Will Reinhart make the team?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Anders spent three years playing for Notre Dame and one splitting time between the AHL and NHL. I think he's ready.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
If Reinhart doesn't make the team out of camp I don't think it's a big deal by any stretch. Draft position aside, this is still the NHL and the speed and physical play is leaps and bounds over junior. Reinhart won't really be tested until the games get tougher but some AHL time is probably a really good idea. Next two weeks will tell a better story as to where he's at.

Morgan Rielly, drafted right after him, has been outstanding for the Leafs at times and he seems like he's much closer to being the player he's going to be at 23-24. It's a matter of him adjusting to the NHL and learning on the job. And this isn't meant to compare one pick over the other, but to make the point that Reinhart, to me, still looks like he can use some AHL time. Height/weight aside, Reinhart MAY NOT YET have the foot speed to deal with the speed/size of opposing forwards and time in the AHL would be a logical step where he can acclimate himself.

One thing's certain, he's really got a knack for defensive play and positioning and makes a pretty good first pass. His size and brain are his biggest asset and I believe he's going to learn very quickly.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Time to reap the reward from being patient with these guys(which we have - I don't want to read any of this rushing stuff when it comes to ANYONE not named Dal Colle or Ho-Sang making the team). Strome, Lee, Nelson, Reinhart, perhaps even Donovan as well should be part of the starting 18.

Nelson - Tavares - Okposo
Lee - Nielsen - Strome
Kulemin - Grabovski - Grabner
Martin - Bailey - Clutterbuck
x - Cizikas

de Haan - Hamonic
Reinhart - Visnovsky
Hickey - Donovan
x - Strait/Carkner; Brennan

Halak
Johnson

If need be, later on in the year, make a move for a defenseman. Especially if it's Vis who goes down. Maybe package Dal Colle and Pulock for Yandle. He's good enough to boost us immediately, and young enough to be a part of the core(28). If it doesn't have to come to that, even better.

All I know is, Strome and Reinhart need to be on the team. If not, they are playing with fire this year. Letting fear of losing depth players(Conacher/Carkner/Strait) to the waiver wire prevent you from icing the best possible team. Hopefully we are at the point where that **** is behind us.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Anders spent three years playing for Notre Dame and one splitting time between the AHL and NHL. I think he's ready.

He also played a year of ushl after his draft year under tb head coach Jon Cooper. Its been five years of development for a kid that was almost 19 when he was drafted and 220 lbs at that age.

He's plenty aged.... been ready for a while now.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Not me!

I'll repeat, if Conacher is here and Lee in the Bridge to start the season then both Snow and Capuano should be on the first plane to Siberia.

Meh.

If Conacher is playing top-6 minutes, sure. But I would rather have Conacher on the 4th line/bench and Lee playing 20+ a night in Bridgeport than the other way around.

I like Lee, but he still has a lot to learn. Playing time is important.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00