NBA Will Kawhi Leonard re-sign with the Toronto Raptors?

Will KL re-sign with Toronto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So his update is that there is no update.

I heard some rumour that Kawhi's Uncle Dennis is business partners with Cris Carters former agent, and they re using him as the mouth piece because on the surface it looks like he has no skin in the game.

Saw online the other day that someone said Kawhi's plan was to make the Lakers wait, miss out on all the good role players, then sign with the Clippers just too crew over LAL :laugh:

Reactions: NJDevs26

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I wonder if the league has any sort of preference for where he ends up

On the one hand, I'm sure they would be thrilled to see the Lakers doing well come playoff time

On the other hand, it's not at all a good look for the league that the Finals MVP won't stay with the team that he just won a championship with

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
I wonder if the league has any sort of preference for where he ends up

On the one hand, I'm sure they would be thrilled to see the Lakers doing well come playoff time

On the other hand, it's not at all a good look for the league that the Finals MVP won't stay with the team that he just won a championship with

The playoff ratings were down apparently with no Lebron this year. There is no doubt that a stacked Lakers superteam spearheaded by Lebron would generate the most buzz for the league. I figure that's what the NBA is hoping for.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Jalen Rose is usually pretty correct with his predictions, says Kawhi on a 2 year deal back in Toronto.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The playoff ratings were down apparently with no Lebron this year. There is no doubt that a stacked Lakers superteam spearheaded by Lebron would generate the most buzz for the league. I figure that's what the NBA is hoping for.

It would be a bad thing for the league, might as well cancel the league for a few years because we know who will win. Nobody likes to see one team unfairly stacked, it just isn’t good for the sport.

Kawhi remaining in Toronto provides the best balance the NBA has seen in a long time. If league execs were smart that’s what they would be hoping for.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Jalen was correct when he said Kawhi would never play for the Spurs again.

I trust him more than these other rumours but I’m not holding breath. It makes sense to take a 2-year deal for the supermax, but I still think he could join the Clippers. I don’t think he’d choose the Lakers, imho.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jalen was correct when he said Kawhi would never play for the Spurs again.

I trust him more than these other rumours but I’m not holding breath. It makes sense to take a 2-year deal for the supermax, but I still think he could join the Clippers. I don’t think he’d choose the Lakers, imho.

Jalen was like two steps ahead on every piece of that Kawhi saga. Between that and this i'm convinced he knows somebody in his camp.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
You have some people saying he’s for sure going to LA, some people saying he’s for sure going to Toronto.

I’m pretty sure no one actually knows what’s going on and everyone is taking guesses or getting false information.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
If it was a foregone conclusion that Kawhi was gonna stay in Toronto, he wouldn't be taking this long to decide.

Still a coin flip between the Clippers and Raptors, imho.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
74F8E82C-DDBE-4E2B-92EF-830685F3C340.png

I’m more interested in seeing Stephen A’s reaction to this tbh

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Is Jalen Rose's 99% coming from inside info or speculation? I keep hearing this 99% but not where hes getting it from.
I’ve been waiting to get a chance, and I just heard the J Rose clip. He said that from he’s hearing, it’s 99% percent to stay in Toronto.

Now, it’s possible I guess that he’s lying, or even being misled by someone, but it seems the info is not speculation and that someone is telling him something.

Last edited:

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
You can really make this argument about all three teams, I think.

Heh, personally I don't think Lakers are a serious contender. Kawhi probably just wants to give them a shot, but there aren't any indications that he cares about forming a super team or about playing with LeBron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad