William Nylander Discussion Thread

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have been wondering for a while now why Keefe just doesn't roll his top 2 lines for equal amounts, especially when Tavares is rolling and the bottom 6 hadn't been great.
I'm sure we will see more of that down the stretch. No need to overwork anyone with the congested schedule and playoffs around the corner.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
That's fair, but at the same time many of the top scoring wingers in the league get pretty easy usage in order to maximize their offensive skills. I'm not sure why this gets thrown at a negative for Nylander when it isn't particularly unique to guys in his situation

It's not just zone starts, it's who he plays against. Other teams focus on Matthews/Marner, which means Tavares/Nylander get secondary match-ups.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
It's not just zone starts, it's who he plays against. Other teams focus on Matthews/Marner, which means Tavares/Nylander get secondary match-ups.
What’s our argument for when he put up the same amount of points with matthews?

Incoming ‘he’s a product of Matthews argument’ lol

The90

Feb 27, 2017
If he ever does that, I guess that's a discussion to have....
Really splitting hairs there aren’t you. 61 points to matthews 69 points from his first full season in the league. Super witty reply though. Nice

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Most good teams in the league have a strong top 6, so again I don't think Nylander is at any particular advantage over his peers here.

Reactions: Rocker13

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
I don't think so, no.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I think Nylander plays better when he gets involved physically especially in that net front area. We played him for so long out on the perimeter and I think that was a mistake by the team.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
He's amazing to watch when he's on which he has been for some time now. Today he was more impressive defensively. Made 6-7 great plays.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I love the play that he he took away the 2 on 1. He just played the position.
He reminds me of Pirlo, where he just seems like he is not playing hard(esp since he played with someone like Gattuso), but he is always in the right position.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Having a forward core so deep that we have elite top line forward talent on our 2nd line is a big reason we’ve been able to tale every series down to the wire despite having a goal tender that regularly gets outplayed.

Not sure what the argument is here @Sweet Leaf. You’re saying if Nylander was on our top line we’d be a lousy team, though you appear to agree that we have elite top line talent on our 2nd line... which we do, in Tavares and Nylander.

Reactions: stickty111

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Nylander has been excellent lately. Hopefully he’s able to keeps it up through the end of season and playoffs.

Reactions: Confucius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad