Tribute William Nylander Discussion Thread: Ya Gotta Be Blessed Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Honest question, have you made a post in the Nylander thread without it involving Marner in any possible way? Why do you even click on this thread? The second someone isn't praising Marner in this thread you have to give you 2 cents about how great Marner is.

It's the aggressive nature and overall snarky tones that make you think it's Marners dad replying.:eek:

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
Yup Nylander has outplayed Marner this year the most consistent player this year. Just tells you how great of a year he is having.

Actually im wrong Matthews and Nylander have both been the best players for the Leafs its crazy how good these two are this year. Tavares is quietly having a great year too always taking the hard matchups and putting up points on the road when he isn't shutting down the other team. Such a talented team to watch its been great!

Nylander is such a steal.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can Leafsnation just enjoy a player having a good or great season without dragging another player into the conversation.
It seems like Leafs could only have one Center playing great or one winger playing great and cannot have all players playing great at the same time.
They all play on the same team.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
It might take 10 games or so before he gets a goal again. The record curse. I hope he prove me wrong against pens.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Can Leafsnation just enjoy a player having a good or great season without dragging another player into the conversation.
It seems like Leafs could only have one Center playing great or one winger playing great and cannot have all players playing great at the same time.
They all play on the same team.

In a cap world, I don't think this is possible.

If the Leafs crash and burn, I could see the Big 4 being reduced to a Big 3 or even a Big 2, and the fault line happens to fall right between Matthews (not going anywhere), and Nylander (the cheapest), versus Marner (high product, high salary) and Tavares (politics).

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
In a cap world, I don't think this is possible.

If the Leafs crash and burn, I could see the Big 4 being reduced to a Big 3 or even a Big 2, and the fault line happens to fall right between Matthews (not going anywhere), and Nylander (the cheapest), versus Marner (high product, high salary) and Tavares (politics).
I see your point, but if all players are playing well, why would the Leafs crash and burn?

Point I am trying to make is that, we should just stop trashing one Leafs in order to hype up another Leafs. We should cheer for them when they do well and jeer them when they play like crap.
That’s also nothing to do with Cap MGT.

What you are essentially saying is that Leafs fans need to choose who they cheer for bc one or even two of our top players will need to make way sooner or later unless we win the Cup. That’s the thing I don’t get, we cheer for the Leafs, players doing well usually means Leafs doing well too.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I see your point, but if all players are playing well, why would the Leafs crash and burn?

Point I am trying to make is that, we should just stop trashing one Leafs in order to hype up another Leafs. We should cheer for them when they do well and jeer them when they play like crap.
That’s also nothing to do with Cap MGT.

What you are essentially saying is that Leafs fans need to choose who they cheer for bc one or even two of our top players will need to make way sooner or later unless we win the Cup. That’s the thing I don’t get, we cheer for the Leafs, players doing well usually means Leafs doing well too.

I know what you're saying, but since the Leafs actually do still suck even though the Big 4 are productive, I think there's a feeling in the fanbase that a day will come when we make out Sundin for Clark trade to get to the next level, which is why we can't have too many nice things.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I know what you're saying, but since the Leafs actually do still suck even though the Big 4 are productive, I think there's a feeling in the fanbase that a day will come when we make out Sundin for Clark trade to get to the next level, which is why we can't have too many nice things.
But We got Sundin when we traded Clark.
Think this year struggles were down to injuries and Backup goalie. If Hutch and Kas combined for 9 pts in 16 games. That’s not even a .500 records not to mention many of those 16games were not good teams. while Campbell got 7pts in 4 games.
I think the depth is fine if Souperman and AJ are healthy, that’s 2/6 mid 6 forwards.
Reilly is our No.1. Ceci as bad as he was, he is still capable of playing a solid 17 mins along with PK.
People called Keefe first 20 games his honeymoon period but I call that when the team was truly healthy.
Now I am by no means saying the roster is perfect but I think a few minor trades here and there along with getting someone capable to play Defense on the Right side will make this team into contender.

Reactions: stickty111

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
But We got Sundin when we traded Clark.
Think this year struggles were down to injuries and Backup goalie. If Hutch and Kas combined for 9 pts in 16 games. That’s not even a .500 records not to mention many of those 16games were not good teams. while Campbell got 7pts in 4 games.
I think the depth is fine if Souperman and AJ are healthy, that’s 2/6 mid 6 forwards.
Reilly is our No.1. Ceci as bad as he was, he is still capable of playing a solid 17 mins along with PK.
People called Keefe first 20 games his honeymoon period but I call that when the team was truly healthy.
Now I am by no means saying the roster is perfect but I think a few minor trades here and there along with getting someone capable to play Defense on the Right side will make this team into contender.

We are the Quebec Nordiques of 1993-94, who had a heavily talented offensive core (Sakic, Sundin, Nolan, Kamensky, Ricci and Forsberg in Sweden), just coming off a terrible first round loss vs a veteran team (Quebec lost to Montreal who won the cup in 1993, we lost to Boston who lost the finals in 2019) and we lack maturity, grit, have an utterly horrible defense and a goalie tandem made up of a declining veteran (Hextall vs Andersen) and a younger unproven goalie with some talent (Fiset/Thibault/Campbell).

Quebec chose to sacrifice Mats Sundin to get Clark and Sylvain Lefebvre, and would go on to move out Nolan for Ozolinsh and Thibault and the Patrick Roy trade before becoming champions in Colorado.

So when fans look at Marner and Nylander and fight over them, it's because we'll probably end up shipping one of them out in the next couple of years.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
We are the Quebec Nordiques of 1993-94, who had a heavily talented offensive core (Sakic, Sundin, Nolan, Kamensky, Ricci and Forsberg in Sweden), just coming off a terrible first round loss vs a veteran team (Quebec lost to Montreal who won the cup in 1993, we lost to Boston who lost the finals in 2019) and we lack maturity, grit, have an utterly horrible defense and a goalie tandem made up of a declining veteran (Hextall vs Andersen) and a younger unproven goalie with some talent (Fiset/Thibault/Campbell).

Quebec chose to sacrifice Mats Sundin to get Clark and Sylvain Lefebvre, and would go on to move out Nolan for Ozolinsh and Thibault and the Patrick Roy trade before becoming champions in Colorado.

So when fans look at Marner and Nylander and fight over them, it's because we'll probably end up shipping one of them out in the next couple of years.
You really believe that?
Leafs fans have been doing this Willie Vs Marner thing since three years ago when they both first started. It escalated last season when Willie signed for 7mil and was really bad while Marner played great, then there are more fuel when Marner got his 10+contract....
This is not just Willie Vs Marner, it was Kadri Vs Bozak, even AM vs JT last season when AM got injured.
This is a Leafsnation thing of always trying to pick someone to hate and want to chase them out of town. Some still think Dougie was a better Capt than Sundin, despite what Sundin has done.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
ERQ5gYPWsAApXZ3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad