Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Something around Poehling + 16th for Greenway + 11th (picks to even out if needed, we have a lot btw)?

Poehling isn't proven - but could pan out to be a good 2-way 2C. Poehling was ranked 3rd on our prospect pool by Button, I just don't see him surpassing Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Danault anytime soon.

Edit: Realized MIN has 9 OVR, probably too much of a jump for this trade

Last edited:

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If the Canucks don’t sign Marky I could see Benning making a minor trade to get Dubnyk. One year at 4 on the cap is decent.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Something around Poehling + 16th for Greenway + 11th (picks to even out if needed, we have a lot btw)?

Poehling isn't proven - but could pan out to be a good 2-way 2C. Poehling was ranked 3rd on our prospect pool by Button, I just don't see him surpassing Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Danault anytime soon.

Edit: Realized MIN has 9 OVR, probably too much of a jump for this trade
You think Poehling has more value than Greenway?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If the Canucks don’t sign Marky I could see Benning making a minor trade to get Dubnyk. One year at 4 on the cap is decent.
If Vancouver is willing to take Dubnyk at his full cap?
Dubnyk +5th for future considerations

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
If Vancouver is willing to take Dubnyk at his full cap?
Dubnyk +5th for future considerations
Might be more of a Dubnyk for Sutter deal. One year Left at similar cap hit, and actual money still to be paid. Each team fills a stop gap need for next season, and has no longer term commitment.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Might be more of a Dubnyk for Sutter deal. One year Left at similar cap hit, and actual money still to be paid. Each team fills a stop gap need for next season, and has no longer term commitment.
Zero interest in that

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Zero interest in that
That’s likely how these toxic contracts are moved. Teams switch their garbage in hopes it can fill a hole. Otherwise, these types of players will just finish their contracts with their current teams. In a rising cap era it cost the Leafs the 13th OA pick to dump a similar contract in Marleau. It’s now the Covid flat cap, and money (for most teams) is very tight. The cost to dump toxic contracts, without taking back one is even higher.

Reactions: KingsFan7824

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That’s likely how these toxic contracts are moved. Teams switch their garbage in hopes it can fill a hole. Otherwise, these types of players will just finish their contracts with their current teams. In a rising cap era it cost the Leafs the 13th OA pick to dump a similar contract in Marleau. It’s now the Covid flat cap, and money (for most teams) is very tight. The cost to dump toxic contracts, without taking back one is even higher.
I don't expect the Wild to be able to move Dubnyk without either paying for it or taking something similar back. Straight up for a worse contract makes no sense at all though,

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Sure for Dumba not friggin Greenway.

Don't believe we will be trading Domi or Danault for Lesser players.
We will add to one of Domi or Danault to get a better player based on our teams need.

Wild aren't exchanging their 1st under any circumstances for players like domi, not happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad