Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Surprisingly, I think the Leafs will take the PO spot. For some reason I'm just not feeling it for Florida - Barkov is playing hurt and Bob has been a massive disappointment.

Boston or Tampa will eat both of those teams alive in the playoffs though.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
As everyone predicted, the Panthers playoffs hope rest on Driedger coming back healthy and playing well.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
In points%, the Panthers are now back in. The Leafs get another chance to get outclassed by the Pens on Thursday, while the Panthers get the Ducks and Kings in the next two days. At the very least, you can't get outclassed by them. More embarrassing if you happen to lose though.

2 games in hand, 3 more regulation wins. The Panthers have a good shot at putting themselves in a good position. They just can't afford to Florida Panther themselves.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
In points%, the Panthers are now back in. The Leafs get another chance to get outclassed by the Pens on Thursday, while the Panthers get the Ducks and Kings in the next two days. At the very least, you can't get outclassed by them. More embarrassing if you happen to lose though.

2 games in hand, 3 more regulation wins. The Panthers have a good shot at putting themselves in a good position. They just can't afford to Florida Panther themselves.

That doesn't look good on the short term. Florida already has 2 games in hand and they are against two bottom feeders. Leafs have Pens again also and Leafs defenseman look terrible. Most of Pens goals goalie had no chance on. Tap in's.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Leafs will not make it at this rate. Not playing a pure offensive game and ignoring the defensive duties. The new coach thinks his is coaching the 80's Oilers.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Seriously, does any team want to finish 3rd in the Atlantic? The whole division seems to have gone to hell except Boston and TB.

Who knows maybe Buffalo gets in? Only team with an above .500 record last 10 games.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Seriously, does any team want to finish 3rd in the Atlantic? The whole division seems to have gone to hell except Boston and TB.

Who knows maybe Buffalo gets in? Only team with an above .500 record last 10 games.

I wouldnt count Detroit out just yet. 20 more wins gives them 74 points. Based on the level of play of the Leafs/Panthers/Habs/Sabres recently, id say they're all pacing for approx 72-73 points max.

Also - Red Wings have the Bruins # this year. They could go deep

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
I wouldnt count Detroit out just yet. 20 more wins gives them 74 points. Based on the level of play of the Leafs/Panthers/Habs/Sabres recently, id say they're all pacing for approx 72-73 points max.

Also - Red Wings have the Bruins # this year. They could go deep
If only those 20 remaining games were against the Habs. Tough luck Wings.

Reactions: Redwingsfan

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
How many more regulation wins do Toronto have over Buffalo? (Actually curious) because they only have a couple ROWS more and have played more and have a few overtime wins that standout in my head from highlights this year.... Do they actually have less because if that’s the case they shouldn’t show up to The playoffs out of shame.

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How many more regulation wins do Toronto have over Buffalo? (Actually curious) because they only have two ROWS more and have played more and have a few overtime wins that standout in my head from highlights this year.... Do they actually have less because if that’s the case they shouldn’t show up to The playoffs out of shame.
Buffalo still lost 7-4 to Ottawa tonight and remain 8 points behind Toronto.

Also in terms of ROW Toronto has 30 and Buffalo has 26.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Buffalo still lost 7-4 to Ottawa tonight and remain 8 points behind Toronto.

Also in terms of ROW Toronto has 30 and Buffalo has 26.

Did YOU NOT SEE that I was bashing buffalo in my post? By saying that the leafs shouldn’t show up out of shame because buffalo is so bad? And they got dominated by the sabres, and have around the same wins in regulation, and telling me my own teams result tonight as if I was just not living in the same planet?

I mean, it’s not like Toronto hasn’t lost to Ottawa this year...Whatever helps you sleep at night. Sabres starting goalie didn’t even play. and that unlike reffing is an actual excuse, he’s injured (when it’s 7/4 to sens anyway) what’s Toronto’s excuse tonight, but yeah.

anywway my post was about how since buffalo has been so bad, Toronto winning less or the same in regulation and have one in there last 8, they should feel worse and not even show up to the playoffs.

Ok for ROW I stand corrected it is four apart not two, what about regulation wins?

Last edited:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Boston will finish in 2nd behind Tampa Bay while Toronto will once again bring up the rear in the sorry Atlantic.

Toronto will then proceed to win the first three contests with Boston. Only to lose the next four.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad