Tribute William Nylander Discussion Thread: Ya Gotta Be Blessed Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
This season Nylander has been more consistent on a game to game basis. Lets not pretend anymore. Its okay to admit it. I know hes not Canadian but that shouldn't matter.
Is that right. Why dont you look at the game by game log and report back at the longest streak without a point. If you have anything else I'm interested in what u got.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Is that right. Why dont you look at the game by game log and report back at the longest streak without a point. If you have anything else I'm interested in what u got.
Honest question, have you made a post in the Nylander thread without it involving Marner in any possible way? Why do you even click on this thread? The second someone isn't praising Marner in this thread you have to give you 2 cents about how great Marner is.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Honest question, have you made a post in the Nylander thread without it involving Marner in any possible way? Why do you even click on this thread? The second someone isn't praising Marner in this thread you have to give you 2 cents about how great Marner is.
Maybe you should follow the conversation beginning with Marner being less consistent than Nylander. If you cant keep up, stop posting vapid nonesense.

Reactions: ACC1224

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
is better defensively
Debatable. Marner has a slightly better xGA/60 this season but Nylander rates better in CA/60, SCA/60, and HDCA/60. Matthews has also been very good defensively this year and they also have Hyman on the line who we all know is a defensive stud. Nylander has Tavares who looks a step slower this year and a revolving door for LW.

They've kinda alternated in the previous seasons... Marner was one of the worst defensively last year while Nylander was about average, but Nylander was more sheltered due to coming back mid-season and struggling. In 17-18, Marner was better, but he was also more sheltered playing lower in the lineup for the first half of the season or so until he joined Kadri's line permanently.

As rookies, Nylander's numbers were much better. Over the 4 cumulative seasons, Nylander ends up rating better overall, but they've obviously both grown as players. Nylander also faced harder competition his first two seasons than Marner did.

IMO Nylander has better positioning and natural defensive awareness, and is also less prone to turnovers while being stronger on the puck and boards. Marner plays better 'active' defense and is good at forcing turnovers from the other team.

Reactions: stickty111 and ER89

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON

He's the Chief Hound. Be careful, anything you say critical of Marner can and will be used against you in any and all threads relating to any and all topics.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Nylander had games he played a lot better then Marner at the start of the season, but Marner got points many of those games while Nylander got nothing. And points aint all in hockey. Its also good to keep the momentum and preassure. Nylander has been more consistent in effort but not in points. Nylanders lowest has been higher this season. Marner has had deeper lows and higher highs. I dont say Nylander is better then Marner, just that its closer then it seems on paper. And Nylanders nack for finding goal lately closes the gap. Being on first ppl will make it closer in point production. Not because he will get more ppl points then Marner but it will boost Nylanders confidence 5v5. But there is a gap between them and it should be. A 4mill gap? Not if Nylander become a ppg player with twice amount of goals. Not there yet, he might suck rest of the season.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
In a potentially very controversial opinion: I like both Nylander and Marner.
Nobody is pissing on Nylander here. Just a few who need to crap on Marner by wrongly using Nylander as a comparison to knock Marner. I really dont understand the "addition by subtraction " crowd. There is substantially lower hanging fruit to criticize in this team. Forget about the discussion of tradable untouchables. The conversation of body of work should render both Marner and Nylander untouchables in a discussion of criticism. Criticize an individual game but both these boys are playing awesome.

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Nylander had games he played a lot better then Marner at the start of the season, but Marner got points many of those games while Nylander got nothing. And points aint all in hockey. Its also good to keep the momentum and preassure. Nylander has been more consistent in effort but not in points. Nylanders lowest has been higher this season. Marner has had deeper lows and higher highs. I dont say Nylander is better then Marner, just that its closer then it seems on paper. And Nylanders nack for finding goal lately closes the gap. Being on first ppl will make it closer in point production. Not because he will get more ppl points then Marner but it will boost Nylanders confidence 5v5. But there is a gap between them and it should be. A 4mill gap? Not if Nylander become a ppg player with twice amount of goals. Not there yet, he might suck rest of the season.
There is always a possibility that they both fall off a cliff but the possibility is mostly an academic thought exercise. These guys are young and it is more likely that they both get better.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Nylander was downright atrocious.

I honestly screamed get him off the ice. Might be the first time. Pathetic display.

Not sure he was ready to be back clearly. I have been signing his praises but not tonight. The Willy from before the illness was fantastic.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

I honestly screamed get him off the ice. Might be the first time. Pathetic display.

Not sure he was ready to be back clearly. I have been signing his praises but not tonight. The Willy from before the illness was fantastic.
Or coming back from a flu is tough and takes time to get your game back. Lets relax.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC

Overreaction much!

He was fine.

Atrocious post.

Reactions: Walshy7

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He wasn't good, but he also wasn't himself. The skating wasn't quite there, the endurance wasn't there, the strength wasn't there. Hopefully he gets up to speed soon, I'd love to give that line another try.

Reactions: ER89
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad