William Nylander Part XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Lots of difficulties in comparing the two, including:
- Karlsson’s career high before last year was 25 points. His career totals were 183GP, 18G/32A/50PTS.
- Karlsson would have gotten a healthy amount more then $5.25m per on a three year deal.

Fwiw, I think a fair one year bridge for Nylander would be around $3.5-$3.75m. In part because he might accept a lower salary in return for a quicker new contract with arbitration rights.

he would get utterly wrecked by a arb ruling

starting this late in the season , no training camp,, hahaha please please bring on the arb

those 20g 60 point seasons gets him in the

31g=61p 4.25m 7y arvidsson , that started last season

25g=64p 6m x 7 Ehlers that starts this season range

61 point 6.1 larkan range

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Kypreos said a 4 year deal under 20 million total is on the table.

FINALLY!!!!! I've been waiting for the conversation to change.

Any time now folks! The doors are open and they'll hammer this out.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Willie scored primary points at the 36th highest rate in the NHL.

Similar, but better, than Duchene, Eichel, Tarasenko, Laine, Kopitar, Tavares, Marner...

He also was 25th highest in point scoring rate -- but I'm willing to concede that is because of who he played with.

Willie is worth a lot of money. The negative things said about him are absurd. Even if we aren't getting him at a deal (yet).
He's a proven SIXTY POINT PLAYER!!!! What the hell are you talking about? You can cling to obscure weird things to make any player appear good.

But, make no mistake, after playing on the first line with Matthews, Nylander is a SIXTY POINT PLAYER!!!!

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Well, if folks thought Karlsson was worth $9/$10m on a long term deal, then signing $5.25 for one year isn’t that different then Nylander being worth $6.5m or so on a long term deal and signing for one year at $3.5-$3.75m (as I added to my earlier post)

I think once you start going past two years on a bridge that the expected AAV takes a healthy jump when discussing the “prove it to me” bridge deals. Maybe not all the way to $5m, but I’d guess closer to 5 then 4. $4.75m or better range on three years.

well i have willis 3y bridge pegged around 4/4.1m

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Kypreos said a 4 year deal under 20 million total is on the table.
I would love that if true. Pay him right now for what he's proven (lol, 20 goals, 60 points). If Nylander turns into something special in the next 4 years, I have no problem giving him what he deserves. He just needs to PROVE it first.

Reactions: socko

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I would love that if true. Pay him right now for what he's proven (lol, 20 goals, 60 points). If Nylander turns into something special in the next 4 years, I have no problem giving him what he deserves. He just needs to PROVE it first.

i give willi 16.5m tops for those 4 years

Reactions: BM14

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
he would get utterly wrecked by a arb ruling

starting this late in the season , no training camp,, hahaha please please bring on the arb

those 20g 60 point seasons gets him in the

31g=61p 4.25m 7y arvidsson , that started last season

25g=64p 6m x 7 Ehlers that starts this season range

61 point 6.1 larkan range

Getting a one or two year arbitration award in the Ehlers or Larkin range would probably be more then the Leafs are currently offering Nylander on a shorter term bridge deal (2-4 years).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad