Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Player To Watch: Connor Brown!

cb.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Expected Leafs Lines:

Nikita Soshnikov - Nazem Kadri - Michael Grabner
PA Parenteau - William Nylander - Zach Hyman
Joshua Leivo - Frederik Gauthier - Connor Brown
Colin Greening - Ben Smith - Milan Michalek

Morgan Rielly - Martin Marincin
Jake Gardiner - Connor Carrick
Rinat Valiev - Frank Corrado

Garret Sparks (Expected)

- Leo Komarov is doubtful. Brown expected to play

Here's a Picture of Auston Matthews!

635865642752475844-XXX-Auston-Matthews-7051.JPG

TANK WARS!

Projected Finish: 4-7-1 [Total of 68 Points]

In order to reach 69 points, the teams need to go;

Arizona: [0 Points Needed]
Buffalo: 0-9-1 [1 Points Needed]
Vancouver: 1-10-1 [3 Points Needed]
Calgary: 1-9-1 [3 Points Needed]
Edmonton: 2-6-0 [4 Points Needed]
Columbus: 2-9-1 [5 Points Needed]
Winnipeg: 3-8-0 [6 Points Needed]

TONIGHT

VAN vs STL
CBJ vs NJD
BUF vs TOR

Last edited:

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Holland, Laich(personel), Michalek, all out tonight.
Komarov still Out, Bozak has to wait

Do I smell a Marner emergency call up?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Expected Leafs Lines:

Nikita Soshnikov - Nazem Kadri - Connor Brown
Colin Greening - UHHHHH - UHHHHH
UHHHHHH - Ben Smith - Michael Grabner

Garret Sparks (Expected)​

Can anyone loan us players?

We need 3 more forwards tonight, as Komarov, Michalek, Laich, Holland are all out, and Bozak is unlikely to return.

I'd guess welcome back Leipsic, Leivo and...... Carrick? GOAT? Arco?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It sounds like Gauthier and Leivo will be called up.

I would LOVE for an emergency call up for Marner. Very doubtful though considering the Knights have first place almost secured.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Maple Leafs-Buffalo Sabres: Saturday game preview

The Sabres came into the Air Canada Centre March 7 and beat the Leafs 4-3 in a shootout.

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7 p.m.

TV: CBC

Radio: Sportsnet 590 The Fan

Key matchup:Ryan O’Reilly vs. Morgan Rielly.

The Buffalo Sabres centre is the team’s top scorer, with 17 goals and 33 assists going into Friday’s game against Ottawa. He and Evander Kane have been tough to isolate, because most NHL defences are set up to stop Jack Eichel on the second line. The Sabres came into the Air Canada Centre March 7 and beat the Leafs 4-3 in a shootout, with Sam Reinhart potting the winner.

Streaking: Eichel has been hot; going into Friday’s action, he had seven points, including five goals, in his last seven games. Kane ranks third in the league with 4.2 shots per game prior to Friday.

Workhorses: O’Reilly (21:51) leads all NHL forwards in average ice time per game and Kane (21:12) ranks second going into Friday’s action. The pair own the two highest average career ice times by Sabres forwards. Michael Peca (20:18) is the only other forward to average over 20 minutes in a season.

Young gun: With Eichel’s goal March 7 at the ACC, he became the youngest 20-goal scorer in Sabres history at 19 years, 131 days, beating Pierre Turgeon by nine days. Turgeon was 19 years, 140 days old when he reached the 20-goal mark Jan. 15, 1989.

Specialty units: The Sabres have the No. 13-ranked power play and the No. 14-ranked penalty kill in the league.

Hurting: The Sabres will be without Cody McCormick, out with a blood clot. Tyler Ennis has been out since Dec. 31 with an upper body injury and ex-Leaf Cody Franson has a neck injury. He’s been out since Feb. 21.

Up next: Monday vs. Calgary Flames (TSN4, 7:30 p.m.)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You know what... what is the Marlies situation like?

The Marlies play at 3, so if they don't have 3 extra bodies, they can't send us enough players.

If the Leafs wanted to, they could possibly swing a Marner call up. Doubt they want to though.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Marlies have 23 skaters on the roster, however Cowan and Harrington are injured.

So... unless the Marlies go shorthanded at 3pm, they only have 1 skater to send us...

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

The Marlies play at 3, so if they don't have 3 extra bodies, they can't send us enough players.

If the Leafs wanted to, they could possibly swing a Marner call up. Doubt they want to though.

They have enough players. Gauthier and Leivo sat out last night for the Marlies for this reason. It's possible the Marlies recalled a player like Brady Vail or whatever from the Bears in that time frame so that we can recall someone like Sam Carrick.

So we know that Gauthier and Leivo are very likely called up from the Marlies. We probably need one more body though, and that's the mystery. I'm pretty sure they have the situation figured out.

Last edited:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
It sounds like Gauthier and Leivo will be called up.

I would LOVE for an emergency call up for Marner. Very doubtful though considering the Knights have first place almost secured.

Well, they play a winner-take-all game tonight vs Erie. They secure first place if they win, a loss means they finish 2nd.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton

Maybe the Marlies emergency recall Marner? :dunno:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Well, they play a winner-take-all game tonight vs Erie. They secure first place if they win, a loss means they finish 2nd.

Erie would need to win in regulation I believe since the Knights are 2 points ahead.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
I'm so pumped to see this UHHHHH guy play tonight. I hear he's good.

This is so bizarre. I don't think I've seen a situation like this. Perhaps we'll see Shanahan himself lace up. :dunno:

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Erie would need to win in regulation I believe since the Knights are 2 points ahead.

Hmm, true. I guess they have 'secured' that spot as much as they can considering they are facing their competition in the final game.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Nikita Soshnikov - Nazem Kadri - Connor Brown
Colin Greening - UHHHHH - UHHHHH
UHHHHHH - Ben Smith - Michael Grabner

Garret Sparks (Expected)
Jonathan Bernier

Bolded was in the opening roster October 1st. Corrado and Grabner were scratched.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Buffalo's 2014 & 2015 Reinhart and Eichel have combined for 42 goals on the season, and are #1 & 2 in goals scored on their team with both reaching 20 or more already.

Leafs pups Nylander and Marner have 2 goals from those same drafts.

Buffalo's rebuild is a step ahead right now despite being the same draft classes. When Leafs youngsters are also regular +20 goal contributors these battles will be even more interesting.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
I'm so pumped to see this UHHHHH guy play tonight. I hear he's good.

This is so bizarre. I don't think I've seen a situation like this. Perhaps we'll see Shanahan himself lace up. :dunno:

lol. You know, he'd probably play alright even .. I wonder if he can sign himself up for a PTO

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Buffalo's 2014 & 2015 Reinhart and Eichel have combined for 42 goals on the season, and are #1 & 2 in goals scored on their team with both reaching 20 or more already.

Leafs pups Nylander and Marner have 2 goals from those same drafts.

Buffalo's rebuild is a step ahead right now despite being the same draft classes. When Leafs youngsters are also regular +20 goal contributors these battles will be even more interesting.

They also have about hum... oh you know... a combined 140 more NHL games played. :laugh:

42 goals out of 150 NHL games = 0.28 GPG

2 goals out of 10 NHL games = 0.2 GPG

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
Since they're playing Buffalo, I say they give Raffi a call (I'm sure he's in the area) and then bring up Carrick and Clune. Let's goon it up against these punks! :yo: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad