Value of: William Nylander

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm gonna say you might want to do the same.

What you're saying is completely nonsensical. In one breath, you're arguing how Nylander would struggle with a set of forwards like the Habs have, in the next, you're making claims that they're stacked and have so many great wingers and centres, and have the best line in the league.

Where did I say they were stacked? They have at least 4 top6 wingers and blue chip prospects and young C’s that need time to develop. Nylander is not a guy you trade for. The cost is prohibitive and does not address our key needs. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, right. Nylander would struggle because Montreal has no good offensive players for him to leech off of, but also Montreal doesn't need any good offensive players
Its true becuz they have a guy that just scored 20 points in Finland and another unknown player that will also be better. Book it.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Yeah, right. Nylander would struggle because Montreal has no good offensive players for him to leech off of, but also Montreal doesn't need any good offensive players

Habs area young team and need time to develop. We have good young talent that need time to develop into top line players. We have big needs on D. Why are we trading for Nylander. Is he free?

if he’s free then yah the Habs could use him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Where did I say they were stacked? They have at least 4 top6 wingers and young C’s that need time to develop. Nylander is not a guy you trade for. The cost is prohibitive and does not address our key needs. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?.

Don't bother with them. They think Nylander's prorated season that equals 71 pts trumps what Domi did in 18/19 playing with far less talent. They are like Drug pushers with trying to say we need a RW like Nylander.

Remember when contract negotiations were going on? He wasn't worth much but after the contract is signed, he is now one of the best RW's in the game. He's no better than Gallagher, Oshie, Atkinson, Keller, Konecny, Bailey, Arvidsson, Mantha. Good but not as good as they are pumping

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Don't bother with them. They think Nylander's prorated season that equals 71 pts trumps what Domi did in 18/19 playing with far less talent. They are like Drug pushers with trying to say we need a RW like Nylander.

Remember when contract negotiations were going on? He wasn't worth much but after the contract is signed, he is now one of the best RW's in the game. He's no better than Gallagher, Oshie, Atkinson, Keller, Konecny, Bailey, Arvidsson, Mantha. Good but not as good as they are pumping

It’s like a wave of stupidity. Totally clueless as to Habs needs. They don’t understand that the assets require to get Nylander would be better spent elsewhere or not at all. Habs are you g and need time to develop.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Where did I say they were stacked? They have at least 4 top6 wingers and blue chip prospects and young C’s that need time to develop. Nylander is not a guy you trade for. The cost is prohibitive and does not address our key needs. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend?.
Then why are you here discussing it?
If you have no interest in a player just ignore the discussion about the player.
Self restraint is a life skill.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If you have no interest in a player just ignore the discussion about the player.

Works too ways. All you are saying is Leafs fans are allowed to pump his tires and Habs are not allowed to say we don't need him.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

I responded to a post that suggested the Habs should have interest. What’s wrong with my responding? I would prefer you thank me for educating an otherwise uninformed lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
It’s like a wave of stupidity. Totally clueless as to Habs needs. They don’t understand that the assets require to get Nylander would be better spent elsewhere or not at all. Habs are you g and need time to develop.

Nylander is younger than anyone you have in your deep top 6. Clueless indeed.

Reactions: Nifty Sauce

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I would be happy to trade for Nylander if you threw in Matthews. ;)

otherwise, no thanks my little leaf friends.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Safe to say the Habs wouldn't have the assets to obtain Nylander anyway.
What a gong show this has turned into.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Works too ways. All you are saying is Leafs fans are allowed to pump his tires and Habs are not allowed to say we don't need him.
Yes you would expect 'tire pumping' of a player in a 'Value Of' thread.

Anyways, I think everyone gets it.
To sum up, the two Hab fans here have no interest in adding a good player because they have no good players for him to play with.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nylander is younger than anyone you have in your deep top 6. Clueless indeed.

Cause he is younger, that means what? And you are close but not entirely correct. Suzuki is younger than Nylander. If Sandin is the next Rielly, Suzuki is the next Seguin.

Weber is likely retired after 3 more years. Gallagher is projected to be our next captain. I don't think it's smart to add Nylander and block Caufield from our top 6. It would be the same as the Leafs signing Krug and blocking Sandin on the LD side.

I have no idea why you Leaf fans can't come to grips and acknowledge that Nylander is not a good fit with the Habs. I think some of you are guilty with being sensitive on his value. He's solid at RW but not as good as what you are pumping up

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Safe to say the Habs wouldn't have the assets to obtain Nylander anyway.
What a gong show this has turned into.

Pretty solid evidence you brought forward to support your "safe to say" :laugh:

17 pages so far and what team has offered the best return for Nylander? Why did it turn into Habs signing Pietrangelo and trading him for Nylander? I'm sure if he was as good as you say, you would not need the Habs help.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Uhh you have pointed a kid that just scored 20 in finland and a draft pick.

As a potential bottom 6 player? Good stuff you are cheering picking bud. All you are doing is showing your ability (MOD) to not comprehend. Either way, you and only you make yourself look bad

Last edited by a moderator:

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
As a potential bottom 6 player? Good stuff you are cheering picking bud. All you are doing is showing your ability to troll or to show ability to not comprehend. Either way, you and only you make yourself look bad
okay bud. Your argument is that Nylander would struggle on the Habs because they have nobody very good to boost his stats. But of course, they don't need forwards that can score..... like Nylander.

I just don't care though. Nylander was on pace for 40 goals, 70+ points this season, and is cost controlled. Why would the Leafs trade that???

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
As a potential bottom 6 player? Good stuff you are cheering picking bud. All you are doing is showing your ability to troll or to show ability to not comprehend. Either way, you and only you make yourself look bad

You listed a player the Habs haven't even drafted as part of their RW depth, and others look bad?

Reactions: Nifty Sauce

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Cause he is younger, that means what? And you are close but not entirely correct. Suzuki is younger than Nylander. If Sandin is the next Rielly, Suzuki is the next Seguin.

Weber is likely retired after 3 more years. Gallagher is projected to be our next captain. I don't think it's smart to add Nylander and block Caufield from our top 6. It would be the same as the Leafs signing Krug and blocking Sandin on the LD side.

I have no idea why you Leaf fans can't come to grips and acknowledge that Nylander is not a good fit with the Habs. I think some of you are guilty with being sensitive on his value. He's solid at RW but not as good as what you are pumping up

You're gonna run out of pencil with all these prospects written in on the top 6. If you understand how prospects work, you might wanna load up on some erasers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
okay bud. Your argument is that Nylander would struggle on the Habs because they have nobody very good to boost his stats. But of course, they don't need forwards that can score..... like Nylander.

I just don't care though. Nylander was on pace for 40 goals, 70+ points this season, and is cost controlled. Why would the Leafs trade that???

Yes, I gave you substance as to why Nylander is not a good fit with the Habs and yes, I do think he struggles like Domi and Drouin to produce on the Habs. Not my fault it's not in line with your opinion.

Don't trade him then. Not the Habs prerogative. All we are doing is saying his is good but not as good as you are saying he is. And we are saying he is not a need for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->