Pre-Game Talk: Will the team we Love the most bring us Joy tonight? Pens @ Avs 10pm Root

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Not going to watch. And no, it's not in protest of the Despres trade. It's because falling asleep while driving is terrifying.

Can't wait to watch the highlights and read the PGT in the morning.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
I kind of hope we lose and Lovejoy is a -5. Nothing against the kid, but the I want this organization to feel how ridiculous this trade is.

The opposite will probably happen, and all the naysayers will be like "see, told you it was a good trade". And it still won't be. Ever.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I thought Colorado games were usually 9 o clock games.

Anyways it will be interesting to see what the d pairs are tonight.

And i wonder if MJ scratches Adams again.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You saw what despres did, lovejoy.... get at it or I'll hate you forever.

You have 1 shift. 1 shift to match Despres.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You saw what despres did, lovejoy.... get at it or I'll hate you forever.

You have 1 shift. 1 shift to match Despres.

1 shift, 20:23, +3, 1 assist, 5 hits.

Greatest.
Shift.
Ever.

(or, Ovechkin on the PP)

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
My last memory of Lovejoy is him getting trounced and being a -2 in a lopsided Flyers post-season victory

It's good we brought him back though - because he's a really nice guy! And this organization loves holding onto former Penguins who are really nice guys. Who cares if they're bad at hockey!

FRUSTRATEDPENFAN*

Lovejoy is here for this season and then he will be gone along with Martin , Ehrhoff The defence next season will be Letang , Maatta , Cole , Pouliot , Scuderi , Harrington , Doumoulion , Pen fans may not like it but that's how it will be.

Penguinzilla*

Nice hidden Lovejoy reference in the title :)

I think he's going to come out in full beast mode tonight (if he has one) to try to prove everyone wrong about who got the worst of the trade

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Lovejoy is here for this season and then he will be gone along with Martin , Ehrhoff The defence next season will be Letang , Maatta , Cole , Pouliot , Scuderi , Harrington , Doumoulion , Pen fans may not like it but that's how it will be.

Doubt it, Lovejoy is still under contract for next season, well unless JR is able to trade him this summer for a 5th or 6th rounder!

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
1-4 is better than 4-7, at least for me. I can stay up until 4, but not all the way until 7 so that means I will have to sleep from like 10-4 and then wake up (which won't happen).
Wow, if I stay up till 4 I will be dead the next day ;)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Lol. At least there's that.

Feel bad for the guy. In the eyes of the team and management, it may be small shoes to fill. The fans, they are very large shoes to fill.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I watched enough of Ben Lovejoy to know what he is, vanilla. He's 31, not big, not tough, not physical, not fast, not offensive, not a shut down D. He's just there. He's Craig Adams circa 2010.

My best guess is that we sign him to a 4 year extension.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I watched enough of Ben Lovejoy to know what he is, vanilla. He's 31, not big, not tough, not physical, not fast, not offensive, not a shut down D. He's just there. He's Craig Adams circa 2010.

My best guess is that we sign him to a 4 year extension.

My best example is basically the Spaling of the defense.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
My best example is basically the Spaling of the defense.

Nothing wrong with that. Spaling is one of my favorite players because he is a skating textbook for how to play responsible hockey.

If Lovejoy comes in and plays sound hockey like Spaling, I'll be pretty happy about that. If he can anchor for DP, even better.

Mischa

Feb 11, 2012
Nothing wrong with that. Spaling is one of my favorite players because he is a skating textbook for how to play responsible hockey.

If Lovejoy comes in and plays sound hockey like Spaling, I'll be pretty happy about that. If he can anchor for DP, even better.
I'd love to see him take over scuderi's role on the team as the bottom pairing anchor(in a good way this time) and guy rookies play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad