William Nylander Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If what the leafs were offering was really insulting then there would be leaks and info coming from the talking heads saying as much. The fact that no one from Nylander’s camp has come out to refute the reports of their sky high ask is also fairly telling.
I don’t see any chance that TML are lowballing willy and offering in the 5’s or anything like that, much better odds that his agent and dad are holding him out in hopes of getting that tarasenko-Draisaitl money.

This seems more belief than based on evidence.

Just because there are no leaks doesn’t mean that’s not the case. Especially given Shanny’s comments about wanting players to take less....

Reactions: freshwind

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Sports media is painfully pro-organization though. Just look at how things are reported. Willy not moving equals him being unreasonable. Leafs camp not moving equals them being savvy and patient. For all we know, the deal would be signed now if Leafs added another 500k and/or an NMC.

Great news! You don't have to.

It should be clear as day that the info flows from management over the past few weeks. And that’s pretty much the norm across the league/pro sports - press tends to be more sympathetic to front officers

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
Watching tonite you can see that Matthews is getting little help 5 on 5.....Kapanen is doing well but Marleau is close to 40 and isn't contributing much of anything.
So they do need him......

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Stop moving the goalposts. You're no good at it.

Again, what Willie FEELS he's worth or FEELS he will contribute have no bearing on his market value. The rest of what I typed seems to be the consensus of most on this board with information based on research done for his comparables.

You've seen that info over and over. Now you're just trolling.

If you can’t see the lunacy in YOU defining his comparables... for production that hasn’t even happened yet... and concluding... without YOU knowing what’s on offer... that he is in the wrong... well, can’t help ya buddy.

Reactions: CelticDruid

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
Watching tonite you can see that Matthews is getting little help 5 on 5.....Kapanen is doing well but Marleau is close to 40 and isn't contributing much of anything.
So they do need him......
I don't think Marleau has lost anything from last year, he just plays an extremely simple, no fancy passing allowed, type of game that fits better with the Kadri line.

Last edited:

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I don’t want to move on, I want to see Nylander with Matthews :(

Why? We’ve seen 2 seasons of it. He’s played with Matthews and has a career high of 22 goals. Give Kapanen this season with Matthews and I’ll bet he scores more than 22.

Nylander is a spare part and has been overrated by this fan base since day 1.

Reactions: therealkoho

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
So you.... and these all-knowing posters... can judge a player’s future potential and establish his comparables, eh?

Pretty amazing.

Aside from that, do you even know... I mean KNOW... what the Leafs have offered?
You're kidding right?

Reactions: dsred

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Why? We’ve seen 2 seasons of it. He’s played with Matthews and has a career high of 22 goals. Give Kapanen this season with Matthews and I’ll bet he scores more than 22.

Only the real Dave Poulin could get so much wrong in one post.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
ya,, makes one wonder if ""At the end of the day I need to look out for myself",, his quote

also means avoiding the corners in heavy games,,, like oh IDK ,,,,the POs against Boston

is this selfish brat going to btch about ice time,,,line mates,,,PP time?
How about some of the folks here that will demand he gets inserted into the #1 PP

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Plenty of poorly written stories doesn’t mean they are of worthy quality. It’s a lazy argument to say a kid has to be 100% like his father (not that his dad is anywhere near this arch villain that folks make him out to be)
Still looking for a story that says he was a good team player

Reactions: therealkoho

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Plenty of poorly written stories doesn’t mean they are of worthy quality. It’s a lazy argument to say a kid has to be 100% like his father (not that his dad is anywhere near this arch villain that folks make him out to be)
You wouldn't understand. It's a Klingon thing....:nod:

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018

Kinda harsh....'spare part'?really? Willy has been an elite player(sometimes the best like on the world stage)at every level. I'm reasonably sure he would be up there in points with the others right now!
That said, EF his stubborn ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad