorder characterized by rapid, uncoordinated jerking movements primarily affecting the face, hands and feet.

Only excuse is if Kovy was traded after the 2nd period. WD showed up a legend and his bosses as well - Blake and Luc. F HIM.

Last edited:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Does not surprise me one single bit that WD has problems with Kovy. He had problems with Tryamkin too, basically single handily cost the Canucks a young top 4 defenseman solely because he was Russian. Willie benched Tryamkin at the start of the season, then being really cryptic about the reasoning. He would sometimes say "conditioning", or something, clearly Willie did not like how he played. They wanted him to play a certain way and Tryamkin flat out refused. Naturally after being treated like garbage by Willie, Tryamkin bolted back to Russia. No surprise.

Willie seems like one of those "Don Cherry Canadians", the whole "European = irresponsible" narrative runs deep with Willie. Once, he dressed Anton Rodin for a game, then absolute embarrassed him by not even giving him a single shift. Forced him to sit on the bench and watch the entire game. I've never seen a coach just disrespect a player that much ever, it was absolutely ridiculous.

He also had clear favorites despite them being terrible offensively. Willie had the nerve to play Derek Dorsett with the Sedins, then also play Dorsett 20+ minutes. Willie also started Bo Horvat, basically our best player on the 4th line for some random ass reason. Played Sbisa whenever he could.

I am truly sorry for you guys to have hired Willie. I genuinely feel bad.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Does not surprise me one single bit that WD has problems with Kovy. He had problems with Tryamkin too, basically single handily cost the Canucks a young top 4 defenseman solely because he was Russian. Willie benched Tryamkin at the start of the season, then being really cryptic about the reasoning. He would sometimes say "conditioning", or something, clearly Willie did not like how he played. They wanted him to play a certain way and Tryamkin flat out refused. Naturally after being treated like garbage by Willie, Tryamkin bolted back to Russia. No surprise.

Willie seems like one of those "Don Cherry Canadians", the whole "European = irresponsible" narrative runs deep with Willie. Once, he dressed Anton Rodin for a game, then absolute embarrassed him by not even giving him a single shift. Forced him to sit on the bench and watch the entire game. I've never seen a coach just disrespect a player that much ever, it was absolutely ridiculous.

He also had clear favorites despite them being terrible offensively. Willie had the nerve to play Derek Dorsett with the Sedins, then also play Dorsett 20+ minutes. Willie also started Bo Horvat, basically our best player on the 4th line for some random ass reason. Played Sbisa whenever he could.

I am truly sorry for you guys to have hired Willie. I genuinely feel bad.
Luckily it's only going to be until the end of the season. He's already made his mind up as far as favorites in Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Luckily it's only going to be until the end of the season. He's already made his mind up as far as favorites in Kyle Clifford and Nate Thompson.
As a long time fan I have often wondered what Kyle Clifford could do with top six minutes, haven't you?

To be fair to Kyle, he is one of the few players the Kings have that is giving an honest effort every single shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad