NBA Will Kawhi Leonard re-sign with the Toronto Raptors?

Will KL re-sign with Toronto?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Yes. He can sign a super max contract in two more years. It goes higher after a certain amount of years in the league

Makes sense despite their being some considerable risk. Especially after reestablishing his value which never could become higher.

This has become more of a spectacle than LeBron. All we need is a one-hour special where Jim Gray asks Kawhi what is his favorite fruit?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I won’t believe anything until I hear it from Woj, Shams or Windhorst.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski believes Kawhi Leonard's decision can come Wednesday night or on July 4.

There have been rumors all over the place with Kawhi leaning towards the Raptors, but the heavy-hitting reporters have been quiet. For what it's worth, NBA commentator Jalen Rose said there's a 99% chance Kawhi stays in Toronto, and ESPN play-by-play man Mark Jones also said the Raptors will get the Board Man. Vegas sports books have also upped the Raptors' title odds from 14-1 to 6-1. Kawhi is one of the hardest players to scoop in pro sports, so any report should come with a grain of salt.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I understand why. After the run the Raptors had, it's probably a much harder decision to make.

If i were him though, i'd stay in Toronto at least short term. From a neutral fan perspective, you have a team that won a title and would be in strong contention to at least have a chance to defend. (with the only team posing an immediate threat being the Bucks since the Sixers and Celtics are in a state of flux) Not only that, you are now god in Canada. Plenty of potential for endorsements and the like. More so than he'd probably get playing second fiddle to LeBron regardless if he goes to the Clips or Lakers.

And to tie it in to the above, he'd be THE man here. The face of basketball in Canada come hell or high water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad