Pre-Game Talk: Will the team we Love the most bring us Joy tonight? Pens @ Avs 10pm Root

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'd love to see him take over scuderi's role on the team as the bottom pairing anchor(in a good way this time) and guy rookies play with.

I suspect Scuds is the new Adams. Basically kept in because he's an "old warrior that's essential to the success of the PK".

I wouldn't doubt given the regime's obsession with experience, that Scuds plays out his contract.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
I suspect Scuds is the new Adams. Basically kept in because he's an "old warrior that's essential to the success of the PK".

I wouldn't doubt given the regime's obsession with experience, that Scuds plays out his contract.
I know :/
But if he were to be replaced Lovejoy would be the most likely man to do it

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I know :/
But if he were to be replaced Lovejoy would be the most likely man to do it

Probably, ya.

I mean, Scuds is making three times as much as Lovejoy and I suspect the Rev is the much better player at this point in their careers.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
JR wants balance on the roster as to RH and LH shots. He brought in Comeau, Downie, Perron, Hornquist, and Max to balance the forwards. He added Lovejoy to have a RH presence on the back end. Lovejoy is a top four on this team and I expect he will be here next year and possibly extended if it fits the cap. Maatta, DP and Harrington are all LH shots and I expect the Pens to add a RH shot in FA.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
JR wants balance on the roster as to RH and LH shots. He brought in Comeau, Downie, Perron, Hornquist, and Max to balance the forwards. He added Lovejoy to have a RH presence on the back end. Lovejoy is a top four on this team and I expect he will be here next year and possibly extended if it fits the cap. Maatta, DP and Harrington are all LH shots and I expect the Pens to add a RH shot in FA.

What's Boychuk? If he's available, we need to go after him.

Boychuk-Lovejoy isn't awful for a 2nd pairing.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
What's Boychuk? If he's available, we need to go after him.

Boychuk-Lovejoy isn't awful for a 2nd pairing.

Righty

So a potential

Maatta-Letang
Pouliot-Boychuck
Harry/Dumo-Lovejoy

D would be pretty nice. Boychuck is gonna make bank though assuming he goes to FA. And there's the Scuds wrench to contend with too.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house

I think people are just too early on the "they could've trade Scuds to a contender come on!" argument. He's got two years left on a sizeable deal. No contender is taking that contract for that many more years. He's simply signed for too long to dump off.

Only hope is a young (i.e. bad) team that needs to make the cap floor and has some good young Dmen to teach up.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
I kind of hope we lose and Lovejoy is a -5. Nothing against the kid, but the I want this organization to feel how ridiculous this trade is.

The opposite will probably happen, and all the naysayers will be like "see, told you it was a good trade". And it still won't be. Ever.
The only way this could be looked at as a good trade is if Lovejoy plays well and the pens win the cup while he's here.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I kind of hope we lose and Lovejoy is a -5. Nothing against the kid, but the I want this organization to feel how ridiculous this trade is.

The opposite will probably happen, and all the naysayers will be like "see, told you it was a good trade". And it still won't be. Ever.

Saw Jagr get traded and that wasn't enough to keep me away from the team I love the most, I don't like the trade but I won't hope my team get's destroyed because we traded Simon Despres!

CommonForte

Jul 10, 2009
If we lose tonight this board will Be a conplete meltdown. However i think the pens win decisively tonight. 4-1 Pens!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think people are just too early on the "they could've trade Scuds to a contender come on!" argument. He's got two years left on a sizeable deal. No contender is taking that contract for that many more years. He's simply signed for too long to dump off.

Only hope is a young (i.e. bad) team that needs to make the cap floor and has some good young Dmen to teach up.

They could have moved him, but they don't want to. Same with Kunitz.

But they moved Despres and tried to move BB.

Those are the decisions that bother me and make me wonder if this org will ever get it. The tweets about JR having to tread carefully because of the locker room, is the most frustrating thing to read. It's human nature though, so I get it. But having a Get Along Gang mentality effect the decisions about how to build this team, isn't wise IMHO.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Not buying they could move Scuds. No one wants that contract. Kunitz is a different story but there's no point to moving him unless you can upgrade.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia
Nothing wrong with that. Spaling is one of my favorite players because he is a skating textbook for how to play responsible hockey.

If Lovejoy comes in and plays sound hockey like Spaling, I'll be pretty happy about that. If he can anchor for DP, even better.

Was gonna say, comparison to Spaling is hardly an insult. Spaling may not score any pretty goals, but he's a solid jack of all trades type player and very useful. Baffles me that so many around here want to use him as a cap dump.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009

Experience. That has to be our playoff theme this year.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I cannot guarantee that the Penguins COULD move Scuderi (I don't know).

What I CAN guarantee is that the thought NEVER CROSSED THEIR MINDS.

Wolf Without a Howl

97% Mumps Free
Jan 25, 2013
How's your line-up looking?

Perron-Crosby-Hornqvist
Kunitz-Malkin-Comeau
Winnik-Sutter-Downie
Spaling-Lapierre-Bennett/Adams

Will likely be the forwards.

Defense is up in the air, but it will probably be some combination of Letang, Martin, Pouliot, Scuderi, Lovejoy, and Cole. That's assuming Ehrhoff is out which I believe he is.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
They could have moved him, but they don't want to. Same with Kunitz.

But they moved Despres and tried to move BB.

Those are the decisions that bother me and make me wonder if this org will ever get it. The tweets about JR having to tread carefully because of the locker room, is the most frustrating thing to read. It's human nature though, so I get it. But having a Get Along Gang mentality effect the decisions about how to build this team, isn't wise IMHO.

What tweets? I have been out of the loop for the past few days.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Teams were asking about him and Martin in the summer. I heard that on the radio back then. With a little salary retention, it is easily possible. Like you KNOW they didn't want to ever move him.

We've seen Adams look like a slug on ice for the last 3-4 years and the org still makes excuses for why he is in the lineup. I can't see the case being any different with Scuds as his game declines further in the next two years.

BeautiPhil

Toronto Sun Model
Nov 23, 2010
Virginia

I have a bad feeling that if Scuderi doesn't retire after his current contract, we'll see him re-signed at the tender Veteran Experienced age of 38.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Teams were asking about him and Martin in the summer. I heard that on the radio back then. With a little salary retention, it is easily possible. Like you KNOW they didn't want to ever move him.

We've seen Adams look like a slug on ice for the last 3-4 years and the org still makes excuses for why he is in the lineup. I can't see the case being any different with Scuds as his game declines further in the next two years.

it's my assumption they can move him (I'm not arguing with anything you've said), I just don't want to get into an argument with people who say "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

Instead, it's much easier to just skip the nonsense and say, "I can, with 100% confidence, swear to you that the Penguins are not interested in moving Rob Scuderi. Whatever YOU think of Rob Scuderi personally, the team (likely) does not agree with you."

I have a bad feeling that if Scuderi doesn't retire after his current contract, we'll see him re-signed at the tender Veteran Experienced age of 38.

I mean, I don't think it'll be a killer contract at that point, but if his legs move at all (and, I mean, the bar is already pretty low in that regard) I wouldn't be shocked.

They love him. Like, an unhealthy amount of love. Every time I ask a question, I get Rob Scuderi shoved down my throat. ... I want to make a joke here, but I really like my new avatar.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
it's my assumption they can move him (I'm not arguing with anything you've said), I just don't want to get into an argument with people who say "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"

Instead, it's much easier to just skip the nonsense and say, "I can, with 100% confidence, swear to you that the Penguins are not interested in moving Rob Scuderi. Whatever YOU think of Rob Scuderi personally, the team (likely) does not agree with you."

Well obviously I know how you know, so ya.

But for the people who think the org wants to dump Scuds, I just have to say to them, you are not very perceptive people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad