Value of: William Nylander

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You listed a player the Habs haven't even drafted as part of their RW depth, and others look bad?

I used the word possibly. (MOD)
- Gallagher, Caufield, Armia are solid RW depth. Caufield needs a year or two so we likely use Kovalchuk as a bridge
- I have Holtz as a target if he is still on the board. Ylonen was just added as a depth guy for our bottom 6 potential.

(MOD) You are being way to sensitive and not willing to understand our team needs after it was explained to you for like 2 pages now or more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I used the word possibly. Look that up and expand your English vocabulary.

- Gallagher, Caufield, Armia are solid RW depth. Caufield needs a year or two so we likely use Kovalchuk as a bridge
- I have Holtz as a target if he is still on the board. Ylonen was just added as a depth guy for our bottom 6 potential.

I think you are trolling at this stage. If not, you are being way to sensitive and not willing to understand our team needs after it was explained to you for like 2 pages now or more.

So you claim the Habs dont need Nylander due to their RW depth, yet they will waste their top draft pick this year on.......wait for it.....a RW.

Got it

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So you claim the Habs dont need Nylander due to their RW depth, yet they will waste their top draft pick this year on.......wait for it.....a RW.

Got it

Holtz can play both wings and is a piece for the future. Take away Holtz and Ylonen and you will come to this conclusion... Gallagher, Caufield (Kovalchuk as a bridge) and Armia.

Keep trying to not understand. You are doing a fine job at it. RW is not a piece we need to trade for.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're gonna run out of pencil with all these prospects written in on the top 6. If you understand how prospects work, you might wanna load up on some erasers.

Only prospects I projected as top 6 were Caufield and possibly Holtz if we draft him at 9. Joe Dirt fails again and understanding.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Holtz can play both wings and is a piece for the future. Take away Holtz and Ylonen and you will come to this conclusion... Gallagher, Caufield (Kovalchuk as a bridge) and Armia.

Keep trying to not understand. You are doing a fine job at it. RW is not a piece we need to trade for.

So Gallagher, Armia and 4 guys not currently on the Habs roster.

Got it.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

You'll never guess who else can

Reactions: ER89

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So Gallagher, Armia and 4 guys not currently on the Habs roster.

Got it.

Yes, you finally got it. You should trade Nylander for a LD now. Sandin has only played 28 NHL games and only 8 pts and Muzzin will play RD. See how dumb this sounds? I'm actually curious to know if you understand this

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Yes, you finally got it. You should trade Nylander for a LD now. Sandin has only played 28 NHL games and only 8 pts and Muzzin will play RD. See how dumb this sounds? I'm actually curious to know if you understand this

If the LD was a clear upgrade I would. I would want better players on my team than I currently have, something you clearly don't.

Got it?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You'll never guess who else can

Nylander? You got any evidence to support that? Even if you find it, does this equal the same situation as drafting BPA at 9 and taking a right handed shot who can play both wings? How does this factor into Habs having Gallagher and Armia and signing Kovalchuk as a bridge for when Caufield is ready?

Why you guys are pushing Nylander as a Habs need so bad? Very bizarre

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
If the LD was a clear upgrade I would. I would want better players on my team than I currently have, something you clearly don't.

Got it?
Its also funny that nylander would be the best wing they would have, and potentially the best centre. They are incredibly weak at all forward positions.

The leafs have a first pairing LD. A second pairing LD. A third pairing LD. And more in the pipe, including sandin who is probably NHL ready. Its not a weakness.

All forward positions are a weakness for the habs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
But i think what youre forgetting is that nylander would struggle without better players on his team. Clearly that is not an issue with the guy they havent drafted yet

Clearly yes cause you draft BPA and by the time that player is ready, Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are more mature.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Your going to trade Nylander for a LD who is an upgrade on Rielly, Muzzin, Sandin and force some guys to play RD? Solid plan bud.

Yes, that's how these things work. If you can get a clear upgrade (which Nylander is in this case), you make the deal. You then trade to address a need from a position of strength.

Very simple, bud.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Nylander would be a great addition to Montreal in my opinion, however, they would still lack size, which is something Nylander doesn't bring.

Mantha or Josh Anderson would be better fits for the current roster. Contrary to some :huh: the Habs need to fill their right side.
Weber 50% retained for Nylander

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, that's how these things work. If you can get a clear upgrade (which Nylander is in this case), you make the deal. You then trade to address a need from a position of strength.

Very simple, bud.

Just as simple as moving Marleau cause his salary is attractive to cap floor teams eh? If you need to trade from a position of strength, why you going to trade Nylander for a LD and do it all over again?

Your simple is weird to me.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Cause he is younger, that means what? And you are close but not entirely correct. Suzuki is younger than Nylander. If Sandin is the next Rielly, Suzuki is the next Seguin.

Weber is likely retired after 3 more years. Gallagher is projected to be our next captain. I don't think it's smart to add Nylander and block Caufield from our top 6. It would be the same as the Leafs signing Krug and blocking Sandin on the LD side.

I have no idea why you Leaf fans can't come to grips and acknowledge that Nylander is not a good fit with the Habs. I think some of you are guilty with being sensitive on his value. He's solid at RW but not as good as what you are pumping up
thats your opinion. if you dont want to discuss any type of trade or just want to hammer into everyone how you dont need Nylander( not that you speak for Montreal anyways) why even sit here and discuss anything in this thread?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
thats your opinion. if you dont want to discuss any type of trade or just want to hammer into everyone how you dont need Nylander( not that you speak for Montreal anyways) why even sit here and discuss anything in this thread?

Most Habs fans if not all would say the same thing. We don't need to spend our cap space on the RW in Nylander. Polls have been done on the Habs boards and LD and power forward LW is our team needs. That's where our cap space will be spent. Book it.

Nylander is a solid RW in today's NHL. But he is no star where the Habs need to droop everything and acquire him cause he potentially becomes available. This is a Nylander value thread. What team is stepping up to trade for him on these 18 pages? Curious... you tell me if you have been paying attention? It's not the Habs in case you noticed that

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nylander? You got any evidence to support that? Even if you find it, does this equal the same situation as drafting BPA at 9 and taking a right handed shot who can play both wings? How does this factor into Habs having Gallagher and Armia and signing Kovalchuk as a bridge for when Caufield is ready?

Why you guys are pushing Nylander as a Habs need so bad? Very bizarre
Yes, the evidence is he played left wing in the NHL and at the world championships, and before he was drafted.
Why are you in a value of Nylander thread to insist you have no interest in him? I find that more bizarre

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yes, the evidence is he played left wing in the NHL and at the world championships, and before he was drafted.
Why are you in a value of Nylander thread to insist you have no interest in him? I find that more bizarre

I was not the one who brought up the Habs signing Pietrangelo and retaining and then flipping him for Nylander. It started there. And I have spoken to Nylanders value several times. He's a good 2nd tier offensive forward but he's no star RW where the Habs need to drop all our plans cause he becomes available.

Nylander likely 15-31 range mix in terms of RW players in the NHL. Voracek, Meier, Oshie, Gallagher, Dadonov, Boeser, Toffoli, Bailey, Eberle, Arvidsson, Mantha, Konecny, Keller. Some Leafs fans acting like he is like Kucherov, Pasta, Kane, Rantanen, Wheeler, Marner, Stone, Tarasenko, Laine. You can make the argument he is in the 10-15 range though. But that applies to lots of other players too.

I have not disrespected Nylander one bit. But Leafs fans have disrespected Habs players like Gallagher, Caufield, Tatar, Domi though.

Why has Nylander not played LW with the Leafs in recent seasons though? Marner, Nylander, Kapanen as RW and Hyman, Kerfoot, Mikheyev, and Johnson as LW depth. Seems like if Nylander was effective at LW, there is a open spot for him to be the #1 LW?

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

Beyond that, every point, argument or reasoning he has for not wanting Nylander is completely bizarre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad