Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
YUP. Kids being bullied and taken liberties with.

I guarantee Lou sees it too plus Babs would be like "Lou, I need a tough guy that can play"

Lou will find a big strapping player that can fight and play.

Welcome to the Leafs Milan Lucic.

He's going to get a disaster of a contract i think. I'd love his skillset on the team though. We definitely need a face puncher that can play. I don't like seeing our team get run over physically. Heavier teams will do their best to intimidate us and without a guy to keep them honest we might see one of our prospects get hurt.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
i know the most here look more @the scorerboard, but Grabner play in the last game very well.He tried a myn thinks and work hard for the team.

Grabner would be an excellent lower line player with PK duties. His skating really helps us in the defensive zone and the neutral zone.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
2 words- cap space, free agency. It will be a year. Next year they make the playoffs, year after 2nd or third round.

So after being a team stuck with huge contracts in Kessel and Phaneuf, the offseason after you want us to overpay in FA to bring guys to the worst team in the NHL to repeat the same cycle?

Your expectations are very unrealistic. We are not making the playoffs next year.

Celly Hard

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
[/B]

So?

Lucic would be the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs. AINEC

I would give him 6.5 to 7 without even thinking about it.

That man is a force to be reckoned with and he sticks up for teammates all the time and not many guys in the NHL want to tangle with him.

Sorry son but we have a ton of cap space and at this time, will struggle just to get to the floor.

When you bring in a Lucic and a Stamkos, you also improve your team enough to make the playoffs next season.

Also offer one of the best D on the UFA list and blam, you have a playoff team.

And you also screw yourself in the future. How are we going to sign our young players when their contracts are up?

Lucic and Stamkos are real possibilities, but i don't see us signing both.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Did everyone who suggested Milan Lucic forget that David Backes is a UFA?

Can we not sign either? For the love of god...All though I probably prefer Backes over Lucic simply because he's a centre.

I don't think people realize that both will require around, if not more, than 6M over long-term to get them signed. I wouldn't even be surprised if Lucic gets a 7M cap hit contract. I have no idea why anyone would want either at all cost. Adding 'toughness' doesn't mean killing your cap space for those kind of players.

You can easily add toughness with trades and manageable cap hits. You can use prospects like Leipsic, Leivo, Percy, Harrington, etc to make trades that will return more physical players. Just look at the kind of toughness Detroit employed in the last 10 years. That's what we should look at, not Burke kind of toughness.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Lucic will become a Clarkson situation lol its so easy to predict

Not only that, big bangers and crashers tend to spend a lot of time on the IR as their bodies age.

Milan is not part of the future of this team, Lou/Babs have better judgement than to sign him.

They'll find a young power forward type that will fill that role.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Not only that, big bangers and crashers tend to spend a lot of time on the IR as their bodies age.

Milan is not part of the future of this team, Lou/Babs have better judgement than to sign him.

They'll find a young power forward type that will fill that role.

Exactly some people are so obsessed with names

Lucic wont be this player in year 2 of his 7 year contract

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Give us Lucic from 7 years ago, then great, but yes whoever gives Lucic his next contract will regret it. I'm sure all Babcock wants (needs) is a certain type of winger who can skate and take a pass well enough to not mess with the team's schemes.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Give us Lucic from 7 years ago, then great, but yes whoever gives Lucic his next contract will regret it. I'm sure all Babcock wants (needs) is a certain type of winger who can skate and take a pass well enough to not mess with the team's schemes.

Speed and skill seem to be the name of the game with Shannys plan. I'm going from memory but everyone have drafted or traded for that could be put in the long term plans category has speed and skill. If you get a guy with size, speed and skill all the better.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Would love Lucic on contract terms that make sense for our club, but given what he'll command on the market, he's not coming here.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
[/B]

So?

That man is a force to be reckoned with and he sticks up for teammates all the time and not many guys in the NHL want to tangle with him.

Sorry son but we have a ton of cap space and at this time, will struggle just to get to the floor.

When you bring in a Lucic and a Stamkos, you also improve your team enough to make the playoffs next season.

Also offer one of the best D on the UFA list and blam, you have a playoff team.

Yeah let's lock up a bruiser to a long term deal. Not like they fall off the hill a little bit harder than other players. Should trade for Mike Richards while we're at it

Mad Brills*

No, I think babcock was talking about the 4th liners with toughness who can play too.

Aka matt martin.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Lucic will become a Clarkson situation lol its so easy to predict

Hey at least I'm not the only one! When I read this post:

"So?

That man is a force to be reckoned with and he sticks up for teammates all the time and not many guys in the NHL want to tangle with him. "

Clarkson was my first thought. Why? Well this was the exact reasoning used by the masses for Clarkson, including our resident, self-proclaimed "patient" people.

At least in Lucic's defense he has a history of being a somewhat productive player whereas Clarkson had zero history, just a blip.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I like Lucic, but like others have said, I feel like he's very likely to fall off a cliff sooner rather than later.

We'll find the right complementary pieces when the time comes, but I think it's important to know what core guys we have first so we know what these pieces need to complement.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It was interesting to see the fancy keep away moves that kadri, gardiner and nylander were doing last night. They all seemed to work, albeit a little risky if they didn't... But it just shows how relaxed, confident and how much leash babs gives his players. Barely see any plays like that in an nhl game, let alone 3+ by 3 different players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad