Will the Panthers let the Leafs make the playoffs?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm a Leafs fan, so obviously, i would love to make the playoffs....but right now....we suck. Even if we make it...we are getting our asses handed to us. The door is open for Florida, the Leafs have a tough schedule coming up.

Reactions: PaulD

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Both teams are just begging for the other team to take the last playoff spot

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
The leafs currently have the 4th most goals against with the Panthers at 5th.

I feel like teams do not generally make the playoffs when giving up that many goals.

Would be interesting to compare to previous years.

Edit: you have to go back to 16-17 to find a team make the playoffs with a bottom 10 goals against. Interestingly, it was the leafs.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Florida just won in San Jose so they are now two points back with a game in hand.

Toronto play Pittsburgh tomorrow, Florida plays Anaheim Wednesday.

Reactions: Balthazar

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Florida just won in San Jose so they are now two points back with a game in hand.

Toronto play Pittsburgh tomorrow, Florida plays Anaheim Wednesday.
Florida play Anaheim and LA next. There are no easy nights in the NHL but this one is looking even tighter after this week. Dead heat?

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
To be honest, I hope they don’t. The Leafs are a garbage hockey team and making the playoffs will only send a false message to management and pencil neck Dubas that we’re not that far off when in reality the Leafs are so far from the Cup it’s not even funny.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
For those that want to know the Leafs schedule...it's not easy. But the one things we know, is that the talent level of the opponent means little when it comes to predicting Leafs wins/losses.

The Maple Leafs schedule was pretty easy once Keefe took over and remained that way until Feb 16th. Well now, the Leafs are getting into a very tough stretch of games.

Pitt x2
Canes
TB
Panthers
Canucks
Sharks, Kings, Ducks...easy teams it's a West Coast trip...and we know how that can go
TB
Preds
Bruins
Devils
NYI
CBus
Panthers
TB
Canes
Sens
Caps
Then end the season with 2 easy games vs Detroit and Habs.

That looks like 7 "easier" games and 15 harder ones.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Florida play Anaheim and LA next. There are no easy nights in the NHL but this one is looking even tighter after this week. Dead heat?
At the start of next month Toronto will also be playing San Jose, Los Angeles and Anaheim on the road. So they will have their chance against teams they should beat on paper and so far this season they defeated all three of them when they played in Toronto.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
For those that want to know the Leafs schedule...it's not easy. But the one things we know, is that the talent level of the opponent means little when it comes to predicting Leafs wins/losses.

The Maple Leafs schedule was pretty easy once Keefe took over and remained that way until Feb 16th. Well now, the Leafs are getting into a very tough stretch of games.

Pitt x2
Canes
TB
Panthers
Canucks
Sharks, Kings, Ducks...easy teams it's a West Coast trip...and we know how that can go
TB
Preds
Bruins
Devils
NYI
CBus
Panthers
TB
Canes
Sens
Caps

Here's a strength of schedule for games already played and for remaining games. According to the remaining schedule chart the Leafs have the 5th toughest schedule remaining and Florida has the 4th easiest. That is if I'm reading that chart correct of course. :)

NHL Strength of Schedule Rankings

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Leafs are toast.

They just had a very soft 2-3 weeks and they left a lot of points on the table because of bad goaltending and zero urgency/killer instinct.

Now they head into a pretty rough part of the schedule. Next 2 weeks especially. I predict that this team'll be 5-6 points out by the end of the month.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Holy crap the Panthers won a game. It was against the Sharks but they will won!

Reactions: klabob

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Due to that sweet sweet revenue sharing it might actually be financially beneficial for Florida to give up the ghost and let the Leafs make it.
I could be wrong but I don't think playoff money is shared, Florida will get some of Toronto's money even if they punt them from the playoffs

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006

Pitt x2
Canes
TB
Panthers
Canucks
TB
Preds
Bruins
Devils
NYI
CBus
Panthers
TB
Canes
Sens
Caps

The Habs are 3-0 against Toronto this season. That is "easy"?

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Leafs benefited from the usual “coach bump” and an easy schedule when Keefe took over. Then reverted right back to being a mediocre team, which they have been for the majority of the season.

Florida’s got this

Reactions: Papa044

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad