Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
McDavid is incredible, but saying that he isn't on Lemieux or Gretzky's level (at least thus far) is not a criticism really, it's just the truth. I suspect that you weren't around to watch either of those players play.

I saw Gretzky and Lemieux play, bud.

I'm assuming you don't watch much McDavid now?he's clearly the best player since those guys, if he isn't who is?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
I hope he does. It would be a nice accomplishment to see. Maybe then TNT and people here in the states would know who he was.

More excited for the upcoming all Canadian first couple round of the playoffs. Canada may burn by the end of it.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Crazy we haven't seen a player this good since Lemieux.

It's wild to me how people disagree to this, just watch how he dominates teams out there with his speed and his IQ is 4 steps ahead of everyone else.

I haven't seen a player this dominant SINCE Lemieux, Crosby was close but McDavid is already ahead of him imo.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
We need to switch the first two words in the title of this thread.....oh yeah, and change the question mark to a exclamation mark.

Reactions: Sam Cogliano

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005

I'm assuming you don't watch much McDavid now?he's clearly the best player since those guys, if he isn't who is?
I may have been misunderstanding your argument.

For me, he has to provide a bigger body of work in high stakes times for me to put him above Crosby (though he's probably on a path to surpass him). So if you're saying he's the best since Gretzky and Lemieux, I can hear that argument.

But he's got a ways to go before I will put him on Wayne or Mario's level.

Reactions: sanscosm

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee

Jágr, Crosby, Forsberg at least momentarily. On Ovechkin your mileage may vary.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019

When he said he watched those players, he meant watched their points.

Gretzky and Lemieux can't touch McDavid's skillset. His skating, stickhandling, shooting, passing, etc. is on another planet. It's mind-boggling how people who supposedly watch the game can't see the difference in skill between players now and those in the 80s, not to mention how easy it was to score back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: User9992

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
hopefully he does it against the canucks in their last game so he rests. same with drai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad