Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Marner has accumulated 161 PP minutes, McDavid has 218. Prorated, with his current efficiency, if Marner played 218 minutes, he would be at 19 points vs McDavid's 31.

So you are correct in suggesting that McDavid benefits from extra pp time, but his efficiency absolutely dwarfs Marner's.

Comparing defenceman: Barrie has accumulated 179 minutes and has 22 points. Rielly has played 150 minutes and has 12 points. Once again, prorating Rielly's minutes, he would have 14 points in those 179 minutes.

Point of this is that the reason McDavid and co have so many points on the PP is because they're incredibly efficient.

^^^This, so much this. Putting guys on the powerplay or giving them more PP time doesn't automatically guarantee them points on it. The Oilers have the #1 PP in the league, and they've been in the top 5 pretty consistently throughout this season. Those guys are a big reason as to why.

Reactions: Pointteen

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
^^^This, so much this. Putting guys on the powerplay or giving them more PP time doesn't automatically guarantee them points on it. The Oilers have the #1 PP in the league, and they've been in the top 5 pretty consistently throughout this season. Those guys are a big reason as to why.

Also it isn’t totally about efficiency either, McDavid could also have more power play points because he gets more power play time from drawing more penalties.

Since when has being effective on the powerplay been a knock against a player? Just in McDavids case?

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
pace means nothing to me either. i want to see numbers not what ifs
In his last 82 games played he has 50 goals and 90 assists for 140 points. Can he do this in a single season? A lot would have to go well but I think he could. If you watch him its pretty obvious that he is getting better. In particualr his shot has improved significantly.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
With another 3 tonight. McDavid needs 23 points in his last 11 games.

100 is now visible. Can McDavid pull this off ?
100% yes. He the real deal and is destroying the league. I feel that Myself and many have been trying to come up with excuses why he’s getting so many points but we are witnessing a player that we haven’t seen since Lemieux and Gretzky

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom Brady

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
It was kind of weird listening to a Sportnet colour commentator on the latest Oilers/Canucks game. He couldn't fathom why anyone, including McDavid himself, would care about McDavid getting to a nice round, impressive number like 100. He just wouldn't shut up about it.

Reactions: User9992

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I thought the talk of him scoring a 100 this season was a lot of wishful thinking at the start of the season but it is amazing he is this close.

Last edited:

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
The best thing with McDavid's season, is that all the sceptics will get a better understanding of how superior Gretzky and Lemieux were and how legitimate it was. Their excuse is usually how impossible it is to dominate in today's league. Well...apparently it wasn't? Just takes the right talent.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
When people think that 7 points in 5 games is given, it really says something about the player.

It’s a combination of player and opponent. McDavid has had no problem producing multiple points a game vs the Canucks. I am confident he will achieve 100 points.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
He is going to get 100 for sure. 5 games left and he needs 7pts. Easy as cake. He probably hits 100 before the last game of the season.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Seems more likely than not that he'll get it. This season hes by far the best offensive player I've seen since Lemieux. Crosby was close before the concussions.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
The best thing with McDavid's season, is that all the sceptics will get a better understanding of how superior Gretzky and Lemieux were and how legitimate it was. Their excuse is usually how impossible it is to dominate in today's league. Well...apparently it wasn't? Just takes the right talent.

Gotta watch out for those sceptics. They smell bad, just like their opinions.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
It's still up in the air. But the odds are in his favor. 7 points in 5 games seems very doable for him.

Would be cool to see him do it. What an absolutely amazing feat would it be.
At his current rate he will do it two games from now, and still have time to rest up for a game or two before the playoffs begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad