Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Points are fine, but I am sure he wants to get something done in the playoffs. I see more improvement next year with Holloway coming, McLoed getting to be a regular and more additions. Bouchard will be a dandy.

Reactions: Dieseloil

genk

Nov 15, 2015
I wonder what the era adjusted points (‘83-‘86) are for McDavid this season. His season is insane.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wonder what the era adjusted points (‘83-‘86) are for McDavid this season. His season is insane.

If you extrapolate on goals scored league wide I think it would be like 200+ points for McDavid using 1985 as the metric. Gretzky territory.

KidLine93

May 15, 2012
Points are fine, but I am sure he wants to get something done in the playoffs. I see more improvement next year with Holloway coming, McLoed getting to be a regular and more additions. Bouchard will be a dandy.
very excited for these young cheap prospects to fill out the roster. McLeod and Holloway have a game that can play top or bottom 6 as well. the versatility is nice. Hopefully Broberg recovers from those injuries this past year, I feel he's a longer term project much like Nurse was.

berklon

Dec 24, 2008
So he needs 7 points in the remaining 5 games. 100 points is a forgone conclusion for him.
I think he'll get it in the next 3 games.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Looking good. Needs his career average over the next 5 games to notch 100.

Of course, he’s scored at a 1.61 PPG clip over his last 234 games (60% of his career), so it’s as close to a done deal as it can be.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Looking good. Needs his career average over the next 5 games to notch 100.

Of course, he’s scored at a 1.61 PPG clip over his last 234 games (60% of his career), so it’s as close to a done deal as it can be.

Oilers fans, what is McDavid’s worse 5 game stretch? 5-6 points?

Most consistent player in the entire league, he’s notched it down to a maybe to almost automatic. When we were looking at 19 points in 11 I was thinking 50/50 for 100..

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I just dont care about individual accomplishments in a season like this that's all. I really would like to see McDavid put up 150 or 160 points in a normal season, then people can compare him to Mario maybe. Right now he's no Mario, he's in a tier with Crosby or Ovechkin. Mario and Wayne were on another level

You talk like you haven't seen McDavid play before, did you miss his previous seasons prior to this where he's dominated? he's won the Art Ross before btw

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Mcdavid played a lot tonight. I think the oilers want to get him to 100 as fast as possible so they can rest

The guy has been playing 82 games for the past 4 years... I don't think he needs rest after 51 games especially during his prime which it looks like he is entering

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
You talk like you haven't seen McDavid play before, did you miss his previous seasons prior to this where he's dominated? he's won the Art Ross before btw
McDavid is incredible, but saying that he isn't on Lemieux or Gretzky's level (at least thus far) is not a criticism really, it's just the truth. I suspect that you weren't around to watch either of those players play.

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
The guy has been playing 82 games for the past 4 years... I don't think he needs rest after 51 games especially during his prime which it looks like he is entering
I’ve understood (and correct me if I’m wrong), but they’re playing more games in a week now especially if you gave to catch up your covid-19 break

chauron

Jan 5, 2014

Even if the person would be Lemieux, Gretzky or McDavid, it’s unreasonable to measure him solely based on team’s performance. He can’t be on the ice always and errors made by others aren’t his. But of course leadership and winning counts, but it must not be the only performance indicator.

If you look at how many % of the points are McDavid associated, you can see how insanely has carried the team.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It helps that McDavid (31) and Drai (27) have almost 3x as many PP points. No forwards are really close to them. Matthews has 13 and Marner has 14.

This is one of the advantages of having a less deep team, the PP time isn't split as much.

North PP leaders:
1.) McDavid
2.) Drai
3.) Barrie
4.) RNH
5.) Gaudreau
Marner has accumulated 161 PP minutes, McDavid has 218. Prorated, with his current efficiency, if Marner played 218 minutes, he would be at 19 points vs McDavid's 31.

So you are correct in suggesting that McDavid benefits from extra pp time, but his efficiency absolutely dwarfs Marner's.

Comparing defenceman: Barrie has accumulated 179 minutes and has 22 points. Rielly has played 150 minutes and has 12 points. Once again, prorating Rielly's minutes, he would have 14 points in those 179 minutes.

Point of this is that the reason McDavid and co have so many points on the PP is because they're incredibly efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad