Post-Game Talk: William Nylander Leads Leafs to Victory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Devereaux saved us from years of painful thoughts of picking b.schenn over Ekman-Larsson... How dreadful would've that been? Also we likely wouldn't have traded l.schenn for jvr had the flyers not ended up with the brothers obsession that Burke had.

Now that is a much less painful way of looking at it, and probably accurate as well.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Devereaux saved us from years of painful thoughts of picking b.schenn over Ekman-Larsson... How dreadful would've that been? Also we likely wouldn't have traded l.schenn for jvr had the flyers not ended up with the brothers obsession that Burke had.
Devereaux also cost Toronto a chance at John Tavares because had Toronto lost that game in regulation and with the draft lottery rules at that time, they would have had a chance at moving up from the 5th pick to the 1st pick had they won the draft lottery.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

Devereaux didn't cost us. It's just a term I use like being Robida'd.
Leafs finished with 81 points that year. NYI finished with 61. Tampa with 66.
Leafs weren't in last place already with only 5 points seperating them from 5th/6th.
Bozak has the potential to do much more damage in 10 remaining games that Devereaux could ever do.
Also, I have moved on from Burke/Nonis/Kessel/Phaneuf/Clarkson/Bozak/Lupul era.
Perhaps others haven't but that's fine. For me, having Bozak return seems like a step back. It just started to feel like a new era finally.
I don't like the points but it's hard to be mad at Nylander/Sosh/Carrick/Hyman scoring.
I can't cheer for Bozak winning faceoffs and scoring goals off his but.
You either understand that feeling or you don't.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
[/B]

So?

Lucic would be the absolute perfect fit for the Leafs. AINEC

I would give him 6.5 to 7 without even thinking about it.

That man is a force to be reckoned with and he sticks up for teammates all the time and not many guys in the NHL want to tangle with him.

Sorry son but we have a ton of cap space and at this time, will struggle just to get to the floor.

When you bring in a Lucic and a Stamkos, you also improve your team enough to make the playoffs next season.

Also offer one of the best D on the UFA list and blam, you have a playoff team.

Leafs need someone like him (size/scoring) with speed who can play within the top six. Once they've built up another years worth of assets they'll make a move to bring a player or two in who fit that mould.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I wonder if we could pry Lawson Crouse away from Florida somehow. I reckon, even do not really a fighter, if he is not the kind of size and toughness we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille