Tribute William Nylander Discussion Thread: Ya Gotta Be Blessed Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Imo thisnis ppp psychological bunk.

Id rather players remain clam and focused on their jobs than being emotional trainwrecks. They couldnt perform as pros otherwise

this. Players aren't fans of the team they play for (even JT, Spezza and Marner arent) they are professionals who (hopefully) care about pleasing the fans, and not overreacting to a win or a loss and almost robot like moving onto the next game is the best way to do that. Unless of course its a playoff series loss then that's when they should be upset about a loss

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I can't believe that Sid doesn't realize how Leafs fans were upset with Nylander's play last season which was completely justified and it was his own doing since he choose to not re-sign until he did. However there is nothing wrong with also pointing out how Nylander has played much better this season and it's what we were expecting of him.
Yup he deserved the criticism last season and deserves the praise this season.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Willy is showing what he can do if he gets top line, top PP usage. There's a pretty good chance he'd look somewhat similar to this if we had traded him, which is why it in hindsight was good that we didn't. And now... there's not a team in the league that would consider trading a 23-year old who is pacing for 45 goals and 95 points since a rather serious change of circumstances. That's similar to what Rantanen did last year, better than he's done this year. Colorado is not out there shopping him for a d-man.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I don't remember the exact quotes, but it was along the lines that they shouldn't worry about that result too much because they dominated the game and that things will be fine if they continue playing like that.
The thing that really set him off was that he said it was nothing to be upset about, but I think he was strictly talking about their play. Even if not, it was just a post game interview. Players almost never speak their mind in those

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
54 games into the season, Nylander has 8 hits. :popcorn:
Other notable names:
Gaudreau 1
Barkov 13
O'Reilly 15
Marner 15
Barzal 16
Connor 15
Kane 19
Point 19
Panarin 20
Malkin 21
Tavares 21
Draisaitl 21

Who. Really. Cares. He's got the same hits per game over his career as Patrick Kane. I don't think Chicago fans are complaining that he's not hitting enough.

Last edited:

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
nah i think this is working really well, Nylander isnt deferring to Matthews and is driving the line himself now. And Marner and Matthews are working well, babs made me think they just couldnt work together but they do

I think you can make arguments for both sides you really can’t go wrong with how much talent that big 4 is. I personally wouldn’t be too mad if Matthews and Nylander are reunited. Nylander with the puck luck finally on his side again feeding Matthews while still being a shooting threat is nice.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I think you can make arguments for both sides you really can’t go wrong with how much talent that big 4 is. I personally wouldn’t be too mad if Matthews and Nylander are reunited. Nylander with the puck luck finally on his side again feeding Matthews while still being a shooting threat is nice.

but perhaps the no luck was due to trying to pass to matthews all the time, he seems to want to shoot alot more with JT

Reactions: saffronleaf

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
but perhaps the no luck was due to trying to pass to matthews all the time, he seems to want to shoot alot more with JT

That is a very good discussion I would be intrigued by how Nylanders shooting rates compared when playing between the two. I would look up now but only have a cell phone handy right now.

I believe the stats to look up would be ICF/60 and IHDCF/60

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I'm a huge Willy critic but he's been killing it. Just looking pretty dominant all round. Credit where due

But......:p He still seems to feast on weak competition. I really want to see him run a game against a big boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad