NBA Will Kawhi Leonard re-sign with the Toronto Raptors?

Will KL re-sign with Toronto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
The Raptors have always come across as a Mickey Mouse organization

Sure, they may be "classy", but that's not the issue. I'd think most organizations conduct themselves in a professional manner.

The Lakers are a joke currently if you are talking about “Mickey mouse”. Professionalism left that organization a long time ago.

And until Balmer arrived, the Clippers were awful. They were the laughingstock of pro sports, right at the bottom of the barrel with the Cleveland Browns.

The Raptors as a franchise have come along way. They really took care of Kawhi this year and he felt comfortable and trusted their medical staff which by various reports was important to him. Now, at the end of the day is that going to be a difference maker, we will find out.

Do billboards used to recruit a player scream class? These are pretty sad. :laugh:

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Yea, same thing happened with Tavares right? Whoops.

Some people might hate it, some people will not. Most people would realize that after the decision the attention will draw down to normal levels and that this is an extreme situation where the finals MVP of a team who won the title for their first ever time, is a pending free agent after only one year with the club. Of course it's going to draw attention.
First major guy to sign in Canada in nearly 20 years. Great Choice. Most people will think this is over the top, normal people anyway.
The Lakers are a joke currently if you are talking about “Mickey mouse”. Professionalism left that organization a long time ago.

And until Balmer arrived, the Clippers were awful. They were the laughingstock of pro sports, right at the bottom of the barrel with the Cleveland Browns.

The Raptors as a franchise have come along way. They really took care of Kawhi this year and he felt comfortable and trusted their medical staff which by various reports was important to him. Now, at the end of the day is that going to be a difference maker, we will find out.

Do billboards used to recruit a player scream class? These are pretty sad. :laugh:

You're right. And yet they're all in this still. Somehow. Because they're the Lakers.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Sports fans have got to get a thicker skin. Look at how the Canadian media acts toward some of the southern teams. Same thing. Not saying you personally but that's sports now, its' unfortunate but it it what it is. Honestly the team is looking like the Mavericks and Pistons of the 10's and 00's. One and done. No shame in that, for now. Plus the man said he wanted to go to LA last year.
Lol you became a basketball fan 5 min ago calm down. Would you even have watched if the Raptors weren't in it? Probably the hockey focus from Sportsnet and company when there was no Canadian team in the final (again) was the problem. I am a Knicks fan. We know.

I haven't watched an NBA finals since pre Heat super team crap, but watch March madness each year. Super teams make me bitter and that goes for each sport, but I like parity. You are right in regards to Canadian media and southern teams, but I personally feel the Canadian market is tapped out for more NHL team and the only place to grow the league is deeper south.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Yea, same thing happened with Tavares right? Whoops.

Some people might hate it, some people will not. Most people would realize that after the decision the attention will draw down to normal levels and that this is an extreme situation where the finals MVP of a team who won the title for their first ever time, is a pending free agent after only one year with the club. Of course it's going to draw attention.
Oh and Kadri as well just stiffed Calgary.
It's about to be the 2nd in the last year :naughty:
We'll see. We were are sure Lakers had won yesterday.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I haven't watched an NBA finals since pre Heat super team crap, but watch March madness each year. Super teams make me bitter and that goes for each sport, but I like parity. You are right in regards to Canadian media and southern teams, but I personally feel the Canadian market is tapped out for more NHL team and the only place to grow the league is deeper south.
Super teams are fine. People want glamour franchises and players. Ratings. No one wants to see Cleveland vs Pittsburgh in the world series for example. Parity means a bad product.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Why are you guys bickering? It's dumb and it's fun. Just relax and enjoy the NBA craziness.

It is quite funny.

Remember when LeBron had that telecast to announce he was taking his talents to Miami? That whole thing was a joke. All the rumours and courting by the teams interested in him was gold.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Super teams are fine. People want glamour franchises and players. Ratings. No one wants to see Cleveland vs Pittsburgh in the world series for example. Parity means a bad product.

I supposed its fine for 5 or 6 teams in the league and ESPN, but I feel people in the places like Minnesota, Charlotte and other similar markets would disagree.

If I lived in LA or NYC.. I'd be on board with super teams haha.

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I supposed its fine for 5 or 6 teams in the league and ESPN, but I feel people in the places like Minnesota, Charlotte and other similar markets would disagree.

If I lived in LA or NYC.. I'd be on board with super teams haha.
You're not wrong but if people were honest with themselves and look at the recent US censuses, regular people are making the same moves if they can. I love dynasties personally. I would watch kids sports if I wanted everyone to win.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Furthermore, the NBA has never had parity in the modern era (80s onward). The NBA has been one dynasty after another for about 40 years and the NBA has always been wildly popular outside of the mid 2000s after the Shaq/Kobe dynasty.

The lone exceptions are my Pistons in '04 and the Dallas championship team. Well, and Toronto I suppose.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd like to see the NBA go to a year-to-year fantasy league style format

At the end of each season, every player - with the exception of those on the championship team - would be put in a pool and redrafted

A draft lottery involving all teams - minus the champions - would be held to determine the draft order

This would completely eliminate the need to tank, and would naturally clear up the situation with NCAA players entering the league before they're ready since every team would be in win-now mode

Players would be paid based on their draft slot

Every team would have a chance to win a championship each season (give or take)

The Grizzlies, for example, could have a nucleus of Harden, Aldridge, and Wiggins one season, and then the following year be sending out Lillard, DeRozan and Horford

Win the championship and your team stays together for another season

You want parity? That's the answer

And of course, some type of insurance policy would be in place to cover injuries. That goes without saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad