Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And that's only because you think it protects you from criticism for your "opinion" that what McDavid is doing isn't impressive. That way, by saying "I'm not impressed by Mackinnon either!" you think people won't notice a biased troll.

You're not smarter than everyone else.
I just dont care about individual accomplishments in a season like this that's all. I really would like to see McDavid put up 150 or 160 points in a normal season, then people can compare him to Mario maybe. Right now he's no Mario, he's in a tier with Crosby or Ovechkin. Mario and Wayne were on another level

Reactions: sanscosm

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
I just dont care about individual accomplishments in a season like this that's all. I really would like to see McDavid put up 150 or 160 points in a normal season, then people can compare him to Mario maybe. Right now he's no Mario, he's in a tier with Crosby or Ovechkin. Mario and Wayne were on another level

Yeah you can keep peddling this shit all you want, we know the truth.

Reactions: Leo360

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
he had 110 in 71 games last year. on pace for 127. He can clearly hit 120
I'm not arguing that. McDavid is definitely capable of a 120 season, but not 150. Like I said, 150 is like close to Mario level and McDavid is not Mario

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Canucks look horrible in the 2nd period since they came back from Covid

That honestly has to be so difficult, especially the heavy forecheck and cycle the Oilers played with in the 2nd.

It’s exhausting being hemmed in your own zone, let alone when these guys are coming off Covid. Tough situation all around, got to give those guys credit for battling on.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I like how Draisaitl just mentioned in the 2nd intermission interview that the whole team's goal is to help McDavid hit 100 points.

"I think it probably means more to our team than him. He's such a humble guy. But we're playing for him a little bit right now. We obviously want him to get it."

Reactions: CanuckCity

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
All the Crosby and Mack fans gotta let go and just enjoy this talent. I absolutely love Crosby but it’s time to let go and just enjoy the show. When mcdavid first came into the league I wanted him to lose the Ross to Crosby. However being in denial won’t change reality. Mcdavid will do this again next year while getting slightly less points.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
I'm not arguing that. McDavid is definitely capable of a 120 season, but not 150. Like I said, 150 is like close to Mario level and McDavid is not Mario
yeah everything would have to align and go perfectly for him to hit that. But I wouldnt be suprised if he hit 130-135 at least once. Hes clearly a step above anyone else in the league and Kucherov nearly hit 130 and draisaitl was nearing those numbers until covid cancelled the last 11 games last year

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
yeah everything would have to align and go perfectly for him to hit that. But I wouldnt be suprised if he hit 130-135 at least once. Hes clearly a step above anyone else in the league and Kucherov nearly hit 130 and draisaitl was nearing those numbers until covid cancelled the last 11 games last year

Exactly, and who's to say his level of play won't improve again next year and he'll keep up a similar pace in a normal season? I really hope he does because that would mean we are witnessing a clearcut top 4 or 5 player of all time.

Reactions: KidLine93

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Mackinnon is on a 115 point pace in 82 games. Don't think he can do that in a regular normal season.

Makar is at PPG, not sure if he can do that in a normal season.

That's just couple of the guys on my team I follow that are taking advantage of the covid season.

Draisaitl on 120 point pace also, not sure he can do it in a normal season.
You happen to miss Draisaitl's play last season?

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Anything you wanna bet. I wouldn't be too impressed if MacKinnon was on a 150 point pace. He's on a 115 now I'm not too impressed.

Makar is a PPG
Grubauer having a vezina caliber season.

I'm still saying let's see them doing this in a normal season
If you’re not impressed by a ~150 point pace over 50-60 games then wtf are u impressed by?? The last time anyone scored at McDavids pace of this year for 50-60 games was Lemieux and Jagr in 95/96 (they kept it up but that’s not my point). Since then even in a full season the closest anyone has gotten was Kucherov with 128 in 81. Crosby had injured seasons where he put up numbers like 66 in 41 but that was a lower pace than McDavid in less games.

Reactions: Andrei79

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
He won’t get more assists than Drai has points, but it’s entering the realm of possibility he could thus lap any non-Oiler.

(Gretz thrice got more assists than anyone else points, a fourth time his assists tied the Art Ross runner-up.)

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
If you’re not impressed by a ~150 point pace over 50-60 games then wtf are u impressed by?? The last time anyone scored at McDavids pace of this year for 50-60 games was Lemieux and Jagr in 95/96 (they kept it up but that’s not my point). Since then even in a full season the closest anyone has gotten was Kucherov with 128 in 81. Crosby had injured seasons where he put up numbers like 66 in 41 but that was a lower pace than McDavid in less games.
pace means nothing to me either. i want to see numbers not what ifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->