Will Reinhart make the team?

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I don't see a spot for Mcdonald on this team at this point, to many forwards are better than him. Martin is a guy that needs to improve significantly to stay on this team. He was awful last year, and if he doesn't improve he is going to find himself unemployed.

Totally agree. Disappointing because I thought he was great the year before, the consummate 4th line forward.

He'll be on waivers shortly, IMO.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
I wasn't impressed with Reinhart last night against Carolina, HOPEFULLY it was just a bad game.

Reinhart had to kill a lot of time and wait for Pokka to get in proper position ALL night. Pokka looked really bad. He would have stuck out more (in a negative way) if griff wasn't next to him bailing him out most of the night.

BroadwayJay*

Took two against ottawa..... 3 penalties per pretty pass? Not a great ratio and not a strong indicator of positioning/ game awareness.

I haven't been able to watch any of the preseason games yet, so I don't know a thing.

I'll get a better idea Friday I suppose.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013

Darth Milbury

Feb 27, 2002
Searching for Kvasha
Visit site
I agree, but who do you think takes his place? Skille?

If Lee, Strome, and Nelson stick, the Isles have a LOT of forwards.

Without making strong predictions about the line combos (ignore the order of this list, its just easier for me this way), these guys all seem likely to be on the openning night roster (assuming no trades or demotion of waiver-free guys):

Nelson Strome Lee
Bailey JT Okposo
Kulimen Grabo Grabner
Nielsen Martin Czizkas

Extras are Skille, and Conacher

One problem to start is that the Isles have 10 top 9 forwards, and they have at least four decent options for the fourth line before CMac (Martin, Czizkas, Skille, Conacher).

I just don't see how CMac can survive.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com

Without making strong predictions about the line combos (ignore the order of this list, its just easier for me this way), these guys all seem likely to be on the openning night roster (assuming no trades or demotion of waiver-free guys):

Nelson Strome Lee
Bailey JT Okposo
Kulimen Grabo Grabner
Nielsen Martin Czizkas

One problem to start is that the Isles have 10 top 9 forwards, and they have at least four decent options for the fourth line before CMac (Martin, Czizkas, Skille, Conacher).

You forgot clutterbuck

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007

Nelson Strome Lee
Bailey JT Okposo
Kulimen Grabo Grabner
Nielsen Martin Czizkas

I agree, and Lee is making a very good case for himself to stay. I know people have talked about him being the easiest one to send down but he's probably ready.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I agree, and Lee is making a very good case for himself to stay. I know people have talked about him being the easiest one to send down but he's probably ready.

I agree. We seriously need this guys size and strength in our forward ranks. The guy is impossible to move off the puck. We need that sorely. If he is outplayed in camp, then fine. But if he is sent down simply because he doesn't have to go through waivers, it will definitely bother me.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I feel like I was watching a different game than others.. I thought Reinhart played pretty damn good and surprisingly more physical than I expected...

Brennan had 1 good defensive play and one nice hit, other than that I was very unimpressed with him... He made a few questionable decisions with and without the puck and even a couple of times he challenged the forward in the offensive Z instead of retreating back and it lead to a couple of odd man chances.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

Not me!

I'll repeat, if Conacher is here and Lee in the Bridge to start the season then both Snow and Capuano should be on the first plane to Siberia.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Yikes!

When was the last time we had so much depth up front that I actually could forget somebody?

I agree, and have for a while, but it is meaningless without enough high end talent to do anything with it.

1 Franchise player doth not a Stanley Cup team make.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not me!

I'll repeat, if Conacher is here and Lee in the Bridge to start the season then both Snow and Capuano should be on the first plane to Siberia.

And I repeat if they waive Conacher and he's claimed, then Lee falters since he is still young....the Isles are screwed.

Better to start Lee in BP, make sure he's good to go and you have an extra body immediately available in case an injury happens early and/or Conacher sucks.

I know your gut says start the better player but look at the realistic scenarios:

Lee stays in the NHL and Conacher is waived. Lee regresses, or an injury occurs guess who gets called up---> A PLACEHOLDER

Lee goes to the Bridge, Conacher starts. Conacher sucks or an injury occurs. Replacement is a pretty decent prospect. The Bridge isn't looking so deep nowadays.

I do admit, however, that Lee is looking pretty awesome and I don't anticipate any regression from him. So if Conacher is waived it won't break my heart by any means. I think Lee is ready for the NHL as well. I do see the logic in sending him to Bridge to start the season and am not so quick to excommunicate the front office if that's the strategy they take.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
And I repeat if they waive Conacher and he's claimed, then Lee falters since he is still young....the Isles are screwed.

Better to start Lee in BP, make sure he's good to go and you have an extra body immediately available in case an injury happens early and/or Conacher sucks.

I know your gut says start the better player but look at the realistic scenarios:

Lee stays in the NHL and Conacher is waived. Lee regresses, or an injury occurs guess who gets called up---> A PLACEHOLDER

Lee goes to the Bridge, Conacher starts. Conacher sucks or an injury occurs. Replacement is a pretty decent prospect. The Bridge isn't looking so deep nowadays.

I do admit, however, that Lee is looking pretty awesome and I don't anticipate any regression from him. So if Conacher is waived it won't break my heart by any means. I think Lee is ready for the NHL as well. I do see the logic in sending him to Bridge to start the season and am not so quick to excommunicate the front office if that's the strategy they take.

Lee and Conacher are both 24...

The same age as our captain and franchise player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad