Pre-Game Talk: Will the team we Love the most bring us Joy tonight? Pens @ Avs 10pm Root

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I would love to have a keyword-based post filter but unfortunately that's unrealistic.

I asked if there was any way to eliminate all posts with "Gibbons" in them last year, when I was getting sick of people pretending he was a high upside prospect instead of a Swiss leaguer (what he actually is).

Someone linked me this
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/pittsburghese/kfacjicelahdibigpdeahhmcaidfnkko?hl=en-US

Not what I asked for, but still kind of hilarious.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
So will BB Play again? After how he played last game, he probably won't. Dont know why when he was doing very well een on the fourth line.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Sorry in advance for the rant, here but if things are so super "unbearable" how about instead of dropping in for a second and devoting time and effort into complaining about all the complaining... maybe just put the blinders on to the stuff you don't like and talk about what you want to talk about, instead? The more interesting and well-articulated, the better!

I suspect it's because it's easier just to whine about it instead of actually trying to change people's minds via intelligent dialogue. Kind of ironic, huh? That the people making things "so unbearable" actually contribute to the general conversation regularly and the majority of the "OMG SO UNBEARABLE" crowd kinda swing by every now and then just to drop whiny, inane one-liners and then scurry off? It must be tough to go through life so thin-skinned and unwilling to look past things that bother you.

Groupthink can be aggravating, I get that. So can circle-jerking. But it's not hard to avoid, at worst, and much more rewarding to attempt talking through. There are tons of posters on here I rarely agree with but value highly because they will actually put in the time, effort and clarity of thought to make me often re-think my position. Which is awesome. Obviously there are also people just not worth your time. But, I mean... welcome to life?

Just a thought.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
Sorry in advance for the rant, here but if things are so super "unbearable" how about instead of dropping in for a second and devoting time and effort into complaining about all the complaining... maybe just put the blinders on to the stuff you don't like and talk about what you want to talk about, instead? The more interesting and well-articulated, the better!

I suspect it's because it's easier just to whine about it instead of actually trying to change people's minds via intelligent dialogue. Kind of ironic, huh? That the people making things "so unbearable" actually contribute to the general conversation regularly and the majority of the "OMG SO UNBEARABLE" crowd kinda swing by every now and then just to drop whiny, inane one-liners and then scurry off? It must be tough to go through life so thin-skinned and unwilling to look past things that bother you.

Groupthink can be aggravating, I get that. So can circle-jerking. But it's not hard to avoid, at worst, and much more rewarding to attempt talking through. There are tons of posters on here I rarely agree with but value highly because they will actually put in the time, effort and clarity of thought to make me often re-think my position. Which is awesome. Obviously there are also people just not worth your time. But, I mean... welcome to life?

Just a thought.

There's nothing wrong with putting people on Ignore. It can change your life if you peruse these boards often. I wouldn't even blame people for doing it to me lol. I'm sure they could form a cogent argument why they did, at least on an anecdotal basis. I would never do it to someone I vehemently disagree with or get catty with though as long as they have a valid opinion.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
There's nothing wrong with putting people on Ignore. It can change your life if you peruse these boards often. I wouldn't even blame people for doing it to me lol. I'm sure they could form a cogent argument why they did, at least on an anecdotal basis. I would never do it to someone I vehemently disagree with or get catty with though as long as they have a valid opinion.

I don't use ignore. I don't blame those who do, of course. But few enough people will talk to me, as is.

But in all seriousness... unless I had someone following me around relentlessly, I just don't see the need for it. I have a built in ignore feature, already. And I don't want to miss out on anything funny.

SCPens

Feb 9, 2008

Just a thought.

Whiny? Really?? I find it amusing how so many sad souls around here know more than a team of professionals running an NHL organization. Just a thought.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I really hope Lovejoy can shut us all up. Here's hoping he is so much better than what we think he is that it makes this trade palatable.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
It better be BB, that line was actually useful the longer the game went on (against Jackets). While Beau was tentative in the 1st period, he seemed to get some confidence and played better towards the end of the game (contrary to the other lines). There isn't even an imaginary reason anymore to keep him on the team (Winnik kills penalties better) and I think MJ will not play him until the eventual injuries hit the Pens.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I saw from the Avs board GDT that these are the expected pairings for the opposing team tonight:
Hejda-Redmond
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Stuart

If Nate Guenin's in your top 4, you may want to have some serious thought about doing something to improve your blueline....

Oh, and hey, it's Brad Stuart! Thanks again for the Cup Win, Brad! (Seriously, he's responsible on both goals in Game 7 - he turns over the puck to Malkin for the first goal, then makes a bad pinch on the second).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I really hope Lovejoy can shut us all up. Here's hoping he is so much better than what we think he is that it makes this trade palatable.

That's where I am, yeah.

Much as I hated the trade (though not to Jagr/Kovalev/Naslund degrees), it isn't like Lovejoy isn't a serviceable player. At least he has been on the Ducks for years. I have no interest in tearing him down for no reason. It makes no difference.

In the words of Joe Rogan:

So start using your ignore feature or you shall go on through life missing out!

HA! It would sort of seem to me to be the other way around, no?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I saw from the Avs board GDT that these are the expected pairings for the opposing team tonight:
Hejda-Redmond
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Stuart

If Nate Guenin's in your top 4, you may want to have some serious thought about doing something to improve your blueline....

Oh, and hey, it's Brad Stuart! Thanks again for the Cup Win, Brad! (Seriously, he's responsible on both goals in Game 7 - he turns over the puck to Malkin for the first goal, then makes a bad pinch on the second).

Stuart sucked even when he was "good", but I'd argue the one on the rush was 100% Osgood.

Guenin...someone must be hurt. It would be like playing Phil Samuelsson with Kris Letang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille