Value of: William Nylander

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Nylander won’t change our C position. He’s no more proven than Domi. Without Matthew or Tavares, Nylander is sketchy .

Habs need time for our young C’s to develop.
I guess thats true, other than scoring more every full year of his career, hes really no more proven.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Habs need to re-sign Petry after this season. Nylander would be a luxury for the Habs. You don’t trade for a luxury when you have areas of dire need.

Habs have reconciled their C position with Danault, Suzuki, Domi and Kotkaniemi. They need to wait to see how that shakes out. They are deep on the top-6 wings. There is no need or reason to trade for Nylander.

To be fair, Nylander would be one of, if not your best winger.

He was on pace for 37 goals and 72 points. He is a very good player. He would pencil in your top 6 over a guy like Drouin or Armia any day of the week... It also isn't crazy to see him play over Gallagher.

But like you said, there is no reason to trade for him, when defence is a much bigger need. If I was running the habs, I would be swapping players for defence prospects.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
To be fair, Nylander would be one of, if not your best winger.

He was on pace for 37 goals and 72 points. He is a very good player. He would pencil in your top 6 over a guy like Drouin or Armia any day of the week... It also isn't crazy to see him play over Gallagher.

But like you said, there is no reason to trade for him, when defence is a much bigger need. If I was running the habs, I would be swapping players for defence prospects.

On the Habs he may not clear 50 pts. He won’t have a superstar C inflating his point totals.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
On the Habs he may not clear 50 pts.

He drives the play though on any line he plays with. I could see him thriving like Tatar in Montreal.

This year in terms of play driving he was one of our best, if not the best.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Rich coming from the guy who claims Montreal has a deep top 6.

nylander doesn’t change the makeup of our top 6. Does he make it deeper? Yes. But that doesn’t move the needle as it pushes Drouin to the 3rd line where he won’t maximize his talent.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Nylander won’t change our C position. He’s no more proven than Domi. Without Matthew or Tavares, Nylander is sketchy .

Habs need time for our young C’s to develop.

Other than being an elite producer on every other team he played for, including a WC team where he was clearly the best forward on a team with Backstrom and Forsberg on it, yes he's very sketchy.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Do some research.
I'm gonna say you might want to do the same.

What you're saying is completely nonsensical. In one breath, you're arguing how Nylander would struggle with a set of forwards like the Habs have, in the next, you're making claims that they're stacked and have so many great wingers and centres, and have the best line in the league.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Leaf fans are proving to be clueless as to Habs team needs. The cost to get Nylander is not worth the incremental improvement compared to a top4 LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad