Will anyone be able to stop the Knights in the playoffs?

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Oilers will be favored in Round 1. Whomever wins I expect to dispose of Vancouver the next round.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I think all of Vegas, Edmonton, Dallas, Colorado, Nashville, LA, and Winnipeg have a compelling case to make some noise.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
As a VGK fan, I don’t assume a repeat. This shit is hard. That said….

Teams that legit concern me: Avs, Oilers, Dallas, Winnipeg

Teams that can tear a new asshole: Preds, LA

On one hand, if matchups result in many of these teams getting beaten up more than Vegas, it’s potentially advantageous. On the other, I’m not discounting the talent on those rosters.

And that’s only the west. (Looking at you, FLA/TOR/CAR/BOS.) Strong opponents, all.

Last edited:

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I'm still putting my money on Dallas in the West. They're firing on all cylinders right now, and it looks like they are going to hit a sliding LA squad in round 1, which should be a cake-walk for them, while Edmonton-Vegas and Colorado-Winnipeg will be dogfights, and Vancouver-Nashville could be really interesting with how well the Predators have played in the last month.

Dallas is arguably the most complete team in the entire NHL. This team needs nothing. But all their success will fall on Oettingers shoulders. If he shows up and plays to his potential, the Stars make it to the cup final.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Not only are the Knights waking up, they are without Carrier, Hertl and Stone......you can be sure no one wants to face this team once the playoffs start.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
What fanbases are obligated to feel bad for others? (Not that I don’t have others for whom I hold an affinity, but that’s besides the point.)

Getting the vibe that if Vegas iced a cap compliant team and fought through the playoffs with full marks for effort, you’d still find a way to verbally shit dysentery linguini all over the accomplishment.

Any team getting through 16 playoff wins deserves it, despite whatever we here on an Internet forum think about it.

If you want to cry about the CBA, write your owners a letter telling them to put their money where their mouths are. Ain’t the Knights fault that another franchise only utilizes 99.1% of the agreed-upon procedures.
Its also the dumbest rule in history and should be enforced

• Haha

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
and that is the part that should scare fans. They are adding 2 legit top 6 guys. Their depth is nuts
Hertl is whatever, he will have no developed chemistry with that team and will probably have a limited role these playoffs. Stone is a huge add however.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Its also the dumbest rule in history and should be enforced
Take it less personally. Next, blame your owners for not acting similarly.

Vegas ain’t cheating SHIT. There are half a dozen other teams in that space or right up on it.

Once the CBA changes things, I’m all for adherence to that, but circa now, the problem isn’t the Knights or the CBA.

It‘a the teams not utilizing the entire playbook to win a Championship.

Take it less personally.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
CBA agreed upon at least 2 years before the Golden Knights had a chance to exist, I’ll add…..

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I hope we see Avs vs Vegas this playoffs. We didn’t see it last playoffs, but the Avs would have likely been swept anyways as they were a one line team and lost to the over achieving Kraken.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Lots depends on Mark Stone's spleen. He came off LTIR last time and put in a Conn Smythe worthy performance against us. Whether he's hurt or "hurt" he was goddamn effective.
Would be shocked if Stone doesn't manage to come off injured reserve to start playoffs.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I'm still putting my money on Dallas in the West. They're firing on all cylinders right now, and it looks like they are going to hit a sliding LA squad in round 1, which should be a cake-walk for them, while Edmonton-Vegas and Colorado-Winnipeg will be dogfights, and Vancouver-Nashville could be really interesting with how well the Predators have played in the last month.
Kings given their remaining schedule should pass Nashville. If they play Vancouver they will give them fits. Believe LA has won all 3 this year with 1 more to play.

Last edited:

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Or Dallas or Colorado. I'd say those are the top 4 teams in the West. EDM maybe a bit behind the other three due to Holland's shitty deadline.
Vancouver (with a healthy Demko) can compete with anyone. Best 5on5 team that has great centre depth and stars in every tentpole position.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
Assuming everyone's healthy for game 1, their 3rd and 4th lines will be an absolute nightmare over 7 games.

The top 6 is obviously dynamite but that depth will run circles around most teams backed by a strong defensive core.

Just simple attrition will hamper most teams since they can't match up to that much firepower over 7 games.

On top of this, Hertl is an excellent two-way forward who can PK and shoulder some of that stress to open up offensive minutes for the other VGK stars playing those roles. The number of options available to them with Stone + Hertl back in a matchup environment will be deadly.

The fact they have recent cup-winning experience only makes them more of a playoff juggernaut.

Stars, Avalanche, and the Golden Knights hopefully play against each other at one point to see how they handle the pressure of a strong opponent.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
The biggest advantage I think Colorado has is that Makar has the ability to shut down McDavid better than any other defenseman. He did this in the playoffs a few years ago. Whether he will be as effective in a future playoff remains to be seen.
I was thinking yesterday about commenting that Heiskanen does it even better than Cale but I knew that my argument will be stronger if I wait until Dallas-Edmonton game is over ;)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Take it less personally. Next, blame your owners for not acting similarly.

Vegas ain’t cheating SHIT. There are half a dozen other teams in that space or right up on it.

Once the CBA changes things, I’m all for adherence to that, but circa now, the problem isn’t the Knights or the CBA.

It‘a the teams not utilizing the entire playbook to win a Championship.

Take it less personally.
blame MY owners? you want to blame anyone then go blame gary Bettman for being so blind to this crap. Oh its not okay when someone does workouts for prospects, but you circumvent the cap? good to go no punishment for you.

its stupidity at its finest and Gary playing favorites.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I think Dallas can take out Vegas this year if they rematch again. Dallas has the depth down the middle to match Vegas line for line. As long as Oettinger can keep up with Adin Hill (Im assuming he's their starter to start). But I can see Hill and Thompson splitting the workload. Benefit of having two capable goalies not being as tired down the stretch if you go deep.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
blame MY owners? you want to blame anyone then go blame gary Bettman for being so blind to this crap. Oh its not okay when someone does workouts for prospects, but you circumvent the cap? good to go no punishment for you.

its stupidity at its finest and Gary playing favorites.
1ulw24t.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad