Will Crosby ever win another Art Ross?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
The ones he missed out on from that concussion. And Benn's year And St.Louis winning in 2012-13 with 60 points in 48 games. Crosby 56 points in 36 games.

Like I said, he missed time..those guys didnt. So he doesnt get credit for something he didnt get. Im just talking about people using the " only 2 art rosses" as an argument to claim he isnt as good as people say he is.
So those two years . Definitely could of been in the running for 3/4 more but they aren't really sure things even if he didn't have the fake concussion messed up neck

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
No because he has started to do what LeBron James has been doing in Cleveland for years: he goes through the motions in the regular season, the team finishes wherever it finishes as long as they make the playoffs, they look like this may be the year where they are finally vulnerable and then, BOOM, he flips the switch. I think last night proved that

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
At least 3-4 more ? Idk about that even if he kept up his pre neck injury pace that ruined him for a couple years he still had prime ovie and malkin at the same time

I guess if you give him malkins and then whatever year Benn won the Ross. Maybe he takes one of the sedins but they both won with a respectable over 100 point seasons. Maybe st Louis? Benns is pretty much the only year the Ross wasn't that impressive

In 2011 he would have won even if he dropped from a 1.6 Ppg pace to a 1. 2013 he missed the last two weeks and still only lost by a handful of points. The other years are more up in the air.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So those two years . Definitely could of been in the running for 3/4 more but they aren't really sure things even if he didn't have the fake concussion messed up neck

At least 2 more...likely 3...possibly 4. No problem with that argument. Making a point that using the amount of ARTs won to sum up his entire career is a ridiculous argument.

Nice edit to the post about St. Louis after I mentioned him tho. :laugh:

As for the year D. Sedin won with 104 points, Crosby didnt need to keep pace to pass that, having 66 points in 41 games. Keeping that pace would be 132 points, could have been under a ppg for the last 41 games and still finished with more than 104.

Last edited:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Players actually seem to like and have respect for McDavid. I guess he hasn't done anything yet to piss people off, except for Pens fans by being better than their fave.

They key to success in any compition is doing what makes you most liked, absolutely.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
At least 2 more...likely 3...possibly 4. No problem with that argument. Making a point that using the amount of ARTs won to sum up his entire career is a ridiculous argument.

Nice edit to the post about St. Louis after I mentioned him tho. :laugh:

As for the year D. Sedin won with 104 points, Crosby didnt need to keep pace to pass that, having 66 points in 41 games. Keeping that pace would be 132 points, could have been under a ppg for the last 41 games and still finished with more than 104.
TBH I edited in st Louis before I read your post hahah seems slimey now but I was actually googling the winners at the time

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Price won in 2015. AO got the Hart in the shortened season
OMG dubnyk got top five the year price won . I figured I was wrong about that what a weird year five goalies in the top 25

Some pens fan gives letang a vote every year which is hilarious. He's been a good dman but not Hart worthy

Last edited:
Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
Imagine that, great players can play on bad teams.

Did you know Lemieux didn't even make the playoffs until his 5th season, and 16/21 teams made it back then, what a bum.

Did you know Lemieux made players around him better too during those years. Warren Young, Terry Ruskowski, Rob Brown. His teams also competed for playoff spots too. They didn’t regress. Let me know when McDavid gets there.

Reactions: MalkinsPierogi

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
And yet you spend your days in every Crosby thread.

I dont mind the debates about who is or who will be better , but anyone that tries to downplay Crosbys career by saying hes only won 2 ARTs (ignoring why) cant be taken seriously. Nobody wants to admit it, but when people are taking a look at his career stats ...they know he should have had at least 3-4 more. So technically you are right , he has only won two. And he doesnt get credit for the years he was injured. But to even use that as an argument and say he wouldnt have kept up that pace and probably lost anyways? Hard to take seriously.

Just like Pens fans shouldnt use the playoff achievements or lack of for McDavid to downplay him. Not his fault his GM belongs on HFboards instead of being paid by an NHL team.

How about letting things play out and appreciating both of these guys? Pens fans didnt start out disliking the kid..I remember alot of comments from people being excited theres finally a player entering the league who could be on Crosby's level. But when you start seeing a bunch of comments downplaying Crosby's career to claim McDavid is already better...opinions will obviously change.

Agreed. I don’t dislike McDavid at all. He’s a fun player to watch. I dislike McDavid fanboys who put him on a pedestal he’s clearly not achieved. He’s just not on Crosby’s level just yet.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Or as a hockey player, not doing things that make other players want to concuss you.

You don’t know how these things work do you? Quick question how many missed games due to concussions does Marchand have in his career? Matt Cooke had a pretty healthy career. Just take the L on this one.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
You don’t know how these things work do you? Quick question how many missed games due to concussions does Marchand have in his career? Matt Cooke had a pretty healthy career. Just take the L on this one.
Are you saying all Crosby's concussions were accidental fluke injuries?

OVrocks

Dec 9, 2009
LA
No way, he’ll be out of the league within 3 years. Sid is washed up and way past his expiration date.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Or as a hockey player, not doing things that make other players want to concuss you.

Feeling a bit threatened after Crosby's three even strength goals last night are we?

If only Crosby could have lead this last regular season in ES points like he has in the playoffs in his career, he could get more respect.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
No way, he’ll be out of the league within 3 years. Sid is washed up and way past his expiration date.
He's great over small sample sizes like playoffs and shortened seasons though. At this point in his career his claim to fame is the Conn Smythe, an award he can ride to with a great team supporting him and questionable votes. He's not Art Ross material anymore, too difficult for him, the individual competition is just too good.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Passchendaele

Dec 11, 2006
Did you know Lemieux made players around him better too during those years. Warren Young, Terry Ruskowski, Rob Brown. His teams also competed for playoff spots too. They didn’t regress. Let me know when McDavid gets there.

You'd wonder who he was feeding his 137 assists over the last two years to if he wasn't making players around him better.

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
He's great over small sample sizes like playoffs and shortened seasons though. At this point in his career his claim to fame is the Conn Smythe, an award he can ride to with a great team supporting him and questionable votes. He's not Art Ross material anymore, too difficult for him, the individual competition is just too good.

You have to be a scrub to win B2B conn-smythes right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad