Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I would think the odds are lucic takes a smaller salary to stay in la. They will be cup contenders for a while still. Money is big, and I'm sure he will get similar pay from la, but no contender will/can afford him at 7 mill as some are suggesting.
Lso his skill set is perfect for the slower la system. Our speed may not be the best fit for him?

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
I don't like Lucic. I hope he never plays for us. Fortunately, I don't see us going after him, nor he wanting to be with us either.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Somebody??? Anybody???

I dont think anything happened other than babs talking to him about what he did wrong on the first goal. He still played over 14 minute wnich iirc is his most toi since the call up.
Perhaps that poster was thinking of something I am unaware of?

Isvestia

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I dont think anything happened other than babs talking to him about what he did wrong on the first goal. He still played over 14 minute wnich iirc is his most toi since the call up.
Perhaps that poster was thinking of something I am unaware of?
Thanks, I thought there was something near the end of the 3rd between them.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don't like Lucic. I hope he never plays for us. Fortunately, I don't see us going after him, nor he wanting to be with us either.

I don't see why Lucic is not staying in LA. Like Chicago they will pick their core, Kopitar/Doughty/Quick and most likely Lucic. They will move players like Clifford/Pearson/Brown if/when necessary.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
[/B]

So?

Lucic would be the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs. AINEC

I would give him 6.5 to 7 without even thinking about it.

That man is a force to be reckoned with and he sticks up for teammates all the time and not many guys in the NHL want to tangle with him.

Sorry son but we have a ton of cap space and at this time, will struggle just to get to the floor.

When you bring in a Lucic and a Stamkos, you also improve your team enough to make the playoffs next season.

Also offer one of the best D on the UFA list and blam, you have a playoff team.

That's not the end goal here. We're trying to become a cup winning team. What do you suppose happens in 3 years time when the Likes of Nylander, Marner, and our first round pick are up for extension? We could be in cap hell if we give out multiple big contracts right now.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
YUP. Kids being bullied and taken liberties with.

I guarantee Lou sees it too plus Babs would be like "Lou, I need a tough guy that can play"

Lou will find a big strapping player that can fight and play.

Welcome to the Leafs Milan Lucic.

In defense of Buffalo yesterday. McCabe is younger than Hyman & he is the one that was checked (weirdly) from behind. Bogosian is only 2 years older than Hyman & he's not exactly a fighter, he was just standing up for the "kid" on his team.

Regarding Lucic, don't think so. No need or desire to waste cap space on a guy like Lucic. You don't need a bunch of heavy weights, you need players that are happy to drop the gloves if other teams try to take liberties with them or their team-mates. We have a few of them with the Marlies, not as skilled, but they fit the bill. Greening is another.

When drafting or acquiring prospects, if you're deciding between player A & player B & player B plays with more of an edge or could snap on occasion, pick B.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Somebody??? Anybody???

The announcers said on video replays of the Leafs' bench something along the lines of "Here's Mike Babcock playing bad cop with Valiev over a mistake on the ice, now here's the assistant coach (D.J. Smith?) playing good cop." I'll just assume that Babcock is a professional coach and knows how to apply different forms of coaching psychology on different sorts of individuals. Maybe he sees Valiev as an athlete who needs a kick in the rear end. My personal take on the way Valiev has played is that he needs to keep his feet moving. He often slows down or even stops once the puck is on his stick.

Isvestia

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
The announcers said on video replays of the Leafs' bench something along the lines of "Here's Mike Babcock playing bad cop with Valiev over a mistake on the ice, now here's the assistant coach (D.J. Smith?) playing good cop." I'll just assume that Babcock is a professional coach and knows how to apply different forms of coaching psychology on different sorts of individuals. Maybe he sees Valiev as an athlete who needs a kick in the rear end. My personal take on the way Valiev has played is that he needs to keep his feet moving. He often slows down or even stops once the puck is on his stick.

That was it. Thanks so much, and I agree!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Wish we had traded Bozak. Not thrilled about his return. If we are to move up the standings, let the kids do it, not Bozak pulling a Devereaux.

Devereaux saved us from years of painful thoughts of picking b.schenn over Ekman-Larsson... How dreadful would've that been? Also we likely wouldn't have traded l.schenn for jvr had the flyers not ended up with the brothers obsession that Burke had.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Signs of a budding star: Nylander not having a particularly great game but still making a real difference in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille