Will anyone be able to stop the Knights in the playoffs?

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I think Dallas can take out Vegas this year if they rematch again. Dallas has the depth down the middle to match Vegas line for line. As long as Oettinger can keep up with Adin Hill (Im assuming he's their starter to start). But I can see Hill and Thompson splitting the workload. Benefit of having two capable goalies not being as tired down the stretch if you go deep.
If theres any team that can beat the Knights, its really them. I think Dallas just played the Knights right at almost every step but lost from some absolute BS goals in that series.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
If theres any team that can beat the Knights, its really them. I think Dallas just played the Knights right at almost every step but lost from some absolute BS goals in that series.

Wouldn't mind a rubber match.

Dallas got the better of them in 2020, in five games.

Vegas got their revenge last season, in six.

Seven-game classic on the horizon, assuming both teams can take care of business en route to the WCF rematch. :laugh:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
As others have stated, the West is a beast this year and anything can happen.

With that being said, I’m putting DAL, VGK, and COL above the rest. Not by much but with how deep those teams are, and considering their recent playoff success over the last few years, it’s hard not to put them in a class of their own.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
As others have stated, the West is a beast this year and anything can happen.

With that being said, I’m putting DAL, VGK, and COL above the rest. Not by much but with how deep those teams are, and considering their recent playoff success over the last few years, it’s hard not to put them in a class of their own.
But some weird feeling in me wants to say that the Kings or Predators go on a rampant run. Winnipeg too but we need to see the jets get back into form and fast.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

Oettinger hasn't been good in the playoffs since 2021. He needs to perform up to expectations. If he does, Dallas at least makes it to the cup final this year.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Oettinger hasn't been good in the playoffs since 2021. He needs to perform up to expectations. If he does, Dallas at least makes it to the cup final this year.

I'm assuming you meant 2022 vs. your Flames, where he almost single-handedly won the series with a stellar performance.

You're right, if he gets back to that level the Stars are going to be incredibly dangerous.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If he fails then go to Wedgewood. Best part of having two capable goalies is that you can swap them out when needed.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Wouldn't mind a rubber match.

Dallas got the better of them in 2020, in five games.

Vegas got their revenge last season, in six.

Seven-game classic on the horizon, assuming both teams can take care of business en route to the WCF rematch. :laugh:
Yeah but Debeor was our coach then.... oh right :sarcasm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Man i hope we can stay atop the Pacific so the Oilers and Knights play each other in the first Round.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have a hard time believing in Dallas since they seem to choke consistently in the playoffs

Literally made the WCF last year and the SCF 4 years ago.

blame MY owners? you want to blame anyone then go blame gary Bettman for being so blind to this crap. Oh its not okay when someone does workouts for prospects, but you circumvent the cap? good to go no punishment for you.

its stupidity at its finest and Gary playing favorites.

You realize LTIR is available to all 32 franchises right?

Reactions: hangman005

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If he fails then go to Wedgewood. Best part of having two capable goalies is that you can swap them out when needed.
I'm assuming you meant 2022 vs. your Flames, where he almost single-handedly won the series with a stellar performance.

You're right, if he gets back to that level the Stars are going to be incredibly dangerous.

Dallas playoff success this year will fall on Oettingers shoulders. If he can perform well, he's shown that he has another gear that Hill, Georgiev, Skinner have yet to show.

When Oettinger is on his game, he's easily a top 5 starter. When he's not, he's a bottom 10 goalie in the league.

That Dallas blueline is solid though, they should be able to keep forwards to the outside and minimize prime scoring chances and odd man rushes. Clear out rebounds and get the puck out of the d-zone quickly.

Reactions: Osakahaus

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I’d not say those words to an Oilers die-hard face to face without Kevlar given how some regard Vegas. :laugh:

I’d be thrilled if Staios, Allvin and Treliving had the kind of chats that McCrimmon & Grier had on Hertl even before the ASG. (Pretty sure Vegas’ “computer boy” counterpart was in on that too…..can’t leave Andy Lugerner out of it given how the Hertl deal was done.)

PO’s are just more entertaining with a Clash of the Titans. More so if most matchups are crazy hard to call.

Worst thing about the Covid Cup to me wasn’t Tampa winning or the Knights losing, even. (Thanks, Fleury. Love ya, but stop staring at the scoreboard when Josh Anderson is on the ice…!!!) It was knowing that Montréal was likely to get paved over by a Bolts team built for just that job. I prefer playoff outcomes harder to call.
I'm with Jase. They're doing what they're allowed to do to win. The whining and crying about it is just icing on the cake.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Dallas playoff success this year will fall on Oettingers shoulders. If he can perform well, he's shown that he has another gear that Hill, Georgiev, Skinner have yet to show.

When Oettinger is on his game, he's easily a top 5 starter. When he's not, he's a bottom 10 goalie in the league.

That Dallas blueline is solid though, they should be able to keep forwards to the outside and minimize prime scoring chances and odd man rushes. Clear out rebounds and get the puck out of the d-zone quickly.
Pretty sure Hill showed he had it last year.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011

Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, Winnipeg, & Vancouver all have goalies capable of stealing enough wins to carry their team to the Cup. I give the edge to Dallas (because of their forward depth) and Colorado (because they have 2 of the top 5 forwards and 1 of the best 3 defenseman in the league). Whichever one of those teams makes it out of the Central Division will win the cup.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Last team to beat the knights in the playoffs were the habs, and I think we can all agree no playoff team this year is as good as Montreal.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
We’ve seen this show before, Winnipeg and Chicago say hi.
Of course the Oilers can lose round 1, but lets not pretend those playoff series were like today. No fans, long break during covid and just 2 weird seasons most people will forget. Some players didnt even want to be there.

Just like they stopped them in the 2nd round last year.
Different teams. It will be a 50/50 call, just like it is with you 2 disagreeing. One will be right, one wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad