Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Not if the Leafs have anything to say about it!

Ron Howard voice: "the Leafs had nothing to say about it".

Seriously, though, one of these two teams needs to wake the hell up. At this rate third in the Atlantic is gonna have 5 fewer points than the last wild card spot.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ron Howard voice: "the Leafs had nothing to say about it".

Seriously, though, one of these two teams needs to wake the hell up. At this rate third in the Atlantic is gonna have 5 fewer points than the last wild card spot.

3rd in the Atlantic has less points than a team from the Metro (Columbus) who is currently OUT of a playoff spot. It's crazy how good the Metro is this year.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
3rd in the Atlantic has less points than a team from the Metro (Columbus) who is currently OUT of a playoff spot. It's crazy how good the Metro is this year.

The Metro is easily the strongest division in the NHL, but part of what inflates them in point total is the Atlantic has 2 real hockey teams.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
The pacific that holds the two WC and don’t get to beat on Detroit/Buffalo/Ottawa 4-5 times?
To be fair, the Pacific doesnt have to deal with a Boston or Tampa team 4 times a year. If Toronto was in the Pacific they'd be in the race for the top spot, no doubt. The pacific is weak as f***. There's no denying that.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Boston will finish in 2nd behind Tampa Bay while Toronto will once again bring up the rear in the sorry Atlantic.

Toronto will then proceed to win the first three contests with Boston. Only to lose the next four.

i actually want Boston to win the division just so we get something different.

Leafs/Bruins quite frankly has become the most predictable rerun in hockey.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
f*ck y** that's our job. Go find something else to do!

leafs fans should root for Boston to win the division and play someone else for once.

leafs/Bruins has become the new Caps/Rangers (the never ending playoff series)

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
leafs fans should root for Boston to win the division and play someone else for once.

leafs/Bruins has become the new Caps/Rangers (the never ending playoff series)

I'm hoping the Leafs don't make the playoffs, trade Barrie for a first and fire Dubas in the summertime.

Do you think I honestly care about facing Boston again? Boston should hope they face us, they get more revenue then they would against Flordia or Tampa.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
i actually want Boston to win the division just so we get something different.

Leafs/Bruins quite frankly has become the most predictable rerun in hockey.

I wouldn’t hate watching the Leafs lose to the Bruins in the first round again, but I also wouldn’t hate to see something different.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
I'll be honest from a Pens perspective the Leafs were pitiful last night. We are without major players and still dictated the game. It just seemed that their urgency was stuck in October mode. I don't see how you compete with the Bolts or Bruins this year. Is it a coach issue or player issue?

Malkin is likely back on Thursday so hopefully your guys put a better effort together. Good luck

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We'll probably find out tonight. If Florida beats Anaheim, the Leafs will be backed into a corner. And then we'll finally see if their critics are right, or if they can rise to the occasion.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We'll probably find out tonight. If Florida beats Anaheim, the Leafs will be backed into a corner. And then we'll finally see if they're critics are right, or if they can rise to the occasion.

If the Leafs don't win the game tomorrow versus the Pens, and in a pretty convincing fashion to boot, I think you have to question the leadership/heart in that dressing room. If you can't come out and show you can beat a team that's embarrassed you TWICE this season, then that's pretty telling about the core in Toronto.

Reactions: DFC

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'll be honest from a Pens perspective the Leafs were pitiful last night. We are without major players and still dictated the game. It just seemed that their urgency was stuck in October mode. I don't see how you compete with the Bolts or Bruins this year. Is it a coach issue or player issue?

Malkin is likely back on Thursday so hopefully your guys put a better effort together. Good luck

Was it your number 1 D? :P, please don't talk to us about injuries.

Yeah you guys are on another level right now.

SuperHockeyFanSN

Feb 19, 2020
Yes I just got off the phone with the panthers

"So are you guys gonna let us make the playoffs????"
"No"
"CMON!!"
"NO!!"
"PLZZZZZZZZ"
"Ok"

So to answer your question, yes the Panthers are going to let the Leafs make the playoffs.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Who is letting who at this point?

Panthers and Leafs when they play again this season

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Was it your number 1 D? :P, please don't talk to us about injuries.

Yeah you guys are on another level right now.
Missing:
Malkin
Dumo (2D)
Marino (3D)
Guentzel
ZAR
Bjugstad ...meh

We are the walking wounded ...lol. I do expect the Leafs to fight better Thursday.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
"No, no, after you Florida! We insist!"

*Whispers* "There's only 8 playoff spots."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaa"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad